GDT: Pre Season Game 8: Red Wings at leafs 10/8/22 7:00 pm et

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
I had hopes he could be a 4th line tough guy but even guys like Deslauriers and Reaves can skate better than Smith. Package him with Oesterle for whatever we can get.

Also lol@Zadina. The tales of his improvements have been exaggerated.
What happened? I read a week ago he was the best player in the camp and pre-season?

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I had hopes he could be a 4th line tough guy but even guys like Deslauriers and Reaves can skate better than Smith. Package him with Oesterle for whatever we can get.

Also lol@Zadina. The tales of his improvements have been exaggerated.
pretty sure Smith + Oesterle has a negative value. We'd have to add a 3rd rounder to get a team to take them.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
My theory with Zadina has always been that his mind does not process the game fast enough for him to succeed as an offensive threat at the NHL level. I've always hoped I'm wrong, because if I'm right, there's no real room for improvement and he is who he is.

...my hope of being wrong has been further diminished.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
lol

Newpower getting turned inside out and Oesterle in position to help but instead just watching.

lawd
I don’t get the entire Oesterle thing. He’s the same player he’s always been. Nothings ever structured. Just beats to his own drum out there. Yes, Newpower got turned inside out but Oesterle didn’t support him at all.

Speaking of, on Nylander’s 2nd PP goal, Lindstrom reverted back to what he did a lot last year. Starts chasing the puck and ends up out of position. He’s played pretty well this preseason but you don’t like seeing anyone chasing the puck in the NHL.

Reactions: Henkka and jaster

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
What happened? I read a week ago he was the best player in the camp and pre-season?
he's just a tease. That's all he'll ever be. He'll show you just enough to think "wow just one more step and he would have been in on the goalie" but actually, if had had one more step, the other d-man would have gotten within 12 feet of him when he was still 30 feet from the goal and he would have snapped a feeble wrister that the goalie would have easily gloved and then Zadina would return to the bench and slam his stick and look skyward.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
he's just a tease. That's all he'll ever be. He'll show you just enough to think "wow just one more step and he would have been in on the goalie" but actually, if had had one more step, the other d-man would have gotten within 12 feet of him when he was still 30 feet from the goal and he would have snapped a feeble wrister that the goalie would have easily gloved and then Zadina would return to the bench and slam his stick and look skyward.
That's unfortunate, I hate wasted top 10 picks.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Zadina had 3 Excellent games.
1 Average
1 Bad

and this game he probably still is the best wing on the ice

Whether he’s scoring or not

Reactions: Ulysses31

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
My theory with Zadina has always been that his mind does not process the game fast enough for him to succeed as an offensive threat at the NHL level. I've always hoped I'm wrong, because if I'm right, there's no real room for improvement and he is who he is.

...my hope of being wrong has been further diminished.
I think the processing speed is a function of over-thinking things. He needs a sports psychologist to work on that self doubt. It's self-fulfilling. Just simplify everything. Doubt can be debilitating.

It's almost nervous energy. Right before that miss when they were moving it around I was thinking that he's stick-handling almost twice as fast as Vrana. You could hear who had the puck without seeing it almost.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
I know it's off-topic, but I think it's funny that Kenny is going into the season with $156 in "cap space" and will probably be forced to operate with the 21 men roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad