Post-Game Talk: Pre-season game 4, Jets @ SENS, Friday 7pm on TSN5

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I thought Batherson looked more dynamic and creative tonight than he did at any point last season, which is really good to see.

Chabot and Chychrun struggled at times tonight, but I have confidence they will work it out. It's clearly the pairing that is going to take some time for them to adjust. You can see the flashes where they could be a great pairing for us, they just need to find that consistency together.

And this is the best Jarventie has ever looked, really impressed with his game this pre-season.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well, except for Kelly and JBD. ;)
Yeah, neither of them should be on the opening night roster. I guess what I meant is that we have 20+ guys who really deserve to make the team this year, and in past years it's been closer to 15.

See: Logan Shaw, Parker Kelly, Clark Bishop, Alex Galchenyuk, Cedric Paquette, Matt Peca, Max Verroneau, Mike Haley, Zach Sanford, Scott Sabourin, Paul Carey, Zach Rodewald, Jonathan Davidsson, JC Beaudin, etc

Reactions: Bileur

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, neither of them should be on the opening night roster. I guess what I meant is that we have 20+ guys who really deserve to make the team this year, and in past years it's been closer to 15.

See: Logan Shaw, Parker Kelly, Clark Bishop, Alex Galchenyuk, Cedric Paquette, Matt Peca, Max Verroneau, Mike Haley, Zach Sanford, Scott Sabourin, Paul Carey, Zach Rodewald, Jonathan Davidsson, JC Beaudin, etc
Honestly don’t remember anyone named Mike Haley.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The only players who I think have been “bad” are chabot and Bailey. Everyone else is out there doing their thing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We have the Mandalorian in net, so everything is going great.
Was at the game thought he was unreal.

Overall a very poorly played game by the sens considering the roster.

Hard for veterans to get up for games like that in pre-season. Bunch of no name try hards and an empty barn.

Karlsson- Chabot/Joseph swap woulda solved all our problems
Your math is really bad. Not only that but Chabot - Chychrun has been absolutely dynamic. Chabot has had some great jump and isn't 33 years old. He's actually the same age as the core. Thankfully the owner is looking for sustained success.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Some thoughts from the game

The building was shockingly empty. STH numbers are way above how many butts were there last night.

The game day crew needs to get its shit together. They're announcing the starting lineup. Levi is the goalie, they've got Forsberg's picture on the big screen. It made me laugh but come on.

Batherson is quicker than at any point last year.

Jarventie looks good. Beauty goal he scored. He also looked real good on the PP. Put it right on Tarasenko's stick twice. He's not far away from ready.

Smejkal should be on this team. Smejkal needs to be on this team.

Both young goalies look good.

I'd trade Chabot for a bag of pucks and a few water bottles. Defending isn't his strength at all and it's going to be worse on the right side. Chabot for Drysdale as principals in a trade?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Was at the game thought he was unreal.

Overall a very poorly played game by the sens considering the roster.

Hard for veterans to get up for games like that in pre-season. Bunch of no name try hards and an empty barn.

Your math is really bad. Not only that but Chabot - Chychrun has been absolutely dynamic. Chabot has had some great jump and isn't 33 years old. He's actually the same age as the core. Thankfully the owner is looking for sustained success.
I sat three rows from the ice. I have never been that close and what I took away is how hard it is to ref lol. Fast game.

I agree with you. It is hard to get up for a game like that. At the end of the day they are human, and it is human nature to play down to a lineup like that

Goalies were excellent and have been excellent all preseason. Jarventie is standing out , and Smejkal looks decent. I have been thinking this since last season, low key, and I will say it out loud that I don’t think Kastelic is the guy to Center the fourth line. Here is my defence pairings if I see coach:

Chychrun Zub
Sanderson Hamonic
Chabot JBD

Last edited:

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Some thoughts from the game

The building was shockingly empty. STH numbers are way above how many butts were there last night.

The game day crew needs to get its shit together. They're announcing the starting lineup. Levi is the goalie, they've got Forsberg's picture on the big screen. It made me laugh but come on.

Batherson is quicker than at any point last year.

Jarventie looks good. Beauty goal he scored. He also looked real good on the PP. Put it right on Tarasenko's stick twice. He's not far away from ready.

Smejkal should be on this team. Smejkal needs to be on this team.

Both young goalies look good.

I'd trade Chabot for a bag of pucks and a few water bottles. Defending isn't his strength at all and it's going to be worse on the right side. Chabot for Drysdale as principals in a trade?
Yes, I've been impressed with Smejkal as well. He is a good catch. I agree with the bolded above and was going to make a post about the same things, but you beat me to it. I thought Lassi Thomson looked decent last night. His issue is on the defensive side and makes a few gaffs here and there.

Maybe my memory is bad, but Mandolese has looked really good in most of his games on the big club. He seems to have a penchant for making some spectacular looking saves. Senators have 3 young goalie prospects with potential in their system.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

I've got a more favorable impression of our bottom 6, depth and prospects this year than I have in the past. My optimism has increased as a result. I've been really impressed with Chychrun.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00