Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #7 Buffalo @ Ottawa, Friday 7:30pm

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last pre-season game....:popcorn:

Mod edit - And now a word from our Bonktastic:

Obligatory Pre-Season Game Reminder:

1) if we win by 3 goals, it's just one pre-season game, and doesn't really matter. Calm down, it's not going to be that easy in the regular season.
2) If we lose by 3 goals, it's just one pre-season game, and doesn't really matter. Chill out, it's not going to be that bad during the regular season.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

1) if we win by 3 goals, it's just one pre-season game, and doesn't really matter. Calm down, it's not going to be that easy in the regular season.
2) If we lose by 3 goals, it's just one pre-season game, and doesn't really matter. Chill out, it's not going to be that bad during the regular season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
^and if Karl gets injured, **** the mother ****ing preseason, we're screwed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
obligatory pre-season game reminder:

2) if we lose by 3 goals, it's just one pre-season game, and doesn't really matter. Chill out, it's not going to be that bad during the regular season.

Thank you.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

I'm confused, based on what I've been reading, if we lose, shouldn't we lose interest in this season..?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I dunno, I want to see our team execute on the coach's promise. And I'll clutch my pearls if I don't see it.

Pace-Products.bmp

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fun fact - the Edmonton Oilers were 6-1-1 in the pre-season last year. ;-)

Actually, my favourite pre-season stat of all time comes from the Detroit Lions of the NFL. In 2008 when they went 0-16, they had gone 4-0 in the pre-season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

embedded Tweets aren't loading for me...

Are these lineups? if not, here's what we had at practice:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Puempel/Varone-Kelly-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman
Borowiecki-Chabot

PP1
Stone-Brassard-Ryan,
Hoffman-Karlsson

PP2
Smith-Turris-Dzingel/Varone
Phaneuf-Ceci/Wideman

Also, Stone might be cleared (still waiting to hear), Lazar won't be. Smith has been

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman
Borowiecki-Chabot

PP1
Stone-Brassard-Ryan,
Hoffman-Karlsson

PP2
Phaneuf-Ceci/Wideman

Also, Stone might be cleared (still waiting to hear), Lazar won't be. Smith has been

Yeah, pretty much all this. I didn't have the defensive side of it though, so yours was better. ;)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Fun fact - the Edmonton Oilers were 6-1-1 in the pre-season last year. ;-)

Actually, my favourite pre-season stat of all time comes from the Detroit Lions of the NFL. In 2008 when they went 0-16, they had gone 4-0 in the pre-season.

People actually bought and wore Lions Preseason champion shirts around here that season as a joke.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Dzingel over Smith? that first PP unit? Claesson over Borowiecki? What is this? Did our coaches apply logic to line up decisions? I can't even...

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Dzingel over Smith? that first PP unit? Claesson over Borowiecki? What is this? Did our coaches apply logic to line up decisions? I can't even...

Just Cameron things....

Seriously though, recognizing speed is important over veteran status, absolutely loading our first PP unit and benching Boro already makes Boucher my favorite coach.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Except for Pyatt.

Imo Pyatt is slotted into a proper role there in a checking role. He'll be responsible playing with Smith and Pageau giving them a bit more speed. Should be able to throw them out against some good competition in the D zone. Lazar will eventually take thag spot.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman
Borowiecki-Chabot

PP1
Stone-Brassard-Ryan,
Hoffman-Karlsson

PP2
Phaneuf-Ceci/Wideman

Someone slap me. Our coaching staff is....is.....smrt? S-M-R-T!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

lets see how long it lasts haha, i kind of dont like how turris doesnt really have any help on unit 2

Karlsson will likely see time on both units, and should MacArthur return to the lineup, he'd likely take Smith's spot, so healthy, we could see a lot of this:

MacArthur-Turris-Dzingel
Phaneuf-Ceci/Karlsson

I don't see that as a bad 2nd unit.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Please for the love of god keep wideman off the powerplay, ceci is miles ahead of him offensively

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
lets see how long it lasts haha, i kind of dont like how turris doesnt really have any help on unit 2

Karlsson will stay for a bit on the second unit. Varone is offensively skill enough to make stuff happen from what I saw and Smith could be a good front net presence with some finish.
I dont see no problem with that second PP

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Meh, he should really be a 12th/13th forward. So I'm ok with this right now, although truthfully I'd rather see Buddy in that spot.

I can't believe you said that! Unfortunately it seems his shipped has sailed with this team, we'll see during the season if he gets a call up but it could be over for him. Once we saw the connection between Pyatt & this coaching staff the writing was on the all for him making the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad