GDT: Pre-Season Games 1&2 - Split Squad vs LA Kings - 7 PM - Forget the Debate Edition

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The times I've seen Bunting he's played a good all around game with more goal scoring instinct than you'd expect. Not necessarily the skill to use it to great effect though.

Sounds a bit like Fiddler. If that is what he tops out at, I would be happy...

Those are the type of players that I wouldn't mind giving a game or two before sending to Tucson as a way to reward for showing something through rookie and pro camp. The numbers may squeeze him out if Rieder does get into camp...

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
5th powerplay for the Kings for the away game. This is the crap that got us in trouble last year. We need to cut it out.

Chychrun has 2; one for highsticking and one for tripping.
Dauphin has 2; one for tripping and one for hooking.
McGinn has 1 for tripping.

Chychrun has played well when he is out of the box but I think he'll be dropped sooner rather than later if he continues to take these stick infraction penalties.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
At the Glendale game, Richardson, imo was the best player by far. He was flying out there. He played well on the PK with White, fed a nice pass to him as well for his goal. Bunting also stood out great. Would like to see him get more chances before he finds his way back to the AHL. But he played a solid game. I liked Ryan White too.

Luke Schenn made a few bone headed Yandle esque passes right to the other team at the blue line. My brother who watches a lot of East coast games says this is normal and we should get used to it. Schenn did score but it was a low slapper that kind of snuck through.

Garland is quickly turning into one of my favorites. He was hounding the puck when I went to the Red vs White scrimmage and was all over the place again last night. Aside from getting in deep on the cycle and passing it to no one a few times, he really stood out to me. The guys has a ton of speed, energy, and some bite to him. Definitely label him as a project, but I am keeping an eye out on him in the AHL. He could become something special. I like him, just not expecting him to make a huge impact at the next level. Very hopeful though.

Dvorak played a quiet game. Didn't stand out negatively or positively. However I think this is the type of player he's going to be for us. He's going to be good. He won't stand out, but he'll show up on the score board.

Perlini was useless. Give him the game against the ducks and off to the AHL he goes. He's not ready to play in the NHL yet.

Goalies played decently, that first goal by the Kings there was nothing Smith could have done. The goal that got past Domingue also kinda fluttered up in the air and bounced behind him. Goalies were decent, but the defense in front of them wasn't very good.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
My thoughts from the game.

I'd say Richardson and Bunting were the two best players. Bunting always seemed to be into something, whether a play or just pissing off the other team. I've loved his game for awhile now and still do.

Domi line was decent. Thought Dvorak looked ok, but it was clear he and Domi don't really click yet.

I have doubts Perlini will ever sniff the NHL, he just never seems to do anything productive. He's been outplayed at pretty much every point by Macinnis who continues to impress. The strides he's made in the last two years is immense.

Schenn skates better than expected, though the decision making is questionable. The other D were pretty brutal, though I thought Mermis was alright.

Garland plays with some jam to his game. His problem is that the other team can pretty much one hand shove him off the puck. Still, I think he was better than he has been so hopefully he can put things together.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Talked to someone who attended the game in LA who shared these brief opinions:

-Murphy/Chychrun played well together
-Deangelo/Wood wilted under LA physical pressure.
-Strome made a few "pick pockets" defensively.
-Coyote speed was evident, especially in the 3rd period.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Thought Dvorak looked ok, but it was clear he and Domi don't really click yet.

What? Thought we would trade for Marner and get the band back together.

467157088-london-knights-trio-of-100-point-men-gettyimages.jpg

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
At the Glendale game, Richardson, imo was the best player by far. He was flying out there. He played well on the PK with White, fed a nice pass to him as well for his goal. Bunting also stood out great. Would like to see him get more chances before he finds his way back to the AHL. But he played a solid game. I liked Ryan White too.

Luke Schenn made a few bone headed Yandle esque passes right to the other team at the blue line. My brother who watches a lot of East coast games says this is normal and we should get used to it. Schenn did score but it was a low slapper that kind of snuck through.

Garland is quickly turning into one of my favorites. He was hounding the puck when I went to the Red vs White scrimmage and was all over the place again last night. Aside from getting in deep on the cycle and passing it to no one a few times, he really stood out to me. The guys has a ton of speed, energy, and some bite to him. Definitely label him as a project, but I am keeping an eye out on him in the AHL. He could become something special. I like him, just not expecting him to make a huge impact at the next level. Very hopeful though.

Dvorak played a quiet game. Didn't stand out negatively or positively. However I think this is the type of player he's going to be for us. He's going to be good. He won't stand out, but he'll show up on the score board.

Perlini was useless. Give him the game against the ducks and off to the AHL he goes. He's not ready to play in the NHL yet.

Goalies played decently, that first goal by the Kings there was nothing Smith could have done. The goal that got past Domingue also kinda fluttered up in the air and bounced behind him. Goalies were decent, but the defense in front of them wasn't very good.

This is a really good analysis. What I liked a lot about Dvorak is that while he did play a quiet game, he always seemed to be in the right place at both ends of the ice. He didn't always execute, but he was where he needed to be. Very good hockey sense. I was very pleased with that.
Perlini was absolutely useless. Even my wife, who is rarely overly critical of any player, jabbed him. In the third period, she said, "Oh, look, Perlini is on the ice. I figured he was in LA tonight."

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like Perlini needs some time in the AHL. I like him with MacInnis. Not sure on the RW though. Garland on that line doesn't really do it for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad