GDT: Pre-Season #4 | Bruins 1 at FLYERS 2 (OT)| Monday, Oct. 4, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NHLN, NBCSP, NESN

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Don't worry our disorganized starters will win 3-2, break even in possession metrics and then somebody will come tell me I'm an asshole for being negative about this team and I need to optimistic after a big win like that.
We’re you the one of the reasons for the negativity thread lol

Reactions: BiggE

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
We’re you the one of the reasons for the negativity thread lol

Its a possibility haha. Although the majority of the time I'm being hyperbolic in my negativity in an attempt to be funny. As humor is the only thing getting me through this era of Flyers hockey and the feeling of uncaring malaise it has created in me.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Flyers' projected lines are as follows.

86 Joel Farabee - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 48 Morgan Frost - 89 Cam Atkinson
25 James van Riemsdyk - 73 Elliot Desnoyers - 62 Nic Aube-Kubel
82 Connor Bunnaman - 59 Jackson Cates - 71 Max Willman

9 Ivan Provorov - 94 Ryan Ellis
3 Keith Yandle - 65 Wyatte Wylie
84 Linus Högberg - 5 Adam Clendening

79 Carter Hart
[33 Samuel Ersson]

PP1: van Riemsdyk (netfront), Farabee (left wall), Konecny (slot) Couturier (right wall), Yandle (point)
PP2: Desnoyers (netfront), Frost (left wall), Ellis (right point to right wing), Atkinson (slot), Provorov (left to center point)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They've put together nice organizatonal depth on defense, if they could just find a couple centers.
Hogberg and Desnoyers are my players to watch, is Hogberg NHL ready and is Desnoyers a future center.
Looks like Bunnaman will be a LW going forward, makes sense with his lack of playmaking skills.

Reactions: macleish1974

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
They've put together nice organizatonal depth on defense, if they could just find a couple centers.
Hogberg and Desnoyers are my players to watch, is Hogberg NHL ready and is Desnoyers a future center.
Looks like Bunnaman will be a LW going forward, makes sense with his lack of playmaking skills.

Bunny, and all the funny lines that Capt'n plied us with, I thought by now he would have established himself as a 4th line center; now I am not sure that he can make it as a LW4. With all the Phantoms games I saw last season, Bunny did not show much.

If we do not draft 5 or 6 centers in 2022.........

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
There's probably a thread about this somewhere, and if so I apologize, but is ESPN+ basically now what NHL.TV used to be? As a Flyers fan living in Columbus that was how I used to watch the Flyers. We use Hulu Live TV for tv which does not have access to NHL Center Ice, so hoping not to miss the Flyers this year.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
BOSTON BRUINS (2-1-1) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (1-1-1)
th
th

R.5762e987580f59e8f361c224f93501bf

ABDMDVETLNAQHMKYQHVSMSAYL4.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Bruins42-1-151-0-11-1-01211-----------
Flyers 31-1-131-0-10-1-078-------------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Possible Lineup
Lines/Forwards
86 Joel Farabee - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 48 Morgan Frost - 89 Cam Atkinson
25 James van Riemsdyk - 73 Elliot Desnoyers - 62 Nic Aube-Kubel
82 Connor Bunnaman - 59 Jackson Cates - 71 Max Willman
Pairings/Defense
9 Ivan Provorov - 94 Ryan Ellis
3 Keith Yandle - 65 Wyatte Wylie
84 Linus Högberg - 5 Adam Clendening
Goalies
79 Carter Hart (expected starter)
33 Samuel Ersson
Power Plays
PP1: van Riemsdyk (netfront), Farabee (left wall), Konecny (slot) Couturier (right wall), Yandle (point)
PP2: Desnoyers (netfront), Frost (left wall), Ellis (right point to right wing), Atkinson (slot), Provorov (left to center point)

Injuries and Scratches
13 Kevin Hayes had abdominal surgery (Sept. 21) and is expected out 4-to-6 weeks.
51 Ryan Fitzgerald has a lower body injury (Sept. 25) and is day-to-day.
54 Egor Zamula has a strain to the groin/hip area. He is out 3-to-4 weeks (Sept. 30).
55 Sam Morin had right knee surgery (Sept. 10) and is out 6-to-8 weeks.
57 Wade Allison suffered a sprained right ankle (Sept. 19) and may need surgery (Sept. 29).
58 Tanner Laczynski is expected to miss the entire 2021-22 season due to pending left hip surgery (Sept. 28).
60 Zayde Wisdom had shoulder surgery (Aug.13) and could be out through December.
68 Cooper Zech is expected out 6-to-8 weeks with an upper body injury (Sept. 21).

BOSTON BRUINS
th
Possible Lineup

Lines/Forwards
Pairings/Defense
Goalies
Jeremy Swayman will start.

Power Plays

PP1:
PP2:

Injuries and Scratches

Steven Fogerty is day-to-day with a head injury suffered September 25.
FROM THE PAST
Flyers 4 Bruins 2, May 14, 1974, Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals
"The greatest wrist shot I ever saw," Bobby Orr on Bill Barber's GWG.

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Source of Infection" by Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen. One year has passed since his death. His music is eternal.
PA-55921360.jpg

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to changes)
OIP.Ro9P8iq6Lyty1-YGlfkYoQHaDb

DATEOPPONENT/SCOREVENUETIMETELEVISION
Tuesday, Sept. 28vs. NYI (L 2-3 OT)Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)7:00 pm ETNBCSP+, ESPN+
Thursday, Sept. 30@ Boston (L 2-4)TD Garden (Boston, MA)7:30 pm ETTNT
Saturday, Oct. 2vs. Washington (W 3-1)Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)7:00 pm ETNBCSP+, NBCSWA, ESPN+
Monday, Oct. 4vs. BostonWells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)7:00 pm ETNHLN, NBCSP, NESN
Tuesday, Oct. 5@ NY IslandersWebster Bank Arena (Bridgeport, CT)7:00 pm ETNo info yet
Friday, Oct. 8@ WashingtonCapital One Arena (Washington, DC)7:00 pm ETNHLN, NBCSWA, NBCSP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thank you for all the work you do on these & your updates @MiamiScreamingEagles
B3E209C5-E4E9-4D56-8968-7F93313942D5.gif

Me,
48DA5A68-E0CB-458D-B07A-3B289239A2DB.jpeg

More excited about the morning skate.
8C2E0FFF-5630-48AA-8F5A-BBE5FD3CD679.gif

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I hope that some day games are decided by advanced stats instead of the final score. And then eventually when the technology catches up, we can just simulate games using AI and never have to actually play them so nobody has to go to gross arenas and expose themselves to the unwashed / unvaccinated. And we won't have to wait because the whole season and the championships can be simulated in seconds and can become one of those videos on Instagram or Tiktok so you can watch while you're driving or on the toilet.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I hope that some day games are decided by advanced stats instead of the final score. And then eventually when the technology catches up, we can just simulate games using AI and never have to actually play them so nobody has to go to gross arenas and expose themselves to the unwashed / unvaccinated. And we won't have to wait because the whole season and the championships can be simulated in seconds and can become one of those videos on Instagram or Tiktok so you can watch while you're driving or on the toilet.
This would probably have been preferable to watching a lot of Flyers games recently, I think you are on to something here.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017

lehner.....is that you ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad