PRE GDT Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ought to be the game of the tourney thus far.

If Canada doesn't get anything out of the rest of the team beyond Brodeur and the dynamic duo they could be in trouble.

SChan*

I have a good feeling about this game. Canada hasn't lost a WC game in years, this could be the time.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
I say:

2-2

1-0 Nash
1-1 Alfredsson
1-2 Kahnberg
2-2 Morrison

These teams have sucha damn good goalkeepers that I can't see them let by more than 2 each...

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I think we are 21-1-2 or something like that...I also think Martin Brodeur is going to make it very hard for Canada to be beaten at all in Austria. Tomorrow the Swedes will get a painful reminder of how hockey feels when the NHL is not in lockdown. Team Canada has dished out some big hits in every game...and will continue to be physical...irregardless of a few penalties. Heatley is ripe for a goal(or two) and Nash and Thornton are going to continue thir dominance of the tournament from now until the Gold Medals are around their necks.
I think we shut out Sweden...3-0 (at least)

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Everest said:
I think we are 21-1-2 or something like that...I also think Martin Brodeur is going to make it very hard for Canada to be beaten at all in Austria. Tomorrow the Swedes will get a painful reminder of how hockey feels when the NHL is not in lockdown. Team Canada has dished out some big hits in every game...and will continue to be physical...irregardless of a few penalties. Heatley is ripe for a goal(or two) and Nash and Thornton are going to continue thir dominance of the tournament from now until the Gold Medals are around their necks.
I think we shut out Sweden...3-0 (at least)

Don't break your arm while patting yourself in the back. Sweden 3-2.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
HF2002 said:
What makes you think he's that good?

What makes me think he's good? The way he've been playing lately?

Oh wait... I forgot... Canadians/Americans only look at statistics from the past and not actually at the games when they judge a player... :shakehead

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
The one guy that I think Sweden misses more than people realize...Freddy Modin...always very good at the Worlds. It will be interesting to see if Lundqvist can handle Team Canada...as we have ripped more than a few Swedish golatenders in the past.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Riddarn said:
No, I think Rick Na.. Canada will be that good.

Canada is good, especially on the PP. Just stay out of the box and I think you have a very good chance of winning this one.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Boucicaut said:
Canada is good, especially on the PP. Just stay out of the box and I think you have a very good chance of winning this one.

But on the other hand...Sweden has the best PK in the Championship

0 goals 15:54 mins shorthanded :innocent:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
wassup77 said:
What makes me think he's good? The way he've been playing lately?

Oh wait... I forgot... Canadians/Americans only look at statistics from the past and not actually at the games when they judge a player... :shakehead
Yeah, we're stupid that way. Imagine looking at stats and a player's history to gauge what type of player he is? Outrageous!

Next you're going to say that he's better than Turco. Again.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
wassup77 said:

It seems very good but they haven't been properly tested yet. Finland was not playing it's A-game, and the other two countries in the group are hardly close to the level of Canada.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:

That is a bloated stat that hinges on 2nd rate opposing powerplays...Sweden likely won't be taking penalties tommorow. :naughty: :naughty:

SChan*

HF2002 said:
Yeah, we're stupid that way. Imagine looking at stats and a player's history to gauge what type of player he is? Outrageous!

Next you're going to say that he's better than Turco. Again.

Lundqvist outplayed Turco this year. So he did with Theodore.

That is a bloated stat that hinges on 2nd rate opposing powerplays...Sweden likely won't be taking penalties tommorow.

You got a point, but Finland isn't 2nd rate. Well you just drew them.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Everest said:
That is a bloated stat that hinges on 2nd rate opposing powerplays...Sweden likely won't be taking penalties tommorow. :naughty: :naughty:

forget about the stats...Sweden HAS the best PK of all teams. I will never take this back. I don't care what you say. Sweden will humiliate Canadas powerplay...Rick Nash will cry like a baby and never play hockey again after seeing Swedens PK! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad