PRE GDT Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
Lundqvist outplayed Turco this year. So he did with Theodore.

You got a point, but Finland isn't 2nd rate. Well you just drew them.
Disagree...Finland is decent,but not compareable to Team Canada....stats go out the window against Canada...all you can hope for is a miraculous preformance from your goaltender and some very lucky bounces in front of Brodeur.

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
Riddarn said:
No, I think Rick Na.. Canada will be that good.
Riddarn said:
Rick Nash err.. I mean Canada wins by a score of 5 to 1
If that is supposed to be a clever way of saying that Rick Nash is carrying the team you might want to remember that no one on the Swedish team has more goals than Thornton or Morrison either.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
forget about the stats...Sweden HAS the best PK of all teams. I will never take this back. I don't care what you say. Sweden will humiliate Canadas powerplay...Rick Nash will cry like a baby and never play hockey again after seeing Swedens PK! :rant:
Actually...I think Canada has the best pk...if were going to throw stats out and look at things realistically...Maltby and Draper have forgotten more about the pk than the Swedes will EVER know! :hyper:

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
MykeAbner said:
If that is supposed to be a clever way of saying that Rick Nash is carrying the team you might want to remember that no one on the Swedish team has more goals than Thornton or Morrison either.

Jonathan Hedström has more goals than Morrison :biglaugh:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
MykeAbner said:

No, it was supposed to be a joke regarding the massive Rick Nash talk on these boards the last few days. Like the "Will Rick Nash cure Cancer" stuff and all that. I'm perfectly able to read the scoresheats.

SChan*

wassup77 said:
forget about the stats...Sweden HAS the best PK of all teams. I will never take this back. I don't care what you say. Sweden will humiliate Canadas powerplay...Rick Nash will cry like a baby and never play hockey again after seeing Swedens PK! :rant:

It's ok to thrashtalk abit, but seriously you have to stop being too cocky. This is Canada afterall. It's a good chance they lay the smackdown on us.

They have much better players on paper, but Sweden has played great as a team so far.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Everest said:
Actually...I think Canada has the best pk...if were going to throw stats out and look at things realistically...Maltby and Draper have forgotten more about the pk than the Swedes will EVER know! :hyper:

I think you are just underrating Sweden...You don't even know who Jörgen Jönsson and Peter Nordström is.

SChan*

wassup77 said:
I think you are just underrating Sweden...You don't even know who Jörgen Jönsson and Peter Nordström is.

I personally think they suck and have their best years behind them. This game is all about Lundqvist.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
SectionX said:
It's ok to thrashtalk abit, but seriously you have to stop being too cocky. This is Canada afterall. It's a good chance they lay the smackdown on us.

They have much better players on paper, but Sweden has played great as a team so far.

Yes I know that. But they think that Sweden is Norway or something... :teach:

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
wassup77 said:
Jonathan Hedström has more goals than Morrison :biglaugh:
I apologize. The information on the IIHF website must be out of date.

Riddarn said:
No, it was supposed to be a joke regarding the massive Rick Nash talk on these boards the last few days. Like the "Will Rick Nash cure Cancer" stuff and all that. I'm perfectly able to read the scoresheats.
Fair enough. Sorry for having to be cynical, but with some of the stuff that I've seen on the internet it is hard not to.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
Actually,I'm quite familiar with this 2nd level Swedish roster...I know Martin Brodeur has more NHL goals than a few Swedes... :amazed:

SChan*

wassup77 said:

Nah I don't think so. They got more respect for us than that.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
I personally think they suck and have their best years behind them. This game is all about Lundqvist.

Agreed. Jönsson & Nordström wasn't even the best PK unit in the SEL playoffs. Both Axelsson-Påhlsson and why not Johnsson-Andersson were ahead of them. And Wassup77, this swedish team has 2-3 players that on paper match those on the Canadian team. Please tone it down, it will be embarrasing enouhg tomorrow when they beat us.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
SectionX said:

I also think they suck. I don't even like them. But you can't deny that they have some skills in killing penalties...

SChan*

Everest said:
Actually,I'm quite familiar with this 2nd level Swedish roster...I know Martin Brodeur has more NHL goals than a few Swedes... :amazed:

yeah because it's really hard to have more NHL goals than anyone who hasn't played in NHL.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
Sweden is Sweden...Belarus is Belarus...but Canada...IS Canada.

SChan*

wassup77 said:
I also think they suck. I don't even like them. But you can't deny that they have some skills in killing penalties...

yes they have some skills in that, but swedish media overrate them for that. Let's see how they kill against Canada.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Riddarn said:
Agreed. Jönsson & Nordström wasn't even the best PK unit in the SEL playoffs. Both Axelsson-Påhlsson and why not Johnsson-Andersson were ahead of them. And Wassup77, this swedish team has 2-3 players that on paper match those on the Canadian team. Please tone it down, it will be embarrasing enouhg tomorrow when they beat us.

I don't care if they beat us. They will not shoot a single shot even close to our goal in PP!!! :rant:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
yeah because it's really hard to have more NHL goals than anyone who hasn't played in NHL.
Hmmm? I wonder why he they haven't played in the NHL? :sarcasm:

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
SectionX said:
yes they have some skills in that, but swedish media overrate them for that. Let's see how they kill against Canada.

yes, I think they will not just kill the penalties! they will kill the players!

SChan*

wassup77 said:
because NHL is overrated! actually SEL is way better than NHL! :teach:

well this season it was ;)

btu yeah let's not get too sarcastic.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
yes, I think they will not just kill the penalties! they will kill the players!
NOw THAT could be effective against some of the Canadian players...but when the killing spree gets to Nash...there will be a problem...Nash cannot be killed,not with heavy artillery,not with poison/toxins...nothing kills Nash. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad