GDT: Pre-Season Game #6 - 9.30.14 - vs Tampa Bay - 7:30 PM - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM ‎

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Rynnas was sick yesterday according to one of the beat writers. I bet he's still a bit under the weather.

He was supposed to play yesterday but got scratched for being sick. I'm guessing that he was just brought in to be a body on the bench but he's not okay to play

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I think the point is that we're all wrong plenty. If we weren't, we'd have jobs with these teams, though, to be fair, these teams have plenty of misses as well.

I said you're overly high on guys who come up through the Texas Stars. It doesn't bother me. You get to like these guys, see them play well in the AHL, and hope they pan out in the NHL. There's nothing wrong with that. I'd probably be the same way if I paid any attention to the Texas Stars.

Honestly it's got nothing to do with the fact that I watch Texas play a lot. All I do is see what their strengths are in the AHL, try to get some sort of idea about their potential and then get brave and give my opinion. Going up from just the CHL to the ECHL is a massive step for tons of players. So naturally it won't translate well for every single fantastic player here in Austin. But why try and sell any of our prospects short, when you know they have ability?

I'd rather talk about all of the great nuances in a players game that's about to step up into the league. Hype the good, don't even really discuss the bad.

Thanks for pointing out the bolded though. I wish others would own up to this occasionally as well. I eat all of the crow I cook up for myself, and I don't think anybody can argue with that.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I just hope that Nill makes a move quick if Lindback/Rynnas keep up their poor play. We can't afford to be essentially auto losing B2B's and other games the backup plays like the past few years. Central is way too rough for that.

NukeJukes43

I'm so tired of Gonchar's meaningless point shots that ALWAYS get blocked and end up being turnovers.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Love the confidence Oleksiak has when he carries the puck. Head up the whole time, smooth skating, and good tape-to-tape passes.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
As someone who bought into the "Todd Harvey is the next Bobby Clarke" hype, I'm fully familiar with the idea of running with optimism with the kids.

But after being wrong on so many of them over the years, I'm pretty critical these days. It's why I earned the label as a Larsen hater for watching him do nothing and ask what's so special about him. It angered a number of hopeful fans. I turned out to be very right about Larsen, but I wish I had been wrong. Jordie Benn is an example of a guy I didn't have much love for but who has grown into a decent player. The low expectations make for some pleasant surprises.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
well Lindback is a career .905 goaltender (which is way below average) but he's still young and there's time to learn.

For what it's worth, being a .905 goaltender is one extra goal allowed on average every 2.78 games compared to a "league average" goaltender with a .917 save percentage - assuming 30 shots allowed per game.

So in the short run we can probably sneak by with him, but it adds up over the season if you're the Jets and you have Ondrej Pavelec in net.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
C'mon Alex.. wide open net.

Ice is pretty bad tonight though. Not even Seguin has been able to deal with it.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I just hope that Nill makes a move quick if Lindback/Rynnas keep up their poor play. We can't afford to be essentially auto losing B2B's and other games the backup plays like the past few years. Central is way too rough for that.

I posted something about this a few weeks ago. If we lose Kari for a long time we won't make the playoffs. We have no proper replacement for him and he shouldn't have to play the most minutes in the entire league again

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
well Lindback is a career .905 goaltender (which is way below average) but he's still young and there's time to learn.

For what it's worth, being a .905 goaltender is one extra goal allowed on average every 2.78 games compared to a "league average" goaltender with a .917 save percentage - assuming 30 shots allowed per game.

So in the short run we can probably sneak by with him, but it adds up over the season if you're the Jets and you have Ondrej Pavelec in net.
I don't think there is enough time for him to learn all he needs to learn: positioning, how to follow the puck, rebound control, etc. If he wasn't 6'6", he wouldn't be in the league. Being big is all he has, and it only carries you so far in a league where everyone can skate and shoot.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Is Lindback didn't give away so many rebounds he'd look pretty decent. Dude fills the net up so much.

Looks kind of awkward moving laterally though.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I just hope the powerplay clicks this time so we'll be able to see at least one good thing in this game

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Woah, nice give-and-go between Sceviour and Jokipakka almost clicks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad