GDT: Pre-Season #3: Thu., Sept. 19, 2019, Bruins at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any in the living **** is Andreoff STILL in the top 9, even in the pre-season? Good ****ing lord...

I like those top 2 pairings for D though :).

Well, the only wingers he is playing ahead of are Twarynski and Criscuolo.

I say give him as much as time as they want because it's only going to reinforce the fact that he stinks.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
really looking forward to watching Frost and Farabee. This should be the 4th lines last game

Reactions: Rebels57

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Wow, we might see basically the whole NHL defense other than Sanheim in this one. Plus Frost and Farabee and our friends Claude and Sean, good shit.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The PP is practicing with Giroux on the right side. Seems suboptimal

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If the PP is so good it shouldn't matter where G is because of all of the movement instead of standing around like they are suit shoes. No wonder why its easy to kill. Great coaching is happening right now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If there's one thing that will infuriate me more than anything else this season, it's not who the f*** the spare forwards are, it's Giroux on the god damn motherf***ing right side of the PP. This cannot be tolerated.

Reactions: Starat327

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
All this hockey makes me happy. Just sucks to see some kids out of preseason while the bears still roam.

Would’ve liked to have another look at Zamula and Wylie.

Me, too. I thought Zamula looked very poised and skillful.

He got burned on the block of his shot from the point late in the first game (that lead to the empty netter) but so have a lot of young, talented Dmen. It happened to Sanheim early on and he learned. Yegor will too.

Wasn't Todd Rundgren in the New Cars? I think Todd and Rick were close friends. Do any of the Philly people remember Nazz with Todd? My fav was" Gotta Get You A Woman"
'MMR played it so many times....

Yep.

I saw Todd last Fall. He had Greg Hawkes with him. Greg played keyboard in The Cars and The New Cars when Todd was in the lineup.

Great show. They closed with the Nazz song, "Open My Eyes."

Fack the Broons

It's only preseason, but, yeah, Fack 'em.

Reactions: Illini Flyer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Since Zamula wasn't going to make the team, he's better off back in juniors - it's also a matter of being fair to his junior club, since they have to get ready for their season.

Next fall look for him to be one of the last cuts in camp, because he'll be one of the first call ups from LHV.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If there's one thing that will infuriate me more than anything else this season, it's not who the **** the spare forwards are, it's Giroux on the god damn mother****ing right side of the PP. This cannot be tolerated.

Yup. There isnt a single situation where handedness:play model needs to be set up correctly than the PP.

Reactions: Ted Brown

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Looking at the Bruin lineup this better be an ass kicking.
It is pre-season.

Also, most teams don't ice a predominently NHL line up unless they are home. I'd imagine you'll face our top 4 D on Monday.

If you could kindly expose Petrovic it would be appreciated. He's a waste of space at this point.

Here is our lines for tonight.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It is pre-season.

Also, most teams don't ice a predominently NHL line up unless they are home. I'd imagine you'll face our top 4 D on Monday.

If you could kindly expose Petrovic it would be appreciated. He's a waste of space at this point.

We iced a similarly terrible roster when we played the islanders the other night. You just happened to see the one poster who thinks that winning in the pre-season means anything at all.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
"Frost and Farabee are skill guys and should be playing with skill guys to properly evaluate them "!!

Holy hell what a change in mind set from the last buffoon coach and GM !!

AV: "Whether it's Farabee or Frost, you want to put the player in a position to succeed. They are skilled offensive players, so we want to take a look at them up there."

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It is pre-season.

Your team is ready to go and try win something but all I was saying is Flyers should have a hard working attitude and set the tone for the year and that starts now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We iced a similarly terrible roster when we played the islanders the other night. You just happened to see the one poster who thinks that winning in the pre-season means anything at all.
True. I just want to see how a few guys look and also avoid injuries.

I'm excited to see what you guys do this year. You have made solid moves and it seems the coaching staff is on the same page with the GM.

Good Luck!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I hope it's Ghost-Myers tonight, and then Sanheim-Braun on Saturday. They need to take a lot at different possible pairings.
Sanheim-Myers haven't even played together. They had the chance to do it. Mon/Tues.

Seeing conflicting reports on the D pairs. Might be Ghost and Braun again. :dunno:

Last edited:

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I love it. Youth driven team this year. Completely different culture. Rubtsov is gonna be a flyer. Myers is gonna dangle at the blue line, Hart in net. Gonna have a young line of Lindblom Patrick and Frost or Farabee. 4 young D not playing with plugs. You’ve got quotes from guys saying they dumped the puck too much.

I’m pumped

Reactions: Alex K and Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad