Pre-Season Hockeys Future Team Rankings (Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 6, 2004
What's your rankings....

Latest HF Rankins....

1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Washington Capitals
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. Atlanta Thrashers
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
10. Ottawa Senators
11. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
12. Boston Bruins
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Nashville Predators
15. Detroit Red Wings
16. Dallas Stars
17. Chicago Blackhawks
18. Vancouver Canucks
19. Calgary Flames
20. Minnesota Wild
21. San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues
22. St. Louis Blues
23. Florida Panthers
24. Tampa Bay Lightning
25. New York Islanders
26. Toronto Maple Leafs
27. Philadelphia Flyers
28. Carolina Hurricanes
29. New York Rangers
30. Colorado Avalanche

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I know is that the Caps are #1.

Last edited:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Legionnaire said:
Why are the Oilers ranked so high? I just don't see them in the top five.

Why not? They were number 3 last time, haven't lost any prospects and have added some pretty good ones.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
the canucks are slowly, and i mean SLOWLY building up a good prospect base, after 20+ years of pisspoor drafting.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
s7ark said:
Why not? They were number 3 last time, haven't lost any prospects and have added some pretty good ones.

....And I didn't understand their ranking on this latest list. They went from around 14 to number three in one year.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Predators anyone? 14? At the very least 8-10.

Suter, Radulov, Upshall, Shishkanov, Weber, Klein, Lassila, Segal, Finley, Pivko , etc....

Chicago at 17? Pittsburgh 9? Montreal 1?

:shakehead

Sum1winachampionship

Mar 21, 2004
Its amazing how fast philly fell. I don't disagree (based on what I read) but the really emptied their prospect tank this season

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Legionnaire said:
....And I didn't understand their ranking on this latest list. They went from around 14 to number three in one year.

They do have some of the best depth in terms of prospects in the league. Anyone in their top 10 has a good shot at the NHL, and most in the top 20. And that isn't even including potential sleeper picks.

top 10

2 good goalies - JDD and DD
3 good D-men - Woywitka, Lynch, Greene
3 good Centers - Niinimaki, Pouliot, Schremp
2 - winger first round picks - Rita and Mihknov

Then there is Salmelainen, Brodziak, Tesliuk, Reddox, and Gilbert, all of who I personally really like.

True that apart from Schremp and Woywitka they don't have too much in the way of top line players or number 1/2 D-men, but the depth is excellent.

I quite like the Oilers prospect list, who don't you like that I have listed?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
spank303 said:
Predators anyone? 14? At the very least 8-10.

Suter, Radulov, Upshall, Shishkanov, Weber, Klein, Lassila, Segal, Finley, Pivko , etc....

Chicago at 17? Pittsburgh 9? Montreal 1?

Do you even know anything about the Habs prospects?

Cause if you did, you would know they rank in the top 5 easily...

Vic Rattlehead*

417 TO MTL said:

Their offensive prospects are really what make the habs prospects what they are. The defensive and goaltending prospect are very average.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Higgins their best Offensive Center...5'11" 188, Plekanec 5'10" 198, Chipchura, who'll be a 3rd line grinder is 6'2", Perezhogin 5'11" 185,

There skilled players are SMALL for the future.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Their offensive prospects are really what make the habs prospects what they are. The defensive and goaltending prospect are very average.

Agreed. But their offense is number two, after Washington. The defense and goaltending are just average but definitely not poor. They rank in the top 5 easily.

(Yahoo, 1000th post! :yo:)

guitaraholic*

s7ark said:
They do have some of the best depth in terms of prospects in the league. Anyone in their top 10 has a good shot at the NHL, and most in the top 20. And that isn't even including potential sleeper picks.

top 10

3 good Centers - Niinimaki, Pouliot, Schremp

Then there is Salmelainen, Brodziak, Tesliuk, Reddox, and Gilbert, all of who I personally really like.

True that apart from Schremp and Woywitka they don't have too much in the way of top line players or number 1/2 D-men, but the depth is excellent.

Okay.. based on that criteria, for the Blues:

2 good goalies - (how about at least 3 good goalie prospects?) Schwarz, Bacashua, Nissinen, Barulin...

3 good Centers - Soderberg, McClement, Zakharov (moved to wing?) Alex Bolduc, Johnny Pohl

3 good D-men - with Backman having made the leap last year he can no longer qualify. The Blues definately pull up short in prospects on defense as all they have are mid level guys like Zack Fitzgerald, Trevor Byrne, Robin Jonsson. None of them get any hype at all and perhaps deservedly so. I would fully expect one or two of them to end up complimenting Barret Jackman, Chris Pronger and Christian Backman for the next 5 years, however.

2 wingers - Alex Shkotov, Peter Sejna, David Backes, Victor Alexandrov.... at least 2 of these guys will pan out to be at least solid 2nd line players.

All in all I think once again the Blues will be vastly underrated by the posters and writers at hockeysfuture. I bet over the course of the next 5 years the Blues, with Jarmmo at the drafting helm, produce as many legitimate NHLers as any other team in the entire league. They're currently sport a vastly underrated group of kids.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
s7ark said:
3 good Centers - Niinimaki , Pouliot , Schremp

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Edmonton has average prospects In My Opinion.

There's no one that I see on the list that says "Wow Vancouver, Calgary, minnesota and Colorado are in trouble when that guy steps into the league"

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seven_Nation_Army said:
Higgins their best Offensive Center...5'11" 188, Plekanec 5'10" 198, Chipchura, who'll be a 3rd line grinder is 6'2", Perezhogin 5'11" 185,

There skilled players are SMALL for the future.

Higgins is a LW now, and he's closer to 200, he's bulked up a lot in the upper body since being drafted.

Kostitsyn our top prospect is 6'1 209, 19 years old, impressive offensive skills.

Perezhogin was one of the top rookies in the AHL, yet when he first started playing there he didn't speak a lick of English, but in the 2nd half went on a tear as he began to pick up the language/culture (since he never played outside the Russian system) 50 pts as a rookie 20 year old in the new country is damn good. He's playing in Omsk on a line with Ovechkin currently.

Plekanec was Hamilton's top scorer in his 2nd year in North America, put up over 100 pts since coming over from the Czech mens league. He's very strong on his skates, although he's short.

Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec are as impressive as any top 4 offensive prospect combo imo. Add Chipchura, Hossa, Urquhart, Locke, Lambert, Wyman, Milroy and you have a lot of offensive players. Everyone of the added players is over 6'2 with the exception of Locke and Milroy.

Goaltending isn't anywhere near as weak as some thing. Danis was the top goalie in the NCAA last year, we'll see what he does in the AHL now. Halak and Heino-Lindberg aren't well known names, but both will be at the wjc's this year and both have shown impressive skills. Neither are considered top notch talent though. Lacasse, Michaud, Puurula have decent skills as well.

Defensively they are lead by Hainsey, after that it's several unknowns. O'Byrne is still a few years away but could surprise a lot of people if he continues to progress. Korpikari, Archer, Korneev, Flood, Linhart are not going to get any hype but most have shown good improvement with the exception of Linhart and Archer (injury set him back this season)

I dont' think the Habs are #1, and didn't when the rankings first came out, but I do think they have one of the best groups of prospects in the NHL, and I wouldn't trade their prospects for any teams prospects. There's really no such thing as a #1, as your talking about potential, which is abstract, thus anyone can take it different ways.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
montreal said:
Higgins is a LW now, and he's closer to 200, he's bulked up a lot in the upper body since being drafted.

Kostitsyn our top prospect is 6'1 209, 19 years old, impressive offensive skills.

Perezhogin was one of the top rookies in the AHL, yet when he first started playing there he didn't speak a lick of English, but in the 2nd half went on a tear as he began to pick up the language/culture (since he never played outside the Russian system) 50 pts as a rookie 20 year old in the new country is damn good. He's playing in Omsk on a line with Ovechkin currently.

Plekanec was Hamilton's top scorer in his 2nd year in North America, put up over 100 pts since coming over from the Czech mens league. He's very strong on his skates, although he's short.

Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec are as impressive as any top 4 offensive prospect combo imo. Add Chipchura, Hossa, Urquhart, Locke, Lambert, Wyman, Milroy and you have a lot of offensive players. Everyone of the added players is over 6'2 with the exception of Locke and Milroy.

Goaltending isn't anywhere near as weak as some thing. Danis was the top goalie in the NCAA last year, we'll see what he does in the AHL now. Halak and Heino-Lindberg aren't well known names, but both will be at the wjc's this year and both have shown impressive skills. Neither are considered top notch talent though. Lacasse, Michaud, Puurula have decent skills as well.

Defensively they are lead by Hainsey, after that it's several unknowns. O'Byrne is still a few years away but could surprise a lot of people if he continues to progress. Korpikari, Archer, Korneev, Flood, Linhart are not going to get any hype but most have shown good improvement with the exception of Linhart and Archer (injury set him back this season)

I dont' think the Habs are #1, and didn't when the rankings first came out, but I do think they have one of the best groups of prospects in the NHL, and I wouldn't trade their prospects for any teams prospects. There's really no such thing as a #1, as your talking about potential, which is abstract, thus anyone can take it different ways.

maybe you should mention plekanec is 200pounds too despite is 5,10,, frame.

i dont know why people dont believe enough in the potential of plekanec, i bet you 50 bucks in 2 years he would be a second line player in a lot of teams, this guy is great adjusting, and its a factor lot of people seem to forget or ignore. you will be surprise by his abilities. a future rucinsky, but stronger and more consistent. imo

this message is not directed to you Dan, but too people who underate big time plekanec.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/redirect.cfm?sectionID=habsPlayer.cfm&playerID=29428

STATS
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=56385

Last edited:

leafaholix*

417 TO MTL said:

At the very best they're around 7 or 8.

hockeyfan33

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
why is LA being ranked so low?

Tukonen,
Pushkaryev,
Karlsson,
Kanko,
Grebeshkov,
Tambellini,