WJC: Pre-Game Talk • CAN/RUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
I'm so torn about this game.

On one hand I really don't want Canada to win, since a lot the posters on this forum are about as smug and arrogant as can be. On the other hand I don't want Russia to win either after taunting and flipping the Swedes off after the shootout last night.

Sweden clearly was the better team during the majority of the game against Canada, and that game could've easily ended up 5-1 if Lehner hadn't **** the bed.

Against Russia, Sweden were asleep during the first 40 minutes, and dominated the last period + overtime. And even though they were an embarrassment during the first two periods, they still outshot Russia with 20 shots in the game, and hit the goalpost twice (and once in the shootout) along with some extraordinary saves by the Russian goaltender.

My heart says: I was dreaming and the final is actually between Sweden vs USA;)

But my mind says that Russia won't have anything left in the tank for this one.
5-1 Canada.

Hi Nordic, I'm torn on the Swede-U.S. game for similar reasons. lol I mean I think Team Sweden has some great players and they've played really well in this tournament so I hate to see them go home without a medal. But at the same time, they did kind of piss off Canada with some comments but their coach apologized today so I can't really hold that against them. lol

On the other hand, I feel so bad for the American team because it seemed like they were abandoned by their home fans (as far as not showing up to support them) so I just feel like they deserve the Canadian support so that they can feel like they are playing to a home crowd at least once in this tournament (well as close to a home crowd as we can manage anyways.)

As for the Russians, as much as I love Team Canada, I think Team Russia could bring it and win the game, can't discount a talented team. Although I really want Canada to win gold, I wouldn't be disgraced by any means if we lost to Russia.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
We did last year. Anything can happen in a single game. Don't get cocky, the Russians have a good team.

Confident, not cocky. Vegas has us at -500 and I'm betting the farm on us. These boys rarely disappoint.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
When Sweden beat Canada I really thought they were the favourite, but from that point on it was all down hill. very disappointing for them.

We played a poor game. Did you see the Canada / U S game, when we knew it was win or go home. And that was the second day of back to back games.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Nothing is more entertaining than watching Russia play hockey when they are doing well. Rooting for them but wouldn`t be upset if they dont win.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Darn, just saw the stats TSN put up, Canada has
5 straight wins against Russia
3 times in Gold medal games
outscoring the Russians 27 - 11 in those 5 games.

Almost get the feeling this may stop soon. Afterall it can't go on forever, can it?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It's funny how Canadians accuse Swedes of being arrogant. There is nobody as arrogant as Canadians when it comes to hockey. Swedish players are usually models of humbleness and modesty. Lidstrom vs. Pronger. /discussion

Thanks for narrowing it down to two players.

How about instead of Pronger we use Bobby Orr or to keep it current...a guy like Nick Schultz, who is one of the best guys you could ever meet - hockey or not. Pure class, would give you the shirt off his back, and would never cheapshot anyone, ever. Now let's compare him to Ulf Samuelsson.

I think you also need to remember that there are 10 times more Canadians in the NHL, so that means we are allowed 10 d*****bags for every Swedish d*****bag.:laugh:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Will be a humiliating **** for the Russians. Not really interested in watching a Canadian circle jerk so NHL for me tonight.

Good luck for both teams and refs.

Davebo*

Thanks for narrowing it down to two players.

How about instead of Pronger we use Bobby Orr or to keep it current...a guy like Nick Schultz, who is one of the best guys you could ever meet - hockey or not. Pure class, would give you the shirt off his back, and would never cheapshot anyone, ever. Now let's compare him to Ulf Samuelsson.

Well stated!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Hopefully the boys bring their A game today. Anything less than Gold is a failure.

ah, they're a bunch of kids. Don't put that on their shoulders. They want it as bad as anyone, but they aren't failures if they lose. They should win, but stuff happens.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
My prediction: Russians are dominated by Canada's size, speed, cycle game and physical presence. The game is won by a lopsided score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad