Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #1: Sharks defeat Canucks 3-2 (Gaunce, Shinkaruk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This conversation is going nowhere and I still dont know what your point of view is. This will be my last comment so you can have the last word.

And yes i do think your being completely ridiculous, i made a single comment in one sentence and you then quoted me saying i am letting the canucks off the hook due to what I said or did not say, and that pre season the canucks should play hard because they are competing for roster spots. I still dont know what your stance is after that comment but it does not matter.

You provided a flaw in my logic? It was a one sentence opinion on the game mentioning how well I thought the sharks played and the work ethic they displayed in that game specifically the vetrans, i felt pavelski was involved in almost every play he was on the ice for. I think i will leave it at that. Hopefully in the future I can compliment the opposing team without flaws in my logic being pointed out.
I agree that preseason game performances are nothing to get worked up about, but I was just a little skeptical about your suggestion that "the reason we shouldn't read into the game is because San Jose was uncharacteristically working far harder than should be expected from a preseason game-- I don't know if it's them just being hard working in general or just stupid".

My opinion is simply that San Jose looked like a normal team in a normal preseason game, we stuggled, and they looked good. It doesn't MATTER that we struggled, but I saw this line of reasoning, building San Jose's effort as some anomaly that isn't on our team's performance, as a bit of a reach to see things in a positive light (regardless of whether or not our performance matters in preseason games). This was my opinion. You're free to disagree. I don't feel that I "dragged it out" any more than you did by replying in similar defensive fashion.

This will be my last comment as well.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I agree that preseason game performances are nothing to get worked up about, but I was just a little skeptical about your suggestion that "the reason we shouldn't read into the game is because San Jose was uncharacteristically working far harder than should be expected from a preseason game-- I don't know if it's them just being hard working in general or just stupid".

My opinion is simply that San Jose looked like a normal team in a normal preseason game, we stuggled, and they looked good. It doesn't MATTER that we struggled, but I saw this line of reasoning, building San Jose's effort as some anomaly that isn't on our team's performance, as a bit of a reach to see things in a positive light (regardless of whether or not our performance matters in preseason games). This was my opinion. You're free to disagree. I don't feel that I "dragged it out" any more than you did by replying in similar defensive fashion.

This will be my last comment as well.

I know I said I wouldnt comment again, but I am perfectly fine with the bolded in the 2nd paragraph your entitled to a different opinion. And if you would have responded with that instead I would not have responded at all.

But as far as the first paragraph bolded (actually the entire sentence) I just want clarify I did not say that, I felt like I needed to clarify that because it had quotes around it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad