Jarabek – Bear
Gravel – Garrison

Koskinen
Montoya

Reactions: voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think the goal is to get out of preseason without injury, and fine tune a few things. I believe this is the first game for McKenzie and Reichel at the MTS Centre, should be a good experience for them.

Poolman, Harkins and Appleton, and Suess have a chance to make an impression tonight. Could be a yawner. Or the top 2 lines could contribute 4 goals.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Come on guys! Stop putting down Tyler. Sure at times he gets beat in the defensive zone. Doesn't everybody?
The point is Tyler was our 2nd best defenceman in the playoffs after Byfuglien. He played hard...dare I say physical. He created offence...something which is hard to do in the playoffs. And he was a plus 7.
Come on guys! Stop putting down Tyler. Sure at times he gets beat in the defensive zone. Doesn't everybody?
The point is Tyler was our 2nd best defenceman in the playoffs after Byfuglien. He played hard...dare I say physical. He created offence...something which is hard to do in the playoffs. And he was a plus 7.

We must have been watching different playoffs. Morrissey was the Jets best dmen in the playoffs followed by Buff. No one else was really close to either of them. Myers put up points in a heavily sheltered role in the postseason but was merely ok defensively. I'll take the guy who crushed the toughest matchups in JoMo over someone who chiseled points against the other teams worst players.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
We must have been watching different playoffs. Morrissey was the Jets best dmen in the playoffs followed by Buff. No one else was really close to either of them. Myers put up points in a heavily sheltered role in the postseason but was merely ok defensively. I'll take the guy who crushed the toughest matchups in JoMo over someone who chiseled points against the other teams worst players.

Myers on the bottom pairing with sheltered minutes can be an impact player. When players like that are chipping in with offense, it sets you up nicely. Takes pressure off the top talent.

We're lucky to have such depth.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Give it a chance man. At least we know if it doesn't work, Maurice will change it up.

In March.:sarcasm:
tumblr_meayuelNBo1r4qfp8.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Connor may not be in the lineup. Based on Maurice's interview it sounded like he got a bump at the end of the practice. Said it was nothing serious but he may not be in tonight.

If Connor is not in I hope they give Dano a shot to play with Scheifele and Wheeler.

If Laine has a game a like last one, I would not hesitate to put him with Suess and Everberg for the 3rd period to get him going.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Or stop messing around play the best goalscorer on the team with the best playmaking C. Little is barely a top 60 C at this point.

Well the Jets are paying him 5.25 million for the next 6 years so they have no choice but to play him in the top6 and hope for the best.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

What? Buff was in beast mode and no defender on the Jets was even close. Did people really watch the same playoffs?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I don’t mind Myers at all. If we can re-sign him and Josh and just flip their cap hits on their next deals then we’d be absolutely set and discounted at that.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
What? Buff was in beast mode and no defender on the Jets was even close. Did people really watch the same playoffs?

Buff went full "first ever Jets preseason shift" during the entire playoffs.

I realize he physically can't be engaged 100% all of the time, so he needs to pick his spots.

But hoooooooooo boy, when he picks his spots, he might be the best d-man in the league.

Reactions: Tommigun and SUX2BU

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Or stop messing around play the best goalscorer on the team with the best playmaking C. Little is barely a top 60 C at this point.
Since we are making stuff up something more realistic is our 2 best players want to play with someone that can somewhat keep up with them.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Buff went full "first ever Jets preseason shift" during the entire playoffs.

I realize he physically can't be engaged 100% all of the time, so he needs to pick his spots.

But hoooooooooo boy, when he picks his spots, he might be the best d-man in the league.

Stuart and buff the two top defenders for wpg? Buff looks very young!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

I think both JMO and Myers were critically important in the playoffs. Both had different ways in contributing. You need both kinds to be a good team and go far. Few of those Myers points (goals) were huge game changer. It cannot be disregarded.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think both JMO and Myers were critically important in the playoffs. Both had different ways in contributing. You need both kinds to be a good team and go far. Few of those Myers points (goals) were huge game changer. It cannot be disregarded.

Then why are people disregarding his defense in a sheltered role?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Then why are people disregarding his defense in a sheltered role?
I cant speak for those people.
Seeing again all of the playoffs highlights 8 and 44 are the ones getting scored on the most. I believed Trouba got walked twice. But for sure they get beat by the better players because they play against the better lines. Maybe not as much as Myers would get beat if he was put in that role.
Myers keep producing against the lesser competition at critical times.
Its not about sheltered role, i look at it as the coaching staff taking advantage against other teams hole in their lineup.

Like i said both are critically important to the Jets success. You need the bottom pairing taking advantage of the other teams weaker line up. Same with the Jets bottom 6 forwards.
This is one of the reason Jets are one of the very best team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad