GDT: Pre-Season Game 7-Devils v.s. Flyers

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
You guys act like telling a kid to watch a game means he doesn't learn anything.

It's not necessarily, "Hey, we like twenty other guys more than you." It might be, "After seeing some action, how about taking a step back and seeing what's going on based on what we've been talking about in practice?"

Now if he starts the season in the press box for fifteen games, I'm with you.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't think Zacha is going to start the season here, to be honest. Hynes seems to feel that he doesn't want to give Zacha games unless he can make the NHL long-term. He didn't seem to want Zacha just getting a couple games of NHL experience.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think Zacha should be here this season, so I'm not exactly upset that sending him back to juniors seems to be the way things are headed.

Blandisi on the other hand should be on this team, but time in the AHL can only be good for him.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm not upset about Zacha going back to juniors. I think that's where he belongs this year. I would've preferred him to play tonight instead of Gionta, though. This would've been a good opportunity for him to play, in my opinion.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not upset about Zacha going back to juniors. I think that's where he belongs this year. I would've preferred him to play tonight instead of Gionta, though. This would've been a good opportunity for him to play, in my opinion.

I prefer almost anyone play any night instead of Gionta. :laugh:

Deleted member 28548

I don't think Zacha should be here this season, so I'm not exactly upset that sending him back to juniors seems to be the way things are headed.

Blandisi on the other hand should be on this team, but time in the AHL can only be good for him.
Excited to see Blandisi back with the Devils when he gets his first call up and John Quenneville getting some time perhaps next season. Weren't people saying at the time of the draft that Zacha was the closest player to being "NHL ready" of all the players outside of McDavid and Eichel?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Blandisi could use some time in the AHL. We're not winning anything this season, so let him get some pro experience there, maybe some playoff action.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Excited to see Blandisi back with the Devils when he gets his first call up and John Quenneville getting some time perhaps next season. Weren't people saying at the time of the draft that Zacha was the closest player to being "NHL ready" of all the players outside of McDavid and Eichel?

Yea there was a lot of talk about him being physically NHL ready, and I think he is physically ready. I think going back and playing a full season in junior, getting some confidence and hopefully scoring a lot could be great for him though. I just don't see a point in keeping him as a bottom 6 forward, even though he can probably play that role.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

Physically ready

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Philly Play-by-play just said Marty, to him, will go down as the best goaltender to play the game...wow

And then goes on to rave about Cory!

Deleted member 28548

Philly Play-by-play just said Marty, to him, will go down as the best goaltender to play the game...wow

And then goes on to rave about Cory!
Its night and day different compared to their TV crew last game in terms of giving proper credit to the Devils. Still trying to figure out Hynes' decision to put Ruutu on a line with Josefson and Henrique.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
not going to lie, watching this live is really showing me how mediocre both teams are. Very little hitting, nothing special chancea wise, and the crowd feels it because the rock is dead silent all game.

Deleted member 28548

Pretty significant delay in the radio broadcast lol.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Are the final round of cuts after the game tonight, tomorrow, or later on?

Deadline for opening night rosters is Tuesday, but I imagine some teams will announce moves beforehand. Other clubs might make some last minute deals. Sounds like Montreal and Dallas are in a bind with Jarred Tinordi and Jamie Oleksiak. They might carry 8 D, or they might deal one of them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The PBP guy is not bad, he describes where the puck is unlike Matt Laughlin who is seconds behind the play in his calls.

But, he has a whisky voice

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
not going to lie, watching this live is really showing me how mediocre both teams are. Very little hitting, nothing special chancea wise, and the crowd feels it because the rock is dead silent all game.

Sounds like the typical preseason game.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The PBP guy is not bad, he describes where the puck unlike Matt Laughlin who is seconds behind the play in his calls.

This is my first time listening to them, but I don't mind their broadcasters. I know what is happening (even if there is a delay), and I don't feel like they are significantly biased even if they have a Flyers focus.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This is my first time listening to them, but I don't mind their broadcasters. I know what is happening (even if there is a delay), and I don't feel like they are significantly biased even if they have a Flyers focus.

This is also my first time listening to them and probably the last, but yeah they are not a bad listen.

Matty Laughlin is a great guy and a smart Devils media source but he's not a good radio PBP announcer.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I see the team still can't score for Cory.:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad