GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs San Jose sharks @7:00pm 9/30/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
As soon as he scored i closed the tab... I dont know about u all, but that announcing team was grating
I thought they were wonderful. Followed the play, got the players' names right, had appropriate inflections and pace given the circumstances, even-keeled and honest.

Reactions: ZJames and Telos

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Honestly, a really solid three games by our prospect pool. Sure it's preseason, but they faced some tough opposition and a decent amount of adversity and came away with three wins. Pretty happy overall with what I saw from most of them. I am glad though that it will be the regular lineup dialing themselves in from here on out. Will be interesting to see who they keep and how they play with the veterans for the rest of the preseason though.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Obviously that was a killer powerplay and shift, but I really like Turcotte's work in front of the net and retrieving those pucks.
Turcs didn't get on the scoresheet but he had a strong game I thought. Played great defensively aside from getting caught out there on the tying goal.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
As soon as he scored i closed the tab... I dont know about u all, but that announcing team was grating
Maybe in a very small sample, but overall I thought they were awesome. They were extremely fair and honest and called it how it was at least. Overall, the Sharks have been pretty good for some time in the broadcast booth. Their broadcasts are typically more level than just about any other Pacific opponent.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Sometimes I wonder how further along players like Fagemo would be had he stayed in Sweden a couple more years...could he have been a Daniel Alfredsson? Maybe,maybe not

Daniel Alfredsson would have 10 goals in preseason with as many looks as Fagemo has had. It's not a development problem, it's a skill problem. He's a classic AHL/NHL tweener. He can probably carve out a career, but Alfredsson?

Maybe in a very small sample, but overall I thought they were awesome. They were extremely fair and honest and called it how it was at least. Overall, the Sharks have been pretty good for some time in the broadcast booth. Their broadcasts are typically more level than just about any other Pacific opponent.
I've always thought Drew Remenda is one of the best, unbiased color guys in the business.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Turcotte...what could have been...a top 5 pick should be at worst your 2nd line Centre...he should go play in Sweden or Russia for a couple years that way he won't have to worry about HeadHunting Morons like Ozzie WeisBlatt and Scott(Don't call me Gary)Sabourin

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Did Moverare secure the 3rd pairing LHD position tonight?

His stats look the best of the four.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Daniel Alfredsson would have 10 goals in preseason with as many looks as Fagemo has had. It's not a development problem, it's a skill problem. He's a classic AHL/NHL tweener. He can probably carve out a career, but Alfredsson?

I've always thought Drew Remenda is one of the best, unbiased color guys in the business.
Alfredsson came over at 23 years old and he was ready...Fagemo was not ready to play Pro in AHL/NHL at 20 or even 23

I hope Sammie Fagemo gets a shot somewhere and he succeeds

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Maybe im just grumpy tonite.. i think the shark jaws and the other crap they laid over the live feed got to me

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Tobi played fine tonight, and was excellent on the PK. Guys just couldn't get around him, all night he was just dispossessing them and moving it up the board. Moverare has been really solid all preseason as well. Clarke is more of an adventure on the D side.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Always interesting to see these graphs. Granted, analytics still need to improve as a whole, but this is a pretty good representation of how the team did in execution.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal

I wouldn't know. As soon as I started the stream I turned off my volume. I tried to listen to iheart but they were way too far behind just like the last game. I just enjoyed the game in silence.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad