GDT: Pre-Season Game #6 Detroit Red Wings @ Pittsburgh Penguins 7:00 PM ET

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I have been a Smith supporter for a long time. The guy has a load of talent but he is going to make mistakes and it seems like more than his share of them really hurt. But I agree with TZE. We haven't utilized his upside nearly enough. There was a series of games where he played with Kronwall 2 yrs ago where he looked really solid but then Babs put him back with Q again for reasons unknown. I don't think we'll ever not be saying "WTF was that"Smitty but he can bring a lot too. And one thing I like is him and Abby are usually the only ones who stand up for teammates regularly

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I have been a Smith supporter for a long time. The guy has a load of talent but he is going to make mistakes and it seems like more than his share of them really hurt. But I agree with TZE. We haven't utilized his upside nearly enough. There was a series of games where he played with Kronwall 2 yrs ago where he looked really solid but then Babs put him back with Q again for reasons unknown. I don't think we'll ever not be saying "WTF was that"Smitty but he can bring a lot too. And one thing I like is him and Abby are usually the only ones who stand up for teammates regularly

And now is the time to make him look good. Deadline trade for assets.

Let's make Vanek look good too.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
And now is the time to make him look good. Deadline trade for assets.

Let's make Vanek look good too.

He's 27, a better skater than 80% of defenseman in this league and probably better than anyone on this team, he plays his best hockey in the playoffs, could be a 2PP QB if you needed him to be, and is one of the only physical people on the team and will stand up for a teammate. He makes what, 2.25 a year? It's nothing, and if you put him in the right role he can be a top 4 d-man on this team.

He is an asset to us in more than one way. Keep him. Unless that asset is a huge shakeup and what we've been looking for like Shattenkirk/Trouba/Fowler or a Stamkos that comes along. Keep him.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Haven't watched any pre-season games, seems like they've won a lot, what record? 5-1?, anyone sticks out, how's Mantha?

Sorry for the laziness but perhaps someone who's watched a few games can write a few sentences :D

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Haven't watched any pre-season games, seems like they've won a lot, what record? 5-1?, anyone sticks out, how's Mantha?

Sorry for the laziness but perhaps someone who's watched a few games can write a few sentences :D
Mantha has been good. Keeps improving his overall game. Offensively he's thinking pass a bit more than he should, which kinda goes for AA too. Those two have managed to pass away some good chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad