GDT: Pre-Season New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | Sept. 28 | 7:00PM | L 5-4

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I was holding out hope.
597.jpg

Sorry, I had to.... don't worry. We're all Isles fans here. We all played ourselves...

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We'll score some goals this season which means we won't be boring. As for the rest, I don't care what defensive system Trotz puts in place, our goalie tandem is horrible.

Last edited:

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
1st 2 lines were great
bottom 2 not so good.

PK meh
Neither goalie played well

Toews looked very good

Even with Casey out the team fought back

Hickey had a good game

Need one of these goalies to have a career year.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Losing Casey will be a huge blow. The bottom 6 is bad, and we need stability there. Hopefully it's minor, but we have a tough schedule to start the season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm just wondering where "Pulock is not a top four man" blitzkrieg is.
Do you mean the same knucklehead who said JF Berube was worth keeping because he was high ceiling, because he was a product of the LA Kings goalie factory?

I mean Jonathan Quick was elite once and Martin Jones is a nice goalie but jeez. Berube wins a Calder Cup and he’s also gonna be elite? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
We play 3 games in 5 days then we have like a week off with only 1 game. lol

I meant the first handful of games and who we play. After the Hurricanes, we play the Predators and Sharks at home. Then we go on a long road trip starting with the Predators again, and then doing the 3-team California visit. Coming out of that with a shit record to start make what will be a long season complete torture. Imagine coming out of that 1-6 or close?

His loss makes an awful bottom 6 even worse.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I read Buffalo's thread and most there said that the Isles were the better team but that Lehner and Greiss had bad games. I really hope they can get their stuff together because the goaltending will be our achilles heel this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad