Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #5: Canucks 1 vs. Kings 4

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I wonder if part of the problem is coaching? What is Green telling these guys to make them look uninspired in a preseason where they are supposed to be fighting for spots? I get it if a few guys look uninspired but all of them? Maybe the bag skating tired them out too much and now they’re out of gas.

Dont be surprised, Benning predicted that 2 1/2 years ago, they have lost their culture now

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I wonder if part of the problem is coaching? What is Green telling these guys to make them look uninspired in a preseason where they are supposed to be fighting for spots? I get it if a few guys look uninspired but all of them? Maybe the bag skating tired them out too much and now they’re out of gas.

Wait, I thought they were just shaking off rust and everything was totally fine and normal and they’re going to make the playoffs?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Wait, I thought they were just shaking off rust and everything was totally fine and normal and they’re going to make the playoffs?

I said vets are shaking off rust and saving their gears for the season and playoffs. The guys trying to earn spots don’t have an excuse and the sheer number of them who don’t look like they’re playing for their lives forces me to look at the common denominator and one which is the coach

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Dont be surprised, Benning predicted that 2 1/2 years ago, they have lost their culture now

He’s absolutely correct which is why I’m leaning more and more towards loading up for a playoff run. We might need to trade picks and young guys who haven’t made the team yet to save the Boesers the Peterson’s and the Horvats from going through the loss of culture that wrecked Nugent Hopkins Yakupov etc. and many a young talent

Reactions: me2

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
He’s absolutely correct which is why I’m leaning more and more towards loading up for a playoff run. We might need to trade picks and young guys who haven’t made the team yet to save the Boesers the Peterson’s and the Horvats from going through the loss of culture that wrecked Nugent Hopkins Yakupov etc. and many a young talent
2016...Benning predicts a "quick turnaround"...fast forward through two abysmal seasons and and a depressing pre-season and our resident Kool-aid addict uses that quote.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

We might be able to get Lucic from the Oilers, they are in cap hell. A prospect or two (Dahlen, Lind) might do it! I also strongly think we have a chance to make a deal with the Blackhawks for Seabrook, his contract might not be perfect but he was part of several championship teams and he should be able to teach some winning to the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad