Pre-season predictions you made that look good now.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Before the season I said the Flyers and Blue Jackets would miss the playoffs and people thought I was crazy. I also said Letang would get a Norris nomination this year and that prediction is also starting to look pretty good.

What about you guys? What did you correctly predict?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I said Patrick Kane would win the Art Ross and the Capitals and Pens would battle for the Metro title.

Not sure if I am a prophet or an idiot yet. ;)

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
I predicted that Montreal would be in the race for the division title and that both Ottawa and Toronto would miss the playoffs.

However, I also thought that Detroit would miss the playoffs so I was wrong on that one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought Luongo and Nash would have bounceback years. I thought Ondrej Palat would score 70 points. He's on pace for 61 despite injuries and despite being held scoreless for the last 5 games.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Did anyone actually think the Flyers would be good? From I recall, it was pretty clear their defence would be putrid and their goaltending not good enough to make up for it.

I predicted that Florida would finish 9th in the East and the Isles would make the playoffs. I was wrong on all other "bold" predictions though (still time though for the Leafs to make it right?).

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I was pretty confident Nashville would make the playoffs, argued with friends that essentially a team with a healthy Rinne / that D would win enough games to get in regardless of how many goals they scored.

Thought Forsberg would impress (though not this much) and didn't really think they'd be quite this good.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Minny would be bad. tarasenko would step up.
Preds would be a playoff team...altough I thought in like a wild card capacity.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Like last season make 5 predictions about the oilers for this coming season

here are mine

1) Craig Ramsey will be head Coach by March
2) One of either Eberle, Hall or Hopkins will not be an oiler by march
3) Perron will finish with the most pts on the team
4) Pouliot and Fayne will take turns being the whipping boy of the oilers
5) Purcell does not get more then 20pts in the season

hail mary predictions (last year I called the collapse of the canucks)

1) Vancouver's head coach wins the Jack Adams
2) NYI make the final four
3) Marty B has no home till Decemeber
4) Gagner gets 60pts

take note of the four none oiler predictions

the thread

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1740837&highlight=

need to back up "prediction" with proof you made it"

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Kucherov would be better the Yakupov. It was in a Yakupov to Tampa trade thread before the season started.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Did anyone actually think the Flyers would be good? From I recall, it was pretty clear their defence would be putrid and their goaltending not good enough to make up for it.

I predicted that Florida would finish 9th in the East and the Isles would make the playoffs. I was wrong on all other "bold" predictions though (still time though for the Leafs to make it right?).

Putting aside the fact that their fourth line and coaching are huge problems as well, Mason has a .922 save percentage which is top ten in the league.

Is there goaltending out there that "compensates" enough to make up for their deficiencies?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I said Price would be a Vezina contender, just didn't expect him to be arguably the Hart leader and Vezina leader by now. Also predicted that Montreal would be one of the top teams in the east, which looks good so far.

For the Sharks, can't think of any predictions I made that are looking good, at least off the top of my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad