GDT: Pre Season Game 8: Red Wings at leafs 10/8/22 7:00 pm et

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (8).png

FejFPRZWYAISh7b

Last one before they start counting. streamed on Official Detroit Red Wings Website and available on espn+

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Likely

Zadina - Suter - Vrana
Berggren - Veleno - Erne
Hanas - Shine - Hirose
Andreasson - Criscuolo - Smith

Oesterle - Lindstrom
Johansson - Newpower
Sebrango - Viro
McIsaac

Bratt
Olki

Until a writer posts what they skated with this morning

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Zadinas 6th Preseason game? Lalonde really taking a good look
I mean, there is a vet minimum we have to hit. He's got younger fresher legs of the guys that would qualify.

The qualifying vets are Zadina, Suter, Vrana, Veleno, Erne, Smith, Oesterle, and Lindstrom for the 8 vets we have to dress.

To qualify you need 8 of the below.
30 NHL games last season
100 total NHL games (50 dressed or 30 played for a goalie)
1st round pick from most recent draft (sort of a loophole)

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Likely

Zadina - Suter - Vrana
Berggren - Veleno - Erne
Hanas - Shine - Hirose
Andreasson - Criscuolo - Smith

Oesterle - Lindstrom
Johansson - Newpower
Sebrango - Viro
McIsaac

Bratt
Olki

Until a writer posts what they skated with this morning
Minus first line and we have AHL team

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Zadinas 6th Preseason game? Lalonde really taking a good look
Obviously who plays and when in pre-season is not just the Lalonde's decision.

Lalonde is certainly "getting" a good look.

Zadina not starting Opening Night would certainly be an interesting decision.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Obviously who plays and when in pre-season is not just the Lalonde's decision.

Lalonde is certainly "getting" a good look.

Zadina not starting Opening Night would certainly be an interesting decision.

I’m fairly certain that his job is not remotely in question if you followed training camp and preseason and listened to the things people are saying and include the context of him getting a new contract.

Lalonde is giving him every chance to show his game with different linemates. Build chemistry, build comfort with different roles.

He may be a 4th liner on opening night, but I don’t see a way he doesn’t make the starting lineup. I don’t envision Berggren and Soderblom making the roster to be 4th liners given their waiver exempt status. Could be wrong and there’s a major philosophical change this year, but I doubt it.

Reactions: haulinbass

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I’m fairly certain that his job is not remotely in question if you followed training camp and preseason and listened to the things people are saying and include the context of him getting a new contract.

Lalonde is giving him every chance to show his game with different linemates. Build chemistry, build comfort with different roles.

He may be a 4th liner on opening night, but I don’t see a way he doesn’t make the starting lineup. I don’t envision Berggren and Soderblom making the roster to be 4th liners given their waiver exempt status. Could be wrong and there’s a major philosophical change this year, but I doubt it.
Wasn't advocating Zadina sitting ... not at all. Based on pre-season, he deserves to play.

You're so easily triggered. Don't ever change.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I'd be happy if Vrana works hard enough that he actually has to shower after the game.

No more chippy nonsense either, if at all possible.

(this is not an indictment of Vrana's talent ... that should be unquestioned)

Last edited:

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Can we fast forward to the season start already? This game is worthless other than some money for the Leafs

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Wasn't advocating Zadina sitting ... not at all. Based on pre-season, he deserves to play.

Its hard being one of the few people that actually know anything. You should just be thankful he still posts here

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Do we have anyone in the line up dirty enough to slew-foot and body-slam Muzzin's shoulder and head into the ice, the way he did to Mantha?

(Scans lineup) nope, guess not. Wrong sort of organization to find that sort of dirty piece of crap, I guess. Maybe Smith can punch him in his ugly face, at least.

Reactions: jaster

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

There wasn’t an ounce of flustered reaction in that response. It was purely my thought process of why you see so much Zadina during the preseason. The same can be applied to Rasmussen.

Between the new coach getting his bearings set and Yzerman trying to figure out on his own what the hell he has, I think the preseason has made a lot of sense.

I am very much intrigued by how things will play out over the season. If I had it my way, we would have 4 lines that bring an element of skill. Kind of building the Yzerman version of Tampa, and then let some contracts expire and sign/acquire the muscle and role players to replace them like BriseBois did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad