GDT: Pre-Season Game #6 - 9.30.14 - vs Tampa Bay - 7:30 PM - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM ‎

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think Nemeth will be a career 5/6 defenceman. He doesn't have terrible puck handling/breakout skills, however he doesn't have the ability to skate the puck out of trouble. That's what elevates someone like Dillon (when he's on his game) to a 3/4 guy when your game is based completely on your defensive acumen.
That's probably right, and it's still great if he pans out. Every team needs reliable d-men. I liked what I saw last season from him. Hopefully, he can put it together some more. It would be nice to have an extra d-man worthy of some PK time.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
There isn't anything wrong with getting thing wrongs or overhyping players. We all do it. The problem is that you do it while also being arrogant and rude towards others and over defensive about anyone that has worn Cedar Park green.

Man I'm just defending the stuff that I see that only a handful of other people on this board also see.

Can you imagine just how frustrating it is to see people debate with you over something that they didn't even notice, or wouldn't even know what to look for? Then when you do make those nice, long posts that explain exactly what it is you see, everybody dismisses it, or just goes back to whatever it is they want to see? It's ******.

All I'm trying to do is raise the collective hockey IQ of the board. I want to be able to discuss every single intricate detail with all of you. Some of you just hate me because I don't back down from my points. I get it, I'm a total dick. I have no other way of communicating any of this stuff anymore.

Then whenever I ask how people get to the conclusions that they get to, it's always just a '**** you Cin, you're an *******' or some random stat that explains nothing.

Maybe I'll start telestrating ( no clue how to pluralize this word) some YouTube videos or something.

I'm really not the asswipe you think I am though.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I think we may see Campbell up here sooner rather than later if Lindback continues to play this poorly. I know its preseason but neither he or Rynnas has given me any confidence.

MetalGodAOD*

Just saying "I disagree and here's why from my experiences" would be a good start. When you immediately attack people, they tend to tune you out.

MetalGodAOD*

I think we may see Campbell up here sooner rather than later if Lindback continues to play this poorly. I know its preseason but neither he or Rynnas has given me any confidence.

I think Nill shops the bargain bin before that happens.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Because I'm sure some of you are going to have a stroke or something:

Gonchar is serviceable as a bottom pairing defenceman. When he's on the ice the Stars take about as many shots as they allow, and they score about as many goals as the opposition does... atleast they did the rest of the season if you factor out that abomination of an opening month on a pairing with Goligoski.

If you look at the data compiled by Corey Sznajder, Gonchar is actually well above average at passing the puck out of the defensive zone and starting the transition - he had the lowest percentage of turnovers of any of the defencemen on our team in his attempts. It's something the Stars as a whole struggle at.

I mean yeah he's not worth 5 million and we all remember his ****ups, but there's no GM in the league that would pick one of our AHL guys over him for the last spot on the team if money wasn't the issue and just taking into account current ability..

I almost left him off my six because I'm sure nobody else will agree with me, but there you are.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Who do I want in my top six or who's actually going to play?

Me

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Nemeth
KC-Jokipakka
Gonchar

Ruff

Daley-Goligoski
Benn-Gonchar
KC-Nemeth
Jokipakka

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
**** I'll hang out with you Cin.

Can I include my top 6?

Daley-Goligoski
Dillon-literally ****ing anyone except Gonchar
Connauton-Nemeth
Jordie Benn

I would be picking Stefan Elliott off waivers too.

Fantastic! I"m 100% with you on this. Not sure about Elliott though.

For me it's more like so:

Daley - Goligoski / These guys showed up massive last season in the playoffs and made me a believer in the pair. I'm on their train.

Dillon - Nemeth / Shutdown pair, with some decent passing and the ability to safely navigate through their own zone. High hockey IQ pairing.

Connauton - Benn / I'd rather have Jyrki or Oleksiak over Benn, but that won't happen. Connauton's speed, his vision, and his shot make him a starter for me.

Gonchar... Uh having popcorn with Nill in the press box.

I'd have Oleksiak as my first call up. Slowly build up more NHL time for him.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well we're going to need to get this straight first lol.

Plenty of other also had the same opinions about Wandell and Vincour when they came into the org and league.

I guess I'll go ahead and start looking at your posts more often. We'll see how accurate you can be :)

I guess it's true. People only notice your bad work. For every bad evaluation I've had, I've had way more positive ones. I guess you just choose to overlook those though, huh?

I'll be in Dallas soon if you want an autograph.
I think the point is that we're all wrong plenty. If we weren't, we'd have jobs with these teams, though, to be fair, these teams have plenty of misses as well.

I said you're overly high on guys who come up through the Texas Stars. It doesn't bother me. You get to like these guys, see them play well in the AHL, and hope they pan out in the NHL. There's nothing wrong with that. I'd probably be the same way if I paid any attention to the Texas Stars.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Just saying "I disagree and here's why from my experiences" would be a good start. When you immediately attack people, they tend to tune you out.

I've done that so many times it's not even funny.

In any event, boy these green jerseys sure do look great!

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If Lindback looks this bad against Tampa's B team just imagine how he'd look against Chicago's A team on opening night

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
No forward back-pressure, Nemeth too far back, stationary, and in no man's land as a result, Lindback can't come up with the save. Why no Rynnas yet?

MetalGodAOD*

Rynnas was sick yesterday according to one of the beat writers. I bet he's still a bit under the weather.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Has Rynnas started a game yet in the preseason? I only recall him coming in halfway through a game for Campbell. I would to see him start a game before writing him off coming in cold as a goalie is very difficult.

MetalGodAOD*

Ruff is going to have fun with this tape for the next week and a half :laugh:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Has Rynnas started a game yet in the preseason? I only recall him coming in halfway through a game for Campbell. I would to see him start a game before writing him off coming in cold as a goalie is very difficult.
Even if Ruff has nothing to judge him by, I'd go with Rynnas under the "grass has to be greener" theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad