GDT: Pre-season game #6 Sharks @ Yotes 7:00pm

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Just got off work, now to the arena, get some tixs and see my boys play tonight. Excited to see the young guns, especially since the Sharks wont be back here till Jan. Go Sharks!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So Sharks beat the Canucks last game and pretty much that Canucks team beat the Oilers(w/ McDavid) after that so by that logic the Sharks are better than the Oilers and DeBoer is better than McLellan.

Go Sharks! Kick some Yote butt.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Given the composition of the rest of the roster and the options that are presumably available, that 4th line hurts my soul.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
... and DeBoer is better than McLellan.

Go Sharks! Kick some Yote butt.

i don't know about that, but time will tell. DeBoer's stock is going up on the stator stock exchange though. I like what I've seen so far, and I like his interview on sjssharks.com.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Given the composition of the rest of the roster and the options that are presumably available, that 4th line hurts my soul.

Why? X - Tierney - Goodrow has historically been really solid. They have done that line with both Melker and Goldobin, and each saw success. Given the hard forecheck system DeBoer plays Goodrow and Brown should be excellent at keeping the puck low in the offensive zone. With Tierney driving the play, and our increased emphasis on point-shots, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw this line produce at a 3rd line rate. Very excited to see how it plays.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Really like those lines. Would like to see Karlsson somewhere in the lineup once he is back at 100% and Brown out. Also, hoping that one of the young guys can do well enough over the season to bump Ward to the 3rd line. Would like to see Nieto have a breakout year and earn his spot back in the top-6.

Really love the lines. Marleau-Couture-Ward could be one of the best two-way lines in the league. The defensive skills there are huge and obviously Marleau and Couture add a lot on the offensive side.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Really love the lines. Marleau-Couture-Ward could be one of the best two-way lines in the league. The defensive skills there are huge and obviously Marleau and Couture add a lot on the offensive side.

Agreed. Plus, Ward is pretty damn good at capitalizing on secondary scoring chances. He adds a grittyness that line has always been lacking.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I like tierney and goodrow. Would be interested to see nieto or goldobin with them as the "scoring" threat. Tierney is too good to just be on s checking line.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Did you know you can't buy alcoholic anything in Arizona if you have a vertical ID? **** that state. I'm just a guy who got a driver's license between the new license roll out and before I was 21. That was like 4 years ago man.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Did you know you can't buy alcoholic anything in Arizona if you have a vertical ID? **** that state. I'm just a guy who got a driver's license between the new license roll out and before I was 21. That was like 4 years ago man.

Vertical ID? Never heard of that before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad