Line Combos: Practice - Prust/Pacioretty switch lines

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So basically in a nutshell the Habs defense is quite bad. :laugh:

Yes it is. Lacks a better mix. And as of now, we hope that it's a phase....but Markov looks so bad defensively, you do hope that you are ready to fix a, maybe, declining Markov. Then you have an overrated Gorges who shouldn't be paid that much, and the rest is average to say the least. But where are the punishing d-men? Where are the great transition guys.....Not on this team. We have Subban and Markov when he's in a great game mode. Emelin can be punishing, somehow he'd probably be if he'd be playing his good position and if he'd have some people to help him do it. It's an average defense at best.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Yes it is. Lacks a better mix. And as of now, we hope that it's a phase....but Markov looks so bad defensively, you do hope that you are ready to fix a, maybe, declining Markov. Then you have an overrated Gorges who shouldn't be paid that much, and the rest is average to say the least. But where are the punishing d-men? Where are the great transition guys.....Not on this team. We have Subban and Markov when he's in a great game mode. Emelin can be punishing, somehow he'd probably be if he'd be playing his good position and if he'd have some people to help him do it. It's an average defense at best.

Agree on all account.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not a fan...
Maxpac needs to be playing ~20min/night, don't think the kids are ready for that, which means either lots of in-game line shifting or less minutes for a guy that should be among our team leaders in ice time.

Not a problem. He can play 15 min with the Gallys and 5 min spelling Prust with DD and Cole.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nice to see that Eller has been the 2nd best centre these past few games and hasn't been rewarded for it. I guess "no excuses" only applies to certain players.
lol.. we only have 5 players out of 9 on the top-3 lines playing well (and one of them should be a 4th liner anyway).

Four guys are so freaking bad so far this year and Eller still gets shafted. Eller sucked for the first few games but his last game on DD's wing and every game since he's been a Top-5 forward on the club.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Don't understand why Eller isn't in Prust's place. Much better option than Prust. I know Mike tried it earlier this season and it didn't pan out too well, but one or two shifts doesn't mean it wont work.

One or two games with that line, heck even 3-5. I'm sure it's going to be alot better than the Pacioretty/Desharnais/Cole line for 10 games.

The rest of the lines are fine. I'd just switch Prust and Eller.
Pacioretty with Chucky and Gally is promising! These guys were terrific with a average skilled Prust, it'll be exciting to see them with Pacioretty!

Just keep the lines.. please that's all I ask.

Habtchum*

Bring up Tinordi and sit either Bouillon or Diaz IMO.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Tinordi
Bouillon-Emelin

Tinordi is not NHL ready yet.

Just package something with Weber, Kaberle or/and a pick to get a big strong bottom pairing d-man

Habtchum*

Don't understand why Eller isn't in Prust's place. Much better option than Prust. I know Mike tried it earlier this season and it didn't pan out too well, but one or two shifts doesn't mean it wont work.

One or two games with that line, heck even 3-5. I'm sure it's going to be alot better than the Pacioretty/Desharnais/Cole line for 10 games.

The rest of the lines are fine. I'd just switch Prust and Eller.
Pacioretty with Chucky and Gally is promising! These guys were terrific with a average skilled Prust, it'll be exciting to see them with Pacioretty!

Just keep the lines.. please that's all I ask.

I would had been more drastic with the lines.

Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher

MaxPac - Eller - Gionta

Gally - DD - Prust

Moen - White - COLE

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Il était tard, mais Cole a empoigné son téléphone pour envoyer un message-texte à ses coéquipiers.

«Je leur ai dit: les gars, c'est notre premier passage à vide de la saison et toutes les équipes vont en vivre, a-t-il raconté à La Presse. Je leur ai promis d'être meilleur. Mais je leur ai aussi dit que je m'attendais à ce que tout le monde prenne le même engagement.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...cyberpresse_B20_en-manchette_677_section_POS1

He realizes he isn't playing well. He's not a stupid player, I think he'll come around. A player doesn't go from 30+ goals to half that without reason.

Anyway we all know he's a slow starter, he should pick it up sooner or later.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Only one ?

They need a major shake up.

They had one AWFUL game.
ONE.
UNO.

No reason to just shake every line because they couldn't score goals in ONE GAME.

If they don't score until Saturday, then a shake up makes somewhat sense. But ruinning every line? Common man.

Habtchum*

Worst... Line-up.... Ever......

Each one of the top three lines have complimentary talent and sizes.

DD centering a third line against weaker opposition makes sense this year.

Eller's fanboys would be happy to see him centering a top two line with two offensive minded guys.

I am not too keen having the two raw rookies - the Gallys - on the same line, neither.

Last edited by a moderator:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Tinordi is not NHL ready yet.

Just package something with Weber, Kaberle or/and a pick to get a big strong bottom pairing d-man

I remember reading a tweet from Stubbs or somthing, citing MT I think, saying Tinordi was the toughest to cut.

IMO I couldn't be surprised to get a late season call up, if some moves are made, ex Kaberle/Weber traded.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz/Bouillon

Habtchum*

I remember reading a tweet from Stubbs or somthing, citing MT I think, saying Tinordi was the toughest to cut.

IMO I couldn't be surprised to get a late season call up, if some moves are made, ex Kaberle/Weber traded.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz/Bouillon

If they cannot find a guy with size and experience via a trade, then, maybe.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
way to panic therrien.everyone knows that line combos are directly related to EFFORT.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011

i was really hoping the habs would land allen in the offseason.been a rock in ana too.woulda been a perfect fit here.i guess boo will have to do.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
It's as much a matter of getting him on the ice more, as it is keeping other fwds ice time limited.

MP is our best winger, or should be, with a roster so thin on winger skill & depth, it's foolish to play him sub-18min/game imo

He's still going to get plenty of time. I think Therrien will start using the new Galchenyuk line as the second power play unit. Basically he's just cutting Desharnais and Cole's minutes everywhere until they wake up, if ever.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
way to panic therrien.everyone knows that line combos are directly related to EFFORT.

He's not panicking. He's simply reacting to what he sees. Gallagher and Galchenyuk are creating more offense than Cole and Desharnais, so he's throwing them a bone. Pacioretty is our best scorer, so Therrien is putting him in a position to succeed. It all makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad