GDT: Pre-Season Games 1&2 - Split Squad vs LA Kings - 7 PM - Forget the Debate Edition

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
CtPTLIjVMAEg-dY.jpg

Radio Coverage:
ArizonaSports_lg_300.png

Louis Domingue's Mask:
CtQQFZXUkAASL9M.jpg

Notes
Dave Tippett and the NHL staff will coach in Glendale.
Smith and Domingue are both expected to see action in Glendale.
Mark Lamb and the AHL staff will coach in LA.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Didn't the Kings stream the game in L.A last pre-season? Hopefully they do it again.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
A better question would be why Burke is on there at all. Definitely a "one of these things is not like the other" moment. 3 MVP candidates/household names in Phoenix sports, and a pretty good goaltender.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
A better question would be why Burke is on there at all. Definitely a "one of these things is not like the other" moment. 3 MVP candidates/household names in Phoenix sports, and a pretty good goaltender.

I imagine that being a goalie he wanted to pay tribute to another goalie who stood out for the Coyotes. I don't think Bryzgalov would have been a good candidate for that, so his other option would have been Khabibulin. It's Domingue though, maybe he's too young to remember him :laugh:

As for Fitzgerald, the other three are retired now. Maybe he wanted to pick a retired Cardinals legend, but before the Fitzgerald era, the Cardinals were pretty... pathetic. Who else could he have chosen? Kurt Warner?

... Scott Player? :sarcasm:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

I think the idea was he was part of Domingue's development and it's not like you can have active player Doan on the mask :laugh:. And for my money Sean Burke has a strong case he should have won the Vezina in 00-01. The big names better team stats beat him out. It was a close year though.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I imagine that being a goalie he wanted to pay tribute to another goalie who stood out for the Coyotes. I don't think Bryzgalov would have been a good candidate for that, so his other option would have been Khabibulin.

...or the guy whose job he's trying to take :)

... and it's not like you can have active player Doan on the mask :laugh:.

...that also occurred to me as what would have otherwise been the obvious choice, and would be only slightly less silly than having Smitty on there :laugh: ... maybe with a conductor's baton?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad