Post-Game Talk: Pre-season G3: Calgarystockton Heatflames at Jets (7PM CT, streamed)

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Does anyone know if there will be a way to watch the stream of the game from the beginning after the game has started? I won't be home in time for the start of the game, but would still like to watch all of it.

You could use your phone maybe?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So they play a guy 3 games in a row when managing 6 games in 8 days. 2 games in 7 should have been his max.

I think you may be trying to read too much into this.

He has looked good. I liked him in the first game too. But he is not contending for an NHL spot with the Jets unless we are hit hard with injuries.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The Flames' NHL players and Anthony Peluso made a trip to China, we're playing against the ones that stayed at home:

Yikes: I know about 4 names on that Flames roster.

On the Jets side: how many evaluation games does everyone figure we have left before the roster is whittled down to mostly starters and a few hopefuls, and vets start to get their game conditioning for the start of the season?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames fan here.
Well, this should be a thorough route by the Jets. All the Flames regulars are out so basically it the Jets vs Heat tonight.
Just to make it a little interesting for those of you who'll be watching the game tonight, 20 year old Flames Dillon Dube has been outstanding in both preseason games so far (3 goals - 1 assist) and people are saying that if he continues to play like he has he'll make it very difficult for the Flames to send him to the AHL this year. Highly touted 21 year old goalie prospect Tyler Parsons has also played very well.

In case anybody's interested, here's an article that was just published in the Athletic about Tyler Parson's struggle with anxiety and depression which came to a culmination at the end of the 2017-2018 season.
Flames prospect Tyler Parsons opens up about his mental...

Tyler Parsons was in a dark place. The darkest, actually. And the rising sun was doing nothing to brighten his mood.
Completely undone by anger and anxiety and depression, he was slumped in the passenger seat of his mom Kim’s car and bound for Detroit Metro Airport on the Fourth of July.
But Parsons never reached his destination.
Because Kim – upon hearing an emotional outburst from her son, including chilling rants about suicide, about his desperate need to make the pain stop – was so alarmed, so upset, so scared, that she immediately pulled over.
Parked near the airport, planes flying overhead, she told Parsons that she would not be dropping him off.
Meaning the young man would miss his early-morning flight to Calgary, where he was scheduled to participate in the Flames’ development camp.
“He goes, ‘I have to go, Mom,'” said Kim. “I said, ‘I don’t care. You’re not going. Call the guys who sent you the ticket and leave them a message that you’re not getting on a plane.’ That’s exactly what we did. I called the (Flames) and said, ‘I’m not putting him on a plane … when he’s feeling like this. And then for him to be in a hotel room by himself for a week? No.’ We turned around and we went home.
“That was kind of the breaking point.”

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If we can’t watch it streamed live, do we know if it will be available to watch on the Jets website later?

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I don't think the refs will allow it on the ice during my game.

Or maybe they would, who knows. My goalie certainly wouldn't appreciate it though.

Oh you’re playing :D Ask for them to show the game on the jumbotron then.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
The game isn't listed on the TSN GO schedule.

Wonder if it'll be streamed on the Jets YouTube site as well

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
These games are great to watch if you put yourself in an individual players perspective. Especially someone on a two way deal.

Sean Prongers' book gave me a whole new perspective.

Making the NHL team is a HUUUUUGE proportional difference in salary. Those battles mean so much to these guys. I respect the crap outta that kind of grind and pressure. One bad shift and you've lost a lotta clout.

Reactions: behemolari

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
These games are great to watch if you put yourself in an individual players perspective. Especially someone on a two way deal.

Sean Prongers' book gave me a whole new perspective.

Making the NHL team is a HUUUUUGE proportional difference in salary. Those battles mean so much to these guys. I respect the crap outta that kind of grind and pressure. One bad shift and you've lost a lotta clout.

absolutely, i enjoy most watching preseason games and training camps they are most interesting for prospect perspective as you said

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad