Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 6: Sharks def. Canucks 2-1 (McCann)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I'd say pretty dumb coaching if Miller isn't sick or hurt. Your #1 goaltender clearly isn't ready for the season to begin and playing a guy on back to back nights is pretty silly in the pre-season. I'd argue that Miller needs this game far more than Markstrom does. Far more.

Miller needs nothing

Markstrom is our future

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Cautiously optimistic. I'm going to say a 3-1 win.

Bartkowski, Vey and Prust with the goals for the Triple Trololol Special! :sarcasm:

How is that optimistic? If anything, that would put us back to where we started and all the progress WD has shown as a coach will be lost.

"Vey is our future! Prust scores with leadership!" :sarcasm:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Gaunce-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-McCann-Hansen
Kenins-Vey-Grenier
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Biega
Hutton-Tanev
Bartkowski-Corrado

Miller

I hope this is the lineup.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
How is that optimistic? If anything, that would put us back to where we started and all the progress WD has shown as a coach will be lost.

"Vey is our future! Prust scores with leadership!" :sarcasm:

I'm being optimistic about the score. I thought I was pretty clear about the sarcasm of who's getting the goals!

In all honesty; I think Markstrom has looked good. Most of our good looking prospects who have been making a push will be playing, too. And heck, even guys like Vey have had shots fired across their bow that their jobs may be in jeporady. I expect this lineup to play hard tonight.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Gaunce-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-McCann-Hansen
Kenins-Vey-Grenier
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Biega
Hutton-Tanev
Bartkowski-Corrado

Miller

I hope this is the lineup.

That would be a fun lineup to watch.

I'm being optimistic about the score. I thought I was pretty clear about the sarcasm of who's getting the goals!

In all honesty; I think Markstrom has looked good. Most of our good looking prospects who have been making a push will be playing, too. And heck, even guys like Vey have had shots fired across their bow that their jobs may be in jeporady. I expect this lineup to play hard tonight.

I know, I know. Just pulling at strings... Agreed, I hope to see an entertaining one tonight.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If it's not a blowout (IMO a blowout is a 5 goal or higher difference) then I'll be pleasantly surprised. Not expecting a win, just expecting to see effort from the boys. Go Canucks Go!

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Is Markstrom really starting tonight?

Last night was Markstrom's first full game of the new season. Watch him get hurt.

They are just protecting Miller so he doesn't allow 6 goals tonight.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I'd say pretty dumb coaching if Miller isn't sick or hurt. Your #1 goaltender clearly isn't ready for the season to begin and playing a guy on back to back nights is pretty silly in the pre-season. I'd argue that Miller needs this game far more than Markstrom does. Far more.

Ya Miller seems like he is very rusty.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It says at the top of that sheet "rosters only" I don't think we can assume that Miller isn't getting the start.

SaltySnipes*

Markstrom with that beautiful .982 save percentage. And let's hope McCann and Hutton further make it that much tougher on Willie and get Vey and Sbisa's jobs in jeopardy

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.

Miller needs the work.

If they really go with Markstrom here, I have to assume Miller is hurt already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia