Confirmed with Link: Pratt hired as an Assistant Coach

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So he was the assistant of the Monsters last season who won the AHL.

Behind the bench as the fourth guy or?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's a decent amount of assistant coaches. Does anyone know his primary responsibilities in lake Erie?

Coached the D and PK with Lake Erie... also did video work.

There were rumors Pratt might get the AHL head job, maybe he prefered this? Maybe this is just the way for the Avs to get him in the organization?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
ois0bqfdpeyfhozp3s1u.jpg

Not excited. Never was a fan of his as a player, but oh well.

Considering the speed and quality of our D-men development, this means they should only have to hire about 16 more defensive coaches.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Further prove that this organization knows nothing about defense.

Nolan freakin Pratt? really?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know nothing about Pratt as a coach, but just because he wasn't a superstar player doesn't mean he won't be a good coach. I mean how may superstar players have turned out to be good coaches?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I know nothing about Pratt as a coach, but just because he wasn't a superstar player doesn't mean he won't be a good coach. I mean how may superstar players have turned out to be good coaches?

It's doesn't have to be a super star player, but I see the same trend with this organization, hire within or Joe Sacco type then bring them to the big club.

When they decide that Roy just isn't working out, I see more Sacco type bad coach replacements like Pratt. I'm not saying for certain that I know Pratt is a bad coach but he doesn't seem like anything special. This organization needs real coaches who actually know what it takes to win and I don't think that's Pratt.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's funny to read the comments about people not liking this mainly because they remember him not being a decent player. Being an average player doesn't mean you are a bad coach.

I'm willing to give him a chance and I know nothing about his coaching resume.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't know anything about him but hopefully he helps. I don't have any confidence in Roy, Army, or Farrish.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's doesn't have to be a super star player, but I see the same trend with this organization, hire within or Joe Sacco type then bring them to the big club.

When they decide that Roy just isn't working out, I see more Sacco type bad coach replacements like Pratt. I'm not saying for certain that I know Pratt is a bad coach but he doesn't seem like anything special. This organization needs real coaches who actually know what it takes to win and I don't think that's Pratt.

This (and your other post in this thread) are :help: worthy.

Job well done.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton

He played a whopping 46 games with the avs 16 years ago and you consider that hiring within.

You know absolutely nothing of him as a coach yet you are claiming he isn't anything special and doesn't know how to win? Why? Is it because he wasn't a great nhl player?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He played a whopping 46 games with the avs 16 years ago and you consider that hiring within.

You know absolutely nothing of him as a coach yet you are claiming he isn't anything special and doesn't know how to win? Why? Is it because he wasn't a great nhl player?

No, it's well known that great players don't make good coaches, Gretzky, Roy etc....No one really knows much about Pratt as a coach. Usually good coaches are recognized before they get jobs in the NHL. Like i said, i'm not saying Pratt is a bad or a good coach since i don't know, it just seems like another meh hire by this team

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So are they just going to roll with 3 on-ice assistants long term? What do you think will follow this move?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know much about Pratt either but having just coached a championship team is a good place to start, no?

Does any NHL team have 3 assistant coaches? Or is this going to be a somebody is going to vanish from the website soon kind of thing? I think that will happen one way or another but the question is if this is going to be sooner than later.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
wasn`t him being speculated as HC for the Rampage some time ago?

anyways, the only downside I see in this is that no one is getting the boot to open him place.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This seems like a McFarlane move but still a guy that both Sakic and Roy would be familiar with.

I'm happy with this if only to say that they acknowledge that the coaching needs to change and have different ideas get brought in.

I definitely think that the "hey everyone, let's block all shots" scheme needs to go, I think Farrish is probably at worst a decent assistant coach.

I have zero confidence in Tim Army who ran that tired PP scheme all season last year. We might suck defensively and in other areas but we should have enough skill up front to have a top-10 PP in the league. Not frikkin' 19th.

I can only hope that this means that Army gets "Shermanized" with the coffee-boy treatment and released once his contract is up.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
To be fair to any defensive coach in Colorado, you can't get Ferrari performance out of a beat up Volkswagon. Too be fair, given the cattle, we have probably achieved defensively what we should have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad