Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #5: Canucks 1 vs. Kings 4

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'll tell you one thing. NHL 19 does a spectacular job of mimicking the real Canucks. I had to turn it off I was getting so frustrated. Playing as the Canucks on All Star level and either they, or I (or both), are AWFUL.

Reactions: geebaan

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Juolevi's looked decent tonight. The bright side is I think he'll definitely be an NHL defender. The downside is all he'll probably be is just an NHL defender...

Outside of his absurdly bad camp last year, he's usually looked decent. Always leaves you wanting more though, especially when competing for loose pucks.

Nucksin7

Oct 5, 2010
Burnaby, BC
Why have a preseason game in such a terrible building? They might as well both go back and play in China. This is brutal. Canucks should have never have agreed to this arrangement.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Why have a preseason game in such a terrible building? They might as well both go back and play in China. This is brutal. Canucks should have never have agreed to this arrangement.

Because, like, it's pre season...

Wasn't that long ago pre season games weren't even on TV.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Because, like, it's pre season...

Wasn't that long ago pre season games weren't even on TV.

It's not about the experience for us as viewers. It's about the team getting an actual evaluation in. This arena's lighting is trash, the ice is awful, the nets aren't staying on. They'd have done better to play this game in Penticton and we all know the game in Kelowna will look and play better than this.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Probably his waiver situation. Have to see what he’s got before you cut bait. He’d be a waiver wire claim because of his age and offensive skill set. Some team will roll the dice on him.

Have to see what you’ve got in him over what you already know in gagner. Gagner won’t be part of the solution going forward. Goldy might be but you need to know soon.

Dahlen played in a lower division in Sweden than EP. ideally was supposed to be in the ahl last year but contracted mono. Likely that’s his destination. See how he adjusts to the smaller rink.
Very few players get picked up from Waivers at this time of the year, as all teams are having the same problem as the Canucks and teams tend to value their own players more than pick-ups from other teams.....so players, like Markstrom...and, in this case, Goldobin, sneak through. Also, if a team does pick up a player, they have to waive one of their own, which also reduces the possibility of teams picking up someone from waivers, at this time.

Zammer

Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City
It's not about the experience for us as viewers. It's about the team getting an actual evaluation in. This arena's lighting is trash, the ice is awful, the nets aren't staying on. They'd have done better to play this game in Penticton and we all know the game in Kelowna will look and play better than this.
I'm at the game, the lighting in person is fine. The ice, however, is garbage. It's still wet from when the zambonis went over it to clean it.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So massive preseason for the kids, dahlen! Juolevi! Gaudette! Lind!! Virtanen!! Whos gonna stand out and play great and steal/earn a spot.

f***ing motte(good for him tho)

What a brutal preseason, at least EP has been as good as advertised thank god

Reactions: geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad