GDT: pre-season LA kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Clague has been poor, but he's young and will get better. I'm pretty down on LaDue now. He hasn't been good at all this camp even though he's gotta know that it's the most important preseason of his career. Maybe what we see is all he's got. I keep waiting for the guy to step up and show the flashes of talent he showed during his first call-up, but it's not happening. Fantenberg hasn't been great this camp but he's been better than LaDue, and that doesn't bode well for his future.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You really think going back to Moose Jaw is going to make him better? This is part of the development process that Clague is going to have to learn the hard way. He's not going to get any better playing against his peers.
He's not making this roster so he might as well go down now.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
there's that darn slow ass macdermid catching up to a breaking kase...

dude can f***in move for his size

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You really think going back to Moose Jaw is going to make him better? This is part of the development process that Clague is going to have to learn the hard way. He's not going to get any better playing against his peers.

There's lots of competition on Ontario's blueline. I'd like to think he would earn a spot there, but I think with him being a former 2nd rounder, they'll let him sink or swim, which I don't have a problem with. I just have been waiting for a decent showing from him in low pressure situations like camp/preseason, and he's clearly not even ready for that.

Thus, I question how ready he is for even the AHL. He's still 20, so it might not do him much harm. And again, that's if he looks unfit to play in the minors. Judging from preseason action, I'm not sure he is. And there's nothing else to judge his performance off of.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Clague has been poor, but he's young and will get better. I'm pretty down on LaDue now. He hasn't been good at all this camp even though he's gotta know that it's the most important preseason of his career. Maybe what we see is all he's got. I keep waiting for the guy to step up and show the flashes of talent he showed during his first call-up, but it's not happening. Fantenberg hasn't been great this camp but he's been better than LaDue, and that doesn't bode well for his future.

I forgot LaDue is competing for a roster spot.

Brickley has far surpassed him, and if Forbort is fit to play and start the season, then LaDue is likely destined for waivers.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
There's lots of competition on Ontario's blueline. I'd like to think he would earn a spot there, but I think with him being a former 2nd rounder, they'll let him sink or swim, which I don't have a problem with. I just have been waiting for a decent showing from him in low pressure situations like camp/preseason, and he's clearly not even ready for that.

Thus, I question how ready he is for even the AHL. He's still 20, so it might not do him much harm. And again, that's if he looks unfit to play in the minors. Judging from preseason action, I'm not sure he is. And there's nothing else to judge his performance off of.

He really appears to need strength. He's getting knocked around and it's putting him a step or two behind, he can't absorb the contact and keep his balance. He will absolutely benefit from being around the Kings staff in that regard at least. That said, I certainly would rather see him in Juniors than not getting ice time in Ontario.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kinda disappointing that Kempe was invisible tonight
vets looked like they were just out there going through the motions honestly which i don't really fault them for

i'm liking JAD, good energy and he was willing to just skate the f***in puck up ice which it seems no one will at times

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Kinda disappointing that Kempe was invisible tonight
Kemp’s game is screen the goalie and look for tips. Hard to do if your team never has the puck.

Not even mad.
Bunch of no bodies vs the Ducks (almost) opening day roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad