Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Game Tweets, Pens at Preds

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Same old, same old.

It would be nice to maybe see Maatta try his hand on the top unit. But, well... yeah.

No need to catch this one. Unless you like chips off the glass, badly-botched offensive "opportunities" and cringe-inducing powerplays.

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
This has the chance to be a very uplifting weekend for the Pens. We are playing a team much like us but in the other direction. The Preds have relied on defense and goal tending depth to win but now seem to be struggling just as we are with our offense. If the Pens can have a good game tonight peppering the Nashville back up and go into New Jersey tomorrow(Please I will be at that game, don't embarrass me, Pens) with confidence then I think they can go on one of those "let's disguise the fact that our team has no depth or coaching ability but score 50 goals" win streaks. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, to be honest. We will probably reclaim our first seed in the conference soon, but it might convince management that Bylsma is competent. It is painful to say, but I have this tiny want for them to lose so he will get fired :(

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yeah I don't think I'll be taking in tonight's game due to it being my moms bday. I doubt I'll miss much.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That is a good thing... I would rather have Letang out. Less mistakes.

I prefer the pp without Letand to be honest, 1st unit anyways. The guys up front always feel the need to give it back to him instead of concentrating taking it closer to the net or simply take a shot. It keeps going back to him and he keeps circling with the puck and killing the time for the other team

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Marek Mazanec is in goal today.

He has played two games this season (started only one of them, played 50+ in the other one though) and was above .900% every time. I don't see how that's a solvable quest for our offense. He's clearly hot right now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is Niskanen immune from getting Scratched?

yes

If Niskanen is playing, here are the pairs I'd like to see:

Maatta - Letang
Maatta - Martin
Maatta - Bortuzzo

If that's unreasonable:

Maatta - Letang
Orpik - Martin
Niskanen - Bortuzzo (this pairing will suck)

AND I WANT TO SEE ENGELLAND DRESSED AS 4TH-LINE FORWARD. IF ENGO IS DRESSED AS THE 6TH DMAN, IT'S BECAUSE BYLSMA IS A MORON (plz post pic here)

CAPS

penguins2946*

I'll believe that Maatta will play with Letang when I see it. Also, I'm thinking this is a hint that Maatta will get sent down to London once Scuderi comes back. The bottom-4 is set, just send Olli back to the OHL and replace him with Scuderi. I wouldn't be happy with that, but that's what I'm expecting.

A D core of:

Letang-Scuderi
Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Bortuzzo

Really isn't bad. Our D won't be the reason when we lose.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Bylsma Logic
Keep the same lines, it'll eventually click

Normal Persons Logic
We need to jump start Malkin, lets put him with a winger we know he's had success with and roll
Bennett - Crosby - Dupuis
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal (One of the best lines when Crosby was out extended periods of time)
Jokinen - Sutter - D'ags (Hey, this line has some carolina chemistry too!)
Glass - Vitale - Adams.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If you had one bad game and if you're one of the least experienced players (NHL games played), you get scratched.

If you have multiple bad games and are one of the more experienced players, your minutes increase and are never taken out of the lineup for any circumstance.

Luckily for Maatta, management backed themselves in a corner as well as the fact that he hasn't really had any bad games per-se.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Mazanec is also a right-handed catch goalie, which will really screw Dupuis up.

I expect THREE swings and misses tonight. Too bad three strikes and you're out doesn't apply to hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad