PRE GDT Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Everest said:
NOw THAT could be effective against some of the Canadian players...but when the killing spree gets to Nash...there will be a problem...Nash cannot be killed,not with heavy artillery,not with poison/toxins...nothing kills Nash. :yo:

I know! nobody can kill him! not until he have cured cancer etc.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
btw everest, aren't you american and not canadian?
Canadian...Alberta...how did you get American? Or are you just trying to bug me?

SChan*

Everest said:
Canadian...Alberta...how did you get American? Or are you just trying to bug me?

thought you cheered for USA vs Canada. Ok I was wrong, sorry.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
no matter how good he is, lundqvist is going to have to get help from his team against Canada...no goalie, no matter how good they are, can go it alone against the kind of firepower canada has

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Lets be nice...I respect Swedish hockey,I think you are great fans...and the game will be awesome tommorow.(is that Canadian enough for ya'?)

SChan*

Everest said:
Lets be nice...I respect Swedish hockey,I think you are great fans...and the game will be awesome tommorow.(is that Canadian enough for ya'?)

agreed :)

let's enjoy the game.

no matter how good he is, lundqvist is going to have to get help from his team against Canada...no goalie, no matter how good they are, can go it alone against the kind of firepower canada has

true, last year Lundqvist let in 5 goals against canada, but he has improved ALOT since, so I just hope he breaks his own record.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Everest said:

Yeah thats the spirit! :handclap: :cheers:

PS. sweden will KILL canada! :sarcasm:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
Yeah thats the spirit! :handclap: :cheers:

PS. sweden will KILL canada! :sarcasm:
That would be the shock of the tourney so far...besides maybe the Swiss and Russia earlier today. :eek:

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
wassup77 said:
What makes me think he's good? The way he've been playing lately?

Oh wait... I forgot... Canadians/Americans only look at statistics from the past and not actually at the games when they judge a player... :shakehead

With that said, if Swedes are so much smarter, why is Sundin a hero over there?

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
Seriously wassup, I don't know what you think you're doing, but you're coming across as well below impressive right now.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Last two years Sweden sent their olympic superstars to the Worlds (Forsberg,Sundin,Alfredsson,Lidstrom,Zetterberg) and still couldnt beat an average Canadian line up led by youngers (heatley and Bouwmeester). This year we have a much better line up than Sweden. We'll see what happens...

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
jcpenny said:
Last two years Sweden sent their olympic superstars to the Worlds (Forsberg,Sundin,Alfredsson,Lidstrom,Zetterberg) and still couldnt beat an average Canadian line up led by youngers (heatley and Bouwmeester). This year we have a much better line up than Sweden. We'll see what happens...

But you are forgetting the fact that Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Lidstrom and Zetterberg did not play good back then.

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
I think it'll be a pretty even game with Canada coming out on top. While I think Lundqvist will play as well, if not better, than Brodeur will, I don't see the rest of the Swedish team outplaying the Canadians.

I'm thinking it will be a low scoring game, maybe 2-1 Canada.

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
wassup77 said:
But you are forgetting the fact that Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Lidstrom and Zetterberg did not play good back then.

Who's fault is that?

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Is this the beginning of a Sweden-Canada rivalry?
If a non-NHL swedish squad beats Canada as a revenge for the past 2 gold medal losses, the rivalry could heat up pretty seriously between two hockey-proud countries.

I have faith in Brodeur, it's Hannan, Regehr and Jovanovski that worry me, along with our offence. Nash is good (I hear he's replaced Prince Charming in fairy tales) but where's the secondary scoring?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I made this PRE game day thread, since it has so many post already.
I'll make a new GDT later today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad