XXX - XXX - XXX
Miller - Glendening - Ott
XXX - XXX - XXX

XXX - Green
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

Mrazek (Coreau?)

Mrazek should start, or Coreau?

Smith, Green and Ouellet should play at least for defence, they didn't dress at Chicago. Miller-Glendening-Ott also should be back today for same reason. Nyquist, Sheahan should also play for sure. Don't know about World Cup guys.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd rather see Coreau. Mrazek is what he is. Just like Howard is. I want to see what Coreau can do.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I should probably go to this since it's right next door.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
#RedWings lineup:
Pulkkinen, Nyquist, Sheahan, Miller, Ott, Svechnikov, Mantha, Glendening, Frk, Sadowy, Street, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou

#RedWings lineup: D: Smith, Jensen, Russo, Lashoff, Sproul, Ouellet, Renouf
Goalies: Coreau, Heeter

Per Dana Wakiji

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Soo... Bertuzzi has been a positive so far in camp from what I've read lately?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Well I thought he's played great, better than any of our other young players. I hope he makes the team for sure.

7 goals in 9 playoff games with the Griffins last season speaks volumes on his progression as of late. He definitely should be making a case for himself today.

Phil18

Jul 13, 2013
Montréal
Players for tonight:

4 Teemu Pulkkinen

14 Gustav Nyquist

15 Riley Sheahan

20 Drew Miller

29 Steve Ott

37 Evgeny Svechnikov

39 Anthony Mantha

41 Luke Glendening

42 Martin Frk

44 Dylan Sadowy

46 Ben Street

59 Tyler Bertuzzi

72 Andreas Athanasiou

Defensemen

2 Brendan Smith

3 Nick Jensen

18 Robbie Russo

23 Brian Lashoff

48 Ryan Sproul

61 Xavier Ouellet

77 Dan Renouf

Goalies

30 Cal Heeter

31 Jared Coreau

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I don't think he makes the teams, he isn't NHL ready yet, but even bad nights, he has the right attitude. Gotta love that kind of guy.

This is such a Holland statement Henkka. You can look "NHL ready" in the AHL all you want and stink in the NHL. Example, Teemu Pulkinnen. Exaple, XO. Or be like Larkin and come in and wow everyone.

Bertuzzi might not be an "NHL ready" player who's going to step in and be our first or second line winger. But he is absolutely ready to be in the NHL if you ask me. He has been far more noticeable than any other young guy out there IMO. He has been GR best player in the big games. Even in a blowout game like last night he is trying to make things happen. And it's nice to have a guy with some balls in the lineup. He makes good decisions, he's physical, he is well liked by teammates, and he's got better hands than we ever could have imagined.

Little Bertuzzi and AA should be on the team. I still have hopes for Mantha but eh, he's just not doing it for me so far.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
At the very least Bert should be one of our first callups. If he's not currently NHL ready he's right on the cusp. Yet he still has people like AA, Mantha ahead of him because of how jam packed the forward group is.

Callahan's NHL hopes disappearing right before his eyes. Feel bad for the kid.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
At the very least Bert should be one of our first callups. If he's not currently NHL ready he's right on the cusp. Yet he still has people like AA, Mantha ahead of him because of how jam packed the forward group is.

Same. He has had a decent preseason for himself too I think. Couple of scraps too.

We really really really didn't need to sign Darren Helm. What a stupid, stupid signing. Coulda had Sheahan 3C and open another spot for a kid. Trade Tatar/Nyquist for a dman, or hell Mantha for that matter.

All of a sudden we end up with Fowler or Trouba. No helm. And some form of AA/Bertuzzi on the team, with a possibility of Frk or Callahan (If Mantha gets traded).

That helm signing has screwed us beyond belief in cap wise, offensive abilities, and stunting the kids getting a shot.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Say we trade Nyquist and didn't sign Helm....

Z-Nielson-Tatar
Abby-Larkin-Vanek
AA-Sheahan-Mantha/Bertuzzi
Ott-Glenny-Miller/Frk to fill in

3rd line looks so much better, a scoring threat. Darren Helm centering a line just doesn't do it for me. Yuck. Couple more kids in the lineup too. Vanek with legit players.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
For the second preseason in a row, Athanasiou is prob gonna lead the team in scoring (I think he had 6pts in 5 games last preseason?) right now hes got 4 in 3. And for the 2nd time in a row hes gonna start in the AHL isn't he

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Anyone notice that nice play by Sproul? Some good defensive work and then managed a nice no-look pass to get it out from the corner. The more I see from him the more convinced I am he can actually become a good d-man.

He is probably ready for an NHL call-up pretty soon, too early to say he's ready to actually be a full-time NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad