GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs San Jose sharks @7:00pm 9/30/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Daniel Alfredsson would have 10 goals in preseason with as many looks as Fagemo has had. It's not a development problem, it's a skill problem. He's a classic AHL/NHL tweener. He can probably carve out a career, but Alfredsson?
One of the reason I'm not as high on Fagemo as others is because I don't see him as a sniper. I always describe him as a volume shooter. He scores goals, but not due to a superior shooting technique relative to his peers. He just shoots enough that they will eventually go in.

That alone doesn't knock him down for me. But that OT exemplified of the kind of player he is. Having a shot mentality and being a sniper are two very different qualities.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not ready to play Pro ?

What league do you think the SHL is and those 13 NHL games sure hampered his development too…

You are seeing things that are not there, here.
Just saying Fagemo would have been better served playing and developing in Sweden for 2 more seasons rather being a Waiver wire pick up cause the Kings have no room

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
That was a snooze fest.

Considering there were so many players looking to make an impression, there really weren’t many made, good or bad.

Looking forward to Reign camp kicking off and thinning the herd a little bit.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
That was a snooze fest.

Considering there were so many players looking to make an impression, there really weren’t many made, good or bad.

Looking forward to Reign camp kicking off and thinning the herd a little bit.
Do you get to watch? Wish I lived nearby Ontario,California

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
One of the reason I'm not as high on Fagemo as others is because I don't see him as a sniper. I always describe him as a volume shooter. He scores goals, but not due to a superior shooting technique relative to his peers. He just shoots enough that they will eventually go in.

That alone doesn't knock him down for me. But that OT exemplified of the kind of player he is. Having a shot mentality and being a sniper are two very different qualities.
My thing with Fagemo has been I wished he would have stayed in Sweden a couple more years developed his overall game more and then come over when he was ready for top 9 role! If he needed to come over at 24 so-be-it...I fault Blake and his stupidity with getting all his "Eggs" in one basket...the Prospects are competing with each other rather than getting 20-25 min per game wherever that could have been...Same with Kupari...Madden,Turcotte...Bjornfot hopefully makes the team outta camp otherwise another Blake F... up

I thought they were wonderful. Followed the play, got the players' names right, had appropriate inflections and pace given the circumstances, even-keeled and honest.
Didn't mind it other than them miss pronouncing Maltsev and Charles Hudon...the s in Silent in Quebecois and French...otherwise not too bad

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Just saying Fagemo would have been better served playing and developing in Sweden for 2 more seasons rather being a Waiver wire pick up cause the Kings have no room

I agree with you that he should have stayed in Europe another year, but Daniel Alfredsson just isn't in the cards for him. The similarities end at Swedish, right shot, forward.

But as someone who lived through the Colten Teubert/Scott Stevens comparisons, I have certainly heard worse ones.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I agree with you that he should have stayed in Europe another year, but Daniel Alfredsson just isn't in the cards for him. The similarities end at Swedish, right shot, forward.

But as someone who lived through the Colten Teubert/Scott Stevens comparisons, I have certainly heard worse ones.
What's wrong with the Teubert/Stevens comparisons? They are both men, both tall, and they wear the same size hockey pads.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad