Pre-Game Talk: Pre GDT thread Jets vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I to am cautious of the Jets performance after an extended break. They seem to always be like that, is it a PoMo effect?

Hopefully we get to see Gritty.

I here he is a relative of Brendan Lemieux.

GJG
Do you know this or just like to say it? It wasn't my impression, so I had a quick look back at the last couple seasons and the Jets are 5-1 over the last 2 years coming off either the All Star break or the Players Break or the out of country Global Series break. In 2017 we beat the Blues 5-3 after the All Star break and in 2018 we beat TB 3-1 after the All Star break. In terms of Players breaks we lost to Minny 6-5 after the players break and in 2017 and we beat the Flames 2-1 after the Players break in 2018. Add in the 1st game in Finland this season that we beat Florida 4-2 after a week travel break and then beat Colorado 5-2 upon our return after another week travel break so we are 5-1 in the 1st game back over our last 6 extended breaks. I guess their is a PoMo effect but it is the opposite to what you have suggested.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Do you know this or just like to say it? It wasn't my impression, so I had a quick look back at the last couple seasons and the Jets are 5-1 over the last 2 years coming off either the All Star break or the Players Break or the out of country Global Series break. In 2017 we beat the Blues 5-3 after the All Star break and in 2018 we beat TB 3-1 after the All Star break. In terms of Players breaks we lost to Minny 6-5 after the players break and in 2017 and we beat the Flames 2-1 after the Players break in 2018. Add in the 1st game in Finland this season that we beat Florida 4-2 after a week travel break and then beat Colorado 5-2 upon our return after another week travel break so we are 5-1 in the 1st game back over our last 6 extended breaks. I guess their is a PoMo effect but it is the opposite to what you have suggested.

Well then, it looks like we're overdue for a post-break loss. :sarcasm:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Can never win in philly or Boston. Will be on a 3 game losing streak when they get home to play a team that have a hard time beating. Going to see what they are made of soon.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well then, it looks like we're overdue for a post-break loss. :sarcasm:
If you throw in the Xmas break we beat Chicago 3-1 in 2016, beat Edmonton 4-3 in 2017, but lost to Calgary in 2018 so that broke our extended break winning streak so we are back due for another winning streak :sarcasm:

But over all we have a very strong record coming off breaks over the last couple seasons (7-2).

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The games in Boston seem to be real tight but entertaining games.
Philly is anyone’s guess and it one of those teams that in my mind we don’t match up well against.
But that was then.
So we beat Philadelphia in regulation and beat Boston in OT

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I thought it was going into breaks we suck, planning holidays and all that :sarcasm:.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

I think we call what he said, “fake news”. :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope the Central gets utterly embarassed in the ASG so ultra competitive Scheif and Wheeler are extra ornery come Monday.
I can't cheer against our boys. I think this is actually the 1st time I'm looking forward to an All Star game.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Gritty, eh?

Gritty rhymes with.....

..rhymes with..

There's some poetry in here somewhere. :naughty::laugh:

DssqNdLU0AIxLLz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad