Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 8: Oilers 2 @ Canucks 3 - No witty pun until TPM shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Sutter
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Burrows - McCann - Hansen
Prust - Cracknell - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller

When Management learns they've done goofed it but don't want to look like a fool

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What was the point in acquiring Sutter if he is playing on the wing just put Vrbata with the Sedins already
and how do u not keep the kid line together ffs

Yep, our lynch pin, franchise, $4+ million centre is now playing wing. Good work, boys. Abbott (or maybe it was Tomlinson) was saying on the radio the other day that the organization really wants to make Horvat-Vrbata a thing. I'm not against it, but Vrbata is essentially gone (maybe as early as the trade deadline) so I dunno why we'd be so focused on Horvat building chemistry with him.

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
You forgot to mention Vey isn't responsible for Eve eating the forbidden fruit..
Looking forward to what should be the most entertaining preseason game, lots of big guns out tonight. Lets see what Virtanen can do on the 4th line.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The lines are odd to be sure but on the plus side it looks like they are trying guys in "real life" situations, namely McCann on the third line with Hansen and Burrows and Jake (sadly) on a kamikazee line. Bo with Vrbata makes sense too. The only head scratcher is Sutter on RW with the Sedins. That one is ... bizarre. I give it 2 shifts before they give up on that one.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Considering that line made Nikitkin get waived it won't be long till we see it again if Sutter can't play with the Sedins

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It took 5 preseason games for 'foundational piece' Sutter to end up on the 4th line and then the wing. :laugh:

Not entirely sure how you justify breaking up a line that had 10 points in their last game.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You forgot to mention Vey isn't responsible for Eve eating the forbidden fruit..
Looking forward to what should be the most entertaining preseason game, lots of big guns out tonight. Lets see what Virtanen can do on the 4th line.

When Virtanen struggles to generate much offensively because his linemates are ****ing Brandon Prust and Adam Cracknell are people going to ***** about his hockey IQ again? :help:

Can't believe that our coach is so ****ing stupid to break up a hot kid line that worked so well together the other night. I would be wanting to see if it was a one game thing or if there is actual chemistry there.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Are you ****ing god danm serious?

@HockeyAbbs: Desjardins says he'll remember Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen line "down the road" Do we read between the lines? #Canucks #TSN1040

**** off willie.. Like **** right the **** off

damack

Jan 3, 2014
It's pre-season still right? No sense getting all worked up. Getting the kids another look at center, getting Sutter some ice time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a random lineup so they can come here and watch the reaction.

Undrafted

Aug 2, 2005
BC

@HockeyAbbs: Desjardins says he'll remember Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen line "down the road" Do we read between the lines? #Canucks #TSN1040

Desjardins: "I want to see Horvat & Vrbata together, but I'll remember what the kids did together in Edmonton."

Sounds like he's just trying a different combo for tonight. I wouldn't read too much into it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm confused as to who will play with the Twins. Obviously not Sutter as I expect him to anchor the third line. I guess one of Hansen or Burrows makes the most sense if they're dead set on keeping Vrbata with Horvat and Baert. Essentially you have Sedins-Burrows/Hansen and Higgins with Sutter-Burrows/Hansen when he's healthy. Either way we should have a very good checking line this year. I think McCann is sent down after this game, and Vey might have lost his spot to Cracknell, of all people. Virtanen will stay up and slot in on one of the bottom six wing slots intermittently.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baert-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins/Virtanen-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett
Vey

I would like to take a look at Hutton-Corrado as a pair. McCann sent down and Virtanen gets his shot while Higgins is injured. Either he makes it and we deal with it when Higgins returns or Virt is sent down after a few games because he's not ready.

Last edited:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I remember when people where losing their minds at first when AV put third line scrub Burrows with the twins. I was one of them.

Not saying were likely to catch lightning in a bottle twice.... but if we did, man that would open up a world of options for us.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Hopefully they change to this in game after Sutter fails with the Twins.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Vrbata
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Burrows - McCann - Hansen
Prust - Sutter - Cracknell

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

You are reading way too much into this, might as well try a different line combo tonight

Preseason game and people already losing their minds

LOL yep it's hockey season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: