GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 21 • Canada 4, Sweden 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The only thing you notice is everyone else whining when you win, and naturally theres no pattern or legit argument from their side because your sure its just, as you said, whining

More often than not it is whining.

Newsflash: the refs make bad calls against Canada too, and yet we win anyways ;)

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
On the other hand---NHL 'ready" --MARCUS FOLIGNO--again! The guy has figured out how to clone HOLMSTROM in screening goalies in front of the crease..He looks like a man among Jr. boys in coming out of the corners taking it to the net...HE looks "ready" for NHL style hockey..

Yeah, he's ready to be a fourth liner in the NHL!

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
More often than not it is whining.

Newsflash: the refs make bad calls against Canada too, and yet we win anyways ;)

Oh i didn't know, is it really that normal over there to spend more then a period combined on PK? For only one of the teams in each game ofcourse:sarcasm:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Oh i didn't know, is it really that normal over there to spend more then a period combined on PK? For only one of the teams in each game ofcourse:sarcasm:

Maybe your players should stop cheating then?

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/clip392560#clip392560

Check the 54 second mark. That's a blatant hold that puts Sweden down 2-men. Are you disputing that call? Because it's quite clear he's holding the Canadian players arm...which is called HOLDING.

The 1:17 mark shows the Canadian player CLEARLY in a vulnerable position, and a hit to the head. In the NHL that's a penalty nowadays too ;)

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
The refs are something that we all have to just deal with during the World Juniors, don't blame a loss on the refs.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Maybe your players should stop cheating then?

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/clip392560#clip392560

Check the 54 second mark. That's a blatant hold that puts Sweden down 2-men. Are you disputing that call? Because it's quite clear he's holding the Canadian players arm...which is called HOLDING.

The 1:17 mark shows the Canadian player CLEARLY in a vulnerable position, and a hit to the head. In the NHL that's a penalty nowadays too ;)

Woah your right, thats two solid calls, you sure told us all..:rolleyes:
Regardless of you repeating ur arguments even after answered i guess your right and im wrong? :handclap:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Woah your right, thats two solid calls, you sure told us all..:rolleyes:
Regardless of you repeating ur arguments even after answered i guess your right and im wrong? :handclap:

If you really believe that Sweden gets the shaft from every ref when playing Canada, why not just start a petition to get Hockey Sweden to stop coming to this tournament.

I'm sure not many people would really care if Sweden backed out.

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
If you really believe that Sweden gets the shaft from every ref when playing Canada, why not just start a petition to get Hockey Sweden to stop coming to this tournament.

I'm sure not many people would really care if Sweden backed out.

I would sign that petition just so I wouldn't have to listen to there annoying fans. :laugh:

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Canadian Announcers are biased as well. Pierre especially.

One more thing that springs to mind as a reason to why so many Swedes get mad and upset is that in Europe and especially in southern European football leagues there has actually been a quite a few cases of bribed reffs. Teamsthat have bribed the reffs have even gotten degraded a tier, getting to start a season with -10 points, and stripped from their titles because of it.

I don't have a clue if this has ever happened in any sport the U.S or in Canada. If so please englighten me.

Ribban

May 16, 2005
USA
Next step - The power of majority, no way you can win:shakehead enjoy your win

Smookie, it's about damn time you fold'em! Damn whiner.... You need to learn some hockey! Let me give you a brief lesson!

Last year there was this kid skating around elbowing people in the face when they were nowhere near the puck and weren't looking. That according to all these little maple leafs was nothing but good play, shouldn't be called, and if called, it was clearly an interefernce by the Swedish player, who should keep his damn face away from this dude's elbows. We were whiners for suggesting that it was dirty and dangerous play and should have been called, as this is just hockey, and we obviously don't get it... The damn IIHF went ahead and suspended him for two entire games afterwards.. Typically corrupt IIHF!... I mean when Hannula cosschecked Crosby in the head in the WCH a few years ago, they didn't do anything but popping champagne corks.... damn Euros!

I didn't understand until later that year, when the kid did it again. However, this time he took out a Canadian player, and there was an outrage?! He was suspended again, but not by the IIHF :huh:, and some of the fans (not the Swedish ones funny enough) called for severe suspension, as they kept babbeling about it not being an isolated incident (don't know why the Canadians got worked up then to tell you the truth, as they had just told everybody a month earlier here that it was a good standard play, happening in pick-up games all the time).

So, what you learn from this is that the actual action isn't the determining factor of whether its a penalty or not. It's who does it to whom. So quit your whining, will ya!?!?

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
First, Patrice Cormier didn't have a reputation as a dirty player. When he elbowed the Swede we assumed it was out of character, just a heat of a moment thing. He deserved to be suspended, however, during the play refs usually tend to focus on the play itself and not the surrounding areas. If a ref saw it, it would have been called 100%. Nothing you can do about it if it isn't seen. Secondly, when Cormier elbowed Tam, he has that "ditty player" labelled with him from the WJHC tournament. The fact that Tam was convulsing severly and was out for a good period of time added to the rage and fury from the fans. Youtube it if you didn't see it. The outcome was much more severe and the foul was much more blatant. In orth America we play with an edge, a chip and sometimes it gets carried away and gets a tad dirty. What happend to the Swede happens a lot over here, it's the way we play the game. (Well, certain players do, just something you get used to). I have seen games wayyyyyyy more biased that last nights game. To me it was called fairly, point out a penalty that was borderline... If the outcome was 4-1 Sweded I'm sure I wouldn't hear a word from you. Its just getting sickening everytime you guys lose to us, the refs, the refs, the refs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad