GDT: Pre-season game 3: Golden Knights @ Sharks 7pm “Streamed” on Sharks.nhl.com

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'd rather Jumbo unless he's fallen off a cliff. I don't think Pavs works as a center on the top two lines.

He scored 32 points in 35 games as center last year

I’m not saying it will work for sure but we will have to try things if Kane-Thornton-Pavelski suck this bad.

However, I’ll relax until around the 5-10 game mark. But the way Kane gets deployed and performs is really concerning.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Overall, I like kanes game. I think he was the danger on that line all night long imo. Jumbos passing is all over the place and hes going to have to engage more physically if he wants to drive that line like normal. Unfortunately neither pavs or kane are F1s and I think jumbo would benefit more from tenacious puck hounds. but we will see. Vegas is a fast team.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Like in general it’s not smart to play 3 forwards in OT but if you’re going to do it, why choose the line that has been the worst all game

On one hand, it's the preseason so it's not extremely dumb to experiment with 3 forwards (even though 2 of them are pylons, and all 3 can't skate backwards).

On the other hand, it'll never be a good idea to play 3 forwards in OT. Why even attempt it then when you can practice with lines that you'll actually use?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Overall, I like kanes game. I think he was the danger on that line all night long imo. Jumbos passing is all over the place and hes going to have to engage more physically if he wants to drive that line like normal. Unfortunately neither pavs or kane are F1s and I think jumbo would benefit more from tenacious puck hounds. but we will see. Vegas is a fast team.

I think Kane’s an F1 but he’s not the type of F1 that will do well with Thornton and Pavelski

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't think proud is the right word for this. lol

I was making a reference that nobody here would get. Here on TV there used to be these "Canadian Heritage Moments" commercials about big things that Canadians did or were involved in (the writing of "In Flanders' Fields", the fact that one of the creators of Superman was Canadian, the creation of Basketball, the inspiration of Winnie the Pooh, etc) that always ended with: "<statement about whatever the ad was about>: A proud part of our history."

Reactions: TootooTrain

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Kane-Pavelski-Donskoi
Meier-Thornton-XXX

After what I just saw I want Hertl with Couture and Meier. This was the first time I can recall where Hertl had ever been playmaker on his line and played with top-6 talent and he looked fantastic doing so. I would rather give him the opportunity to succeed there until he blows it. If Hertl can score 70 points playing the defense that he does, then he is the #1C.

On one hand, it's the preseason so it's not extremely dumb to experiment with 3 forwards (even though 2 of them are pylons, and all 3 can't skate backwards).

On the other hand, it'll never be a good idea to play 3 forwards in OT. Why even attempt it then when you can practice with lines that you'll actually use?

My question is why attempt it with the forward line that has been the worst line all night...wanna be dumb and experiment with 3 forwards, play Hertl Couture and Meier...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad