Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 8: Oilers 2 @ Canucks 3 - No witty pun until TPM shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

For pity's sake, everyone. THIS IS NOT A LINDEN VEY THREAD.

He's got his own thread, specially for you guys to espouse how he's responsible for the Bubonic Plague, the Great Chicago Fire, the Sinking of the Titanic, and Nathan Lafayette hitting the goal post.

This is the GDT. To discuss the game. Happening tonight. In which the aforementioned player is NOT EVEN PLAYING.

Stay on topic, or you'll be removed from the thread. All of you need to review the Board Specific Warning Posted here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1958627

Back on topic.

WHEN: Saturday, October 3rd
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet
RADIO: TSN1040

large.png
@
large.png

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Sutter
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Burrows - McCann - Hansen
Prust - Cracknell - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller

Edmonton Oilers' Starting Lineup:

Pouliot - Nugent-Hopkins - Purcell
Hall - McDavid - Slepyshev
Draisatl - Lander - Yakupov
Klinkhammer - Letestu - Korpikoski

Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba

Talbot or Scrivens

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I really hope the coaching staff isn't dumb enough to split up the Sven-Bo-Jake line.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I would say the real question is, what will Benning / Willie do if the kid line is silent tonight and doesnt score?

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
They couldn't possible split up bae ho virt right!?!?1? Right?!?!?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
That Bart--BoHo--Virtanen line has to be the 2nd line behind the Sedins when regular season hits.

No idea where the instinct to defend Vey is coming from. I have no idea what games people are watching if they'd give Vey a spot over McCann. Vey's just not good enough for the top 6 and just not strong enough for the bottom 6. He's the classic AHL star who can't crack the bigs.

And please wrap up the preseason by killing the Oilers again.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Their d is laughable

IKR, I know obviously they've gotten the big personnel changes, but I'm not taking the Oilers seriously until they get some legitimate defenders.

And wow, Sutter with the Sedins. I hope to god WD brings back Virtanen to that line during the game.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well, McCann's being given some quality line mates at least. Big game for him since I think he's on the cusp of being sent back to junior. Sutter with the Twins is indeed absolutely dumb ... just put Vrbata with them already and be done with it.

Virtanen's gonna have to learn to play bottom six because that's likely where he'll start if he sticks around.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Looks like Pizza Hut is a pairing again. Honestly if Sbisa can be as rowdy (can't think of a better word) as he was last game, I'll be happy. I think he slightly got under the skin of the Oilers last game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
For pity's sake, everyone. THIS IS NOT A LINDEN VEY THREAD.

He's got his own thread, specially for you guys to espouse how he's responsible for the Bubonic Plague, the Great Chicago Fire, the Sinking of the Titanic, and Nathan Lafayette hitting the goal post.

This is the GDT. To discuss the game. Happening tonight. In which the aforementioned player is NOT EVEN PLAYING.

Stay on topic, or you'll be removed from the thread. All of you need to review the Board Specific Warning Posted here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1958627

Back on topic.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I don't like splitting up the kid line already, or playing Sutter with the twins... but that 3rd line is intriguing. and the fact that Vey isn't in the lineup... is it possible they're actually thinking about dumping Vey in favour of McCann?

edit: I didin't see the post above me before posting this. don't kill me :help:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
What was the point in acquiring Sutter if he is playing on the wing just put Vrbata with the Sedins already
and how do u not keep the kid line together ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille