Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #7 Buffalo @ Ottawa, Friday 7:30pm

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yo... anyone check out the post-game comments? Is it just me or does Stone look like he just got punched in the head and is trying to recover while delivering an interview. That did not look normal.

Btw, the boys clearly said they used this game to test out certain things. I doubt they played to win. That makes me happier with the result, lol. Seems like there will be some growing pains, which is expected, I'll give this team 15 games before I get a solid read.

Other then being a homer,why hate the dean lol

His voice is brutally irritable, especially how he calls the game, and the smart-mouthed, witty remarks he thinks are cool to repeat 30 times a game are incredibly agonizing.

He's an arrogant *****, and he and Gord get off topic thinking they're hilarious making horrible jokes while people listening count on them to tell them whats happening in a game.

He's just all around bad.

I miss Schreibs.

And this. Schreibs is amazing. I absolutely loved him. Made the game feel alive on the radio.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Was at the game and not impressed at all. Brassard and Turris were the only noticeable players in a good way while Karlsson and Phaneuf were straight trash. Tom Pyatt still sucks, still don't know why he is on the team.

Also kinda sad how the arena was barely even half full, you could see entire sections of unoccupied seats.

The weather was absolutely fantastic, and the redblacks and jays played today. This town isn't big enough to overcome that for a preseason game. I think that would change with an arena downtown.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yo... anyone check out the post-game comments? Is it just me or does Stone look like he just got punched in the head and is trying to recover while delivering an interview. That did not look normal.

Btw, the boys clearly said they used this game to test out certain things. I doubt they played to win. That makes me happier with the result, lol. Seems like there will be some growing pains, which is expected, I'll give this team 15 games before I get a solid read.

His voice is brutally irritable, especially how he calls the game, and the smart-mouthed, witty remarks he thinks are cool to repeat 30 times a game are incredibly agonizing.

And this. Schreibs is amazing. I absolutely loved him. Made the game feel alive on the radio.

I don't mind Dean but he only has 2 jokes, he tells them like a 3 year old, but the worst part if when he makes Gord laugh at them and you can hear Gord chringing and fake laughing, I feel bad for Brown, it's kinda pathetic.
I do wish we had a play by play guy who was more about the game and less class clown. The game does become an after thought for him, every game he take 5 minutes of game play to put on his amazingly lame Dean Brown joke sequence, sucks every time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah there could something there with stone. He's usually a bit different in interviews but that could show something abnormal.
Hope he's 100% I can't say I trust any doctor including those in the senators organization.
League still has a ways to go with handling concussions that's for sure. Not related to stone in particular.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Impressed with Guy Boucher, he's a good leader and I like his style.

As a fan I was hoping they'd be further along then what they did yesterday. I was expecting a win, and the group showing they wanted to play to win, I know Guy spoke about the 25 shot victory, and that's great, but he's looking for a silver lining and being positive, he has to be concerned about how lackadaisical the team was yesterday, I'm sure he was hoping for hunger, he got a team that looked like they just finished Thanksginv g dinner,

I don't think this team has 20 games to sort out their system and chemistry. They have to be in the 12-8 range 11-7 if they want to be in the playoffs. They can't afford to start slow, we are healthy and have a lot to prove, they have to start out winning, they won't have time to grow into it.

We have veterans in all our main spots and there is no excuse for a slow start. If we start slow it's not because of the system, it's because of the players.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Yeah there could something there with stone. He's usually a bit different in interviews but that could show something abnormal.
Hope he's 100% I can't say I trust any doctor including those in the senators organization.
League still has a ways to go with handling concussions that's for sure. Not related to stone in particular.

Yeah somethings definitely off with Stone. Looked like the concussion consequences are still very much present. He kept on blinking abnormally. It was really weird. Would hope they haven't rushed him ... don't want him back to quickly if still feeling like that ... not good for long term if hes back too early.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah somethings definitely off with Stone. Looked like the concussion consequences are still very much present. He kept on blinking abnormally. It was really weird. Would hope they haven't rushed him ... don't want him back to quickly if still feeling like that ... not good for long term if hes back too early.
It looks more like a twitch,not so uncommon .That and he was probably dripping sweat .We would,nt put him on the ice without clearance ,it just wouldnt happen

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It felt like a crappy game just from listening as well. Sad that we can't fill the arena but with the effort they put forth, maybe it was a good thing.

As for Phaneuf, I am a little worried about his performance this season. I know preseason doesn't mean much for vets, but he's looked pretty bad. EK is EK. He'll be fine, and as I said before, it seems like Pyatt is being given a free spot just because Boucher likes him and he'll be the Boro of forwards.

Hopefully they show up next wednesday against Toronto with a much better effort.

Why do we care about attendance for a pre-season game? Am I taking crazy pills I feel like this is insanity!

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I guess Anderson wasn't so great yesterday?

I'd honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of Hammond with Boucher's system.

littleD

It was a game that nobody needed to see, that's why it wasn't on TV lol.

First preseason game I saw this year for more than a few minutes thanks to a free ticket. Place was jumping, such energy in the building! Amazed I lasted two periods of play.

I know preseason attendance isn't important, but does it make sense to price 100s in the $190-$220 range for these games?

They were giving people free seating in the new Molson fan deck, or so I heard. I passed by twice and was never asked. Looks like a nice place.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Other then being a homer,why hate the dean lol

Listen to him on the radio. You will understand where some of the hate stems from.

Also listening to him on the pregrame show or anytime he is a guest on the Team1200 he comes off as really arrogant and kind of a 'know it all'. Could possibly brush some people off.

Away from Gord Wilson and he is a slither more tolerable. Them together is insufferable due to reasons already mentioned in this thread

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Impressed with Guy Boucher, he's a good leader and I like his style.

As a fan I was hoping they'd be further along then what they did yesterday. I was expecting a win, and the group showing they wanted to play to win, I know Guy spoke about the 25 shot victory, and that's great, but he's looking for a silver lining and being positive, he has to be concerned about how lackadaisical the team was yesterday, I'm sure he was hoping for hunger, he got a team that looked like they just finished Thanksginv g dinner,

I don't think this team has 20 games to sort out their system and chemistry. They have to be in the 12-8 range 11-7 if they want to be in the playoffs. They can't afford to start slow, we are healthy and have a lot to prove, they have to start out winning, they won't have time to grow into it.

We have veterans in all our main spots and there is no excuse for a slow start. If we start slow it's not because of the system, it's because of the players.

YES "We have veterans in all our main spots and there is no excuse for a slow start. If we start slow it's not because of the system, it's because of the players." Totally agree. This team has proven that it is a playoff bubble team based on past performance. The coaches can change the "system" and focus on playing without the puck to cut down on shots and goals against but it will have a negative impact on shots and goals for. The players must play better than they have in the past. If they come out slow that could mean the difference between being in or out of the playoffs.

Last year the previous GM said this was a playoff team. He was wrong! Many thought he was wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad