GDT: Pre-Season New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | Sept. 28 | 7:00PM | L 5-4

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

That Barzal to Pulock is what I'd like to see on the PP. Barzal can still man the half wall and Pulock the point on the PP, then have them swap while Barzal shifts around and drags the Buffalo defense to the other side while Pulock opens up for the one timer.

We need more movement on the PP and shifting of players rather than stagnant positions in order to get the PKers moving around and goalie moving laterally.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
That Barzal to Pulock is what I'd like to see on the PP. Barzal can still man the half wall and Pulock the point on the PP, then have them swap while Barzal shifts around and drags the Buffalo defense to the other side while Pulock opens up for the one timer.

We need more movement on the PP and shifting of players rather than stagnant positions in order to get the PKers moving around and goalie moving laterally.

THANK YOU!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Two thoughts:

How the hell did the last Skinner goal happen? That was Ty-D-Bowl Man goaltending at it's finest.

Watch Barzal on the 3rd goal. He essentially drew 3 guys to him to leave Pulock wide open to fire a howitzer. Another example of why he is so great.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How is the PP not made to get Pulock the puck at the circles? His shot is deadly.

General problem is Barzal likes playing the left side circle and Pulock unload from the left side reline to circle. Don't even get me started how crodwed that area will be when Wahlstrom comes here. lol

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
How is the PP not made to get Pulock the puck at the circles? His shot is deadly.

Maybe it will be. The season hasn't begun yet and we have a new coaching staff.

Think they'll be trying to figure out if they want Barzal and Pulock - both righties who operate best from that left side - on the same PP or not.

Just 'cause we saw that play last night on Pulock's PP goal against Buffalo doesn't mean it's repeatable with reckless abandon, especially considering that was a 5-on-3, if I saw correctly. I believe that Pulock and Barzal were on different PP units in the game against the Rangers and Pulock scored twice.

One way or the other, a PP unit needs to be designed around setting up Pulock for one timers.

BTW, several of those goals against were anything but impressive. Judging solely by the preseason, if the opponents manage to create traffic in front of Lehner, a shot is practically as good as in.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Gibson may be our #1 goalie soon enough if Korn and co can't fix the netminders fast

It could very well be that our long term goalie is not currently on the roster or in the AHL.

Korn can't perform miracles overnight. He's here for the long game, working with our youngsters like Sorokin and Skarek or helping to lure a big fish UFA like Bobrovsky? In any case, Lehner and Greiss are not the future.

Reactions: dood

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
To be fair, Lehner has been honest with us in stating that he is not yet 100%, but he is close and he's working hard at being his best.

I think he will get better as the year goes along and will be our stop gap until someone else rises. He's got his chance and I think he will make the best of it.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Not good from Lehner. But I’ll give him a pass until November to get into a rhythm. If he doesn’t, nor Greiss, we have a similar situation in goal as last year, ugh.

Barzal looked good, Pulock as well.

Like Toews’ heady shot-pass to Beau on the first goal.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
To be fair, Lehner has been honest with us in stating that he is not yet 100%, but he is close and he's working hard at being his best.

I think he will get better as the year goes along and will be our stop gap until someone else rises. He's got his chance and I think he will make the best of it.

The problem with a slow start and time for Lehner or Greiss to regain their form, we bury ourselves into a hole that we don't have the talent to overcome. This team has to come out of the gate rolling or it's sell off time by Thanksgiving.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad