Pre-Game Talk: Pre GDT thread Jets vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Saved money and got him ice time. I think they did that with Rosie last year
If they wanted to save money they shouldn't have claimed dano back and saved damn near a million this year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do you know this or just like to say it? It wasn't my impression, so I had a quick look back at the last couple seasons and the Jets are 5-1 over the last 2 years coming off either the All Star break or the Players Break or the out of country Global Series break. In 2017 we beat the Blues 5-3 after the All Star break and in 2018 we beat TB 3-1 after the All Star break. In terms of Players breaks we lost to Minny 6-5 after the players break and in 2017 and we beat the Flames 2-1 after the Players break in 2018. Add in the 1st game in Finland this season that we beat Florida 4-2 after a week travel break and then beat Colorado 5-2 upon our return after another week travel break so we are 5-1 in the 1st game back over our last 6 extended breaks. I guess their is a PoMo effect but it is the opposite to what you have suggested.

:laugh: And yet it seems like we are bad after a break. Must have happened at least once. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So Niku is back with the Jets

But Appleton is not. We have only 21 players on the roster.
Appleton did not play for the Moose last week either. I'm guessing he is injured but I don't remember any injury. Practice injury with Moose?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
this is true buy the person was making the point that niku going back to the moose saved the jets money by not paying him a nhl salary this past week.

Yes, I got that. I'm adjusting the point to be more relevant.

Reclaiming Dano was a different event. Jets apparently decided he is still worth risking that $mil. I'm not sure why.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Appleton did not play for the Moose last week either. I'm guessing he is injured but I don't remember any injury. Practice injury with Moose?
I'm not sure Appleton went down. Wyman reporting same lineup as previous game.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Report:

Coach Maurice scrum topics: His travel schedule. Recapping the All-Star experience. Was there a highlight for him? Did he hear what Wheeler said about him after the game? Status of Chiarot? Update on Byfuglien. Is Byfuglien an option for Columbus on Thursday? What was he hoping to see from today’s practice? How does he approach the schedule of 34 games in 68 days? Was the Player/All-Star break important for the team? He must be happy with the way the goalies are playing considering the schedule. Goalie plan. How much confidence does he have in both his netminders? Is he seeing the progress in Laine’s game? The importance of Brendan Lemieux against Philadelphia/Boston?

Player audio: Connor Hellebuyck, Brendan Lemieux and Patrik Laine.

Health Updates on Chiarot (could be good for Tuesday vs Bos), Byfuglien (doesn't expect him to play vs Columbus) Ehlers (same situation as 33).

Goalies: Brossoit vs Flyers, Hellebuyck vs Bruins.

Lineup will be same as against Dallas (aside from Brossoit starting).

To listen click here.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not sure Appleton went down. Wyman reporting same lineup as previous game.

He was reported sent down the same time as Niku. CF doesn't show him on the Jets roster. HockeyDB has him on the Moose roster. Moose roster does not list him. Jets roster does list him. ?????

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Applecart is a piece in the upcoming Brassard deal, too bad don't think the Jets should be giving up young players!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Should be an easy win for us, refreshed after the ASB. Hard to say who starts, but I think Brossoit should start the game after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad