GDT: Pre-Season Game #6 - 9.30.14 - vs Tampa Bay - 7:30 PM - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM ‎

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
tumblr_ncmz3iTwZZ1sizpq5o2_250.gif

tumblr_ncp2mqMXhm1tok23uo1_500.gif

STARTING LINE UPS:

DALLAS -
Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin
Cole-Spezza-Hemsky
Horcoff-Fiddler-Sceviour
Eaves-Morin-Ritchie

Goligoski-Daley
Nemeth-Oleksiak
Jokipakka-Gonchar

Lindback
Rynnas

TAMPA BAY -
Palat-Filppula-Killorn
Panik-Johnson-Connolly
Marchesseault-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Boyle-Brown

Garrison-Sustr
Carle-Gudas
Barberio-Witkowski
Brewer

Nabokov
Bishop

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I have a feeling this is Dallas' October 9th 4th line:

Stars lines this morning: Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin; Cole-Spezza-Hemsky; Horcoff-Fiddler-Sceviour;Eaves-Morin-Ritchie

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The D are a bit screwy. I was sort of hoping they might reveal a bit which way Dallas was leaning.

Part of me wants to think Jokipakka playing with Gonchar is a good thing. I don't think anyone realistically expected the vets to get benched without getting a chance. I do believe all three ... Cole, Horcoff, and Gonchar at least start the season before they get benched. This could also just be his final audition to prove he's better than Connauton. Conauton got the shot yesterday so maybe this is his.

If Dillon comes back in time .. I'd assume that competition is a moot point. Nemeth would just slide down with Gonchar and hopefully ultimately Connauton. Jokipakka would hopefully get a chance if and when they moved Gonchar.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Like last game... Getting excited Bishop is not in net and then it's changed :D Hopefully this game is better than last :)

It had better or we might have major problems. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th lines in full seem to be playing.

The D situation makes more sense now that we now Benn is injured. If you consider Oleksiak the place holder for Benn, everything sort of falls into place. This would be your starting D on October 9th likely .... without Dillon.

Goligoski-Daley
Benn(Oleksiak tonight)-Nemeth
Jokipakka-Gonchar

Since it seems Dillon will be done ....

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Dillon
Nemeth-Gochar

Point is ... no excuses tonight. Everyone but Jordie and the 3rd line are in tonight.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
It had better or we might have major problems. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th lines in full seem to be playing.

The D situation makes more sense now that we now Benn is injured. If you consider Oleksiak the place holder for Benn, everything sort of falls into place. This would be your starting D on October 9th likely .... without Dillon.

Goligoski-Daley
Benn(Oleksiak tonight)-Nemeth
Jokipakka-Gonchar

Since it seems Dillon will be done ....

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Dillon
Nemeth-Gochar

Point is ... no excuses tonight. Everyone but Jordie and the 3rd line are in tonight.

I was wondering why Benn didn't play that much yesterday. (Didn't read it somewhere else, whats the timetable for him?)

I just hope Lindback gets everything together and actually looks like a solid backup today and makes his former team cry! :sarcasm:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Kind of surprised Mckenzie isn't in again.

I think it was over the weekend, but Ruff played his hand on one of the Stars website videos.

He said camp is important ... and then sort of implied but not really. He wants to push the young guys and see who can handle NHL situations. In the end though, he's going to give the vets real games to prove themselves.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
So are they streaming this game with Ralph and Razor or how is this going to work tonight?

Ralph's twitter said something about this being on the Ticket with a pre-game show/intermisions and stuff "almost like a real broadcast and everything!". I don't see any official confirmation but I wonder why he would comment on it if he and Razor weren't commentating.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ralph's twitter said something about this being on the Ticket with a pre-game show/intermisions and stuff "almost like a real broadcast and everything!". I don't see any official confirmation but I wonder why he would comment on it if he and Razor weren't commentating.

It's been reported by several sources that this is the R&R game. Her question seems to be will they only be on the Ticket or will they also be on the stream.

My guess is it will be both. If they have the ability to patch Bogorad, Newkirk, and that awful homer, it should be just as simple to supply R&R's feed to the Ticket and the official website.

The hitch could be if somehow their radio agreement with the Ticket prevented that, but that would be pretty strange IMO. Even if you just piped in the Ticket feed instead of your own R&R feed.

They've had video every other game except KC so I can't imagine them going with R&R and no feed. Even if it's a soundless feed ... I'd imagine we will get to watch for sure today. If we can't .... that would be a major fail on their part. Would seem dumb to go out of your way to offer feeds and then abandon the last game.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
They've already said there would be a feed. I'd be surprised if they aren't piping R&R over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad