GDT: Pre-season game 3: Golden Knights @ Sharks 7pm “Streamed” on Sharks.nhl.com

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof

No Karlsson, Thornton and his line expected to play.

Yay! Thornton in for game 7 against the Knights!
SadKeanu.jpg

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof

I'm very optimistic about our chances this season guys. We crushed the Ducks TWICE only playing Goodrow, Ryan, and Heed; in only one game no less! Even without icing a player we beat the Ducks. I know the GRH trio is lethal, but tell me this doesn't bode well? Tell me.

In other news, SJSEE needs to fire their new intern.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm very optimistic about our chances this season guys. We crushed the Ducks TWICE only playing Goodrow, Ryan, and Heed; in only one game no less! Even without icing a player we beat the Ducks. I know the GRH trio is lethal, but tell me this doesn't bode well? Tell me.

In other news, SJSEE needs to fire their new intern.

Honestly? Preseason means next to nothing except seeing who you pull fof depth and guys getting live reps in.

For instance, ive seen a helluva lot more out of radil than suomela, but id venture to guess that suomela is tge better player.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
This will be a way better challenge than Anaheim as Vegas has been scoring in bunches. I'm interested to see if the the bottom six line combos will have success again against a deeper faster team assuming Vegas ices most of thier full lineup like thier game against the Kings.

Looking forward to see if Chartier and Suomela continue to impress and can hang against deeper and faster line combos.

Also interested to get a look at the Dillon / Braun pairing and how they mesh especially in D-zone starts.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
This will be a way better challenge than Anaheim as Vegas has been scoring in bunches. I'm interested to see if the the bottom six line combos will have success again against a deeper faster team assuming Vegas ices most of thier full lineup like thier game against the Kings.

Looking forward to see if Chartier and Suomela continue to impress and can hang against deeper and faster line combos.

Also interested to get a look at the Dillon / Braun pairing and how they mesh especially in D-zone starts.

Dillon braun will be fine getting out of their zone but they will tank xgf im guessing. Luckily forwards will see a healthy dose of karlsson or burns.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

I can see Dillon/Braun doing well defensively but struggling a bit on the break-out.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
I can see Dillon/Braun doing well defensively but struggling a bit on the break-out.
I think we will see them played in the D Zone almost exclusivley as a shut down pair. They can both make play well down low and contribute a high amout of shot supression against the the teams bottom 9 without problems and do well at killing penalties. I can see this pairing being more like when Dillon was paired with Schlemko but with Braun being better defensivley. I know theyve played together briefly but cant remember how they did. Braun can move the puck decently enough as shown with his time with Vlasic so I'm not too worried about that.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think we will see them played in the D Zone almost exclusivley as a shut down pair. They can both make play well down low and contribute a high amout of shot supression against the the teams bottom 9 without problems and do well at killing penalties. I can see this pairing being more like when Dillon was paired with Schlemko but with Braun being better defensivley. I know theyve played together briefly but cant remember how they did. Braun can move the puck decently enough as shown with his time with Vlasic so I'm not too worried about that.
I think Vlasic-Karlsson will get the heavy minutes. Vlasic is still Vlasic and Karlsson doesn't need to be coddled. However, I think the deployment will be a lot more balanced than they were the last couple years

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think Vlasic and Braun will have big years, those two could use a change of pace. Change up the brain a little bit with the pairings, and when they get combined they'll probably play stronger after not playing so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad