Post-Game Talk: Pre-season G3: Calgarystockton Heatflames at Jets (7PM CT, streamed)

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
It allowed them to push Little and Lowry down the lineup and give them tremendous depth, not that Stastny was the depth piece himself. Getting him may not have been easy, although the Jets were in a great position with assets, but identifying the need shouldn't have been all that hard, it was pretty obvious.

I definitely agree with the bolded but it's not that much of a stretch to think Roslo can match Stastny's production from last year, or Little if he returns more to his typical level of play.
Of course, the push down always is part of the positives from making such an addition.

The need was obvious, and it was why I suggested it would be done and for the reasons it was. I think Roslo is a ways from the complete game Stastny had which included significant offence. If he is fairly close by the end of the season I will be ok with that, but that is to be determined.

To expect Little to be an above average number 2C on a true contending team is a stretch I won't count on. His role last year has him in a spot that was very beneficial to Winnipeg. Sure that is both the hope and eventual plan for this year's playoffs.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Of course, the push down always is part of the positives from making such an addition.

The need was obvious, and it was why I suggested it would be done and for the reasons it was. I think Roslo is a ways from the complete game Stastny had which included significant offence. If he is fairly close by the end of the season I will be ok with that, but that is to be determined.

To expect Little to be an above average number 2C on a true contending team is a stretch I won't count on. His role last year has him in a spot that was very beneficial to Winnipeg. Sure that is both the hope and eventual plan for this year's playoffs.
I don't expect Little to be an above average 2C, was Stastny last year with the Jets? I don't think he was.

Agreed Roslo is a ways from a complete game, if Mo can find his line the right matchups and he can tread water defensively there is a good chance he can provide the offense. Little gives him that flexibility because teams are not going to be able to ignore his line, his game has not faded as much as some people like to spin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad