Line Combos: Practice - Prust/Pacioretty switch lines

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Wtf else does Eller have to do to get a chance on a real line with at least one player who can actually stickhandle?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not much of a change but I'm looking forward to seeing Pacioretty play with the kids.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Wtf else does Eller have to do to get a chance on a real line with at least one player who can actually stickhandle?

Does not hate it, Eller starts in 4th line, he'll get the chance to play in a top line during the game. He is the joker card

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
The team needs to put Gorges and Subban back together. And have them face other teams top line. Markov has been great, but have him and Emelin face other teams 2nd lines.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Per several reporters on twitter, lines this morning:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Glad to see pacioretty play with the gally's it'll be interesting to see how this line does.

On another note I feel really bad for eller, it doesn't look like there's any room for him to move up in the centre position unless there's a trade or desharnais gets moved to the wing.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
The team needs to put Gorges and Subban back together. And have them face other teams top line. Markov has been great, but have him and Emelin face other teams 2nd lines.

I disagree I think Markov has been struggling the past 3 games which is indicative as to why we've lost 3 in a row.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Il était tard, mais Cole a empoigné son téléphone pour envoyer un message-texte à ses coéquipiers.

«Je leur ai dit: les gars, c'est notre premier passage à vide de la saison et toutes les équipes vont en vivre, a-t-il raconté à La Presse. Je leur ai promis d'être meilleur. Mais je leur ai aussi dit que je m'attendais à ce que tout le monde prenne le même engagement.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...cyberpresse_B20_en-manchette_677_section_POS1

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I disagree I think Markov has been struggling the past 3 games which is indicative as to why we've lost 3 in a row.

What is it that you disagree with? That Markov has been great? Because he has been great overall, but yes he has struggled last few games, that is why I suggested to put Gorges and Subban together to be the top pairing instead of Markov and Emelin...

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Subban-Bouillon

remain the D pairings. I don't like it.

Give Gorges and Subban #1 defensive duties already.

I could have just quoted this post.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

To be honest the Boston game would've been totally different if we had Gorges/Subban out against the Krejci line instead of Markov and Emelin. They got burnt two times in a row leading to goals and would've been nice having those two out to finish the game against Buffalo.. I love Markov but I'd rather have Subban out protecting a lead at the end of game.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
A win next game would have the team 7-4-1, pretty damn good if you ask me, good for 5th in the East.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
A win next game would have the team 7-4-1, pretty damn good if you ask me, good for 5th in the East.

And a loss brings us to 6-5-1, pretty damn mediocre if you ask me. :laugh:

Pretty close to what I thought we would be at the start of the year, roughly a .500 team.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
To be honest the Boston game would've been totally different if we had Gorges/Subban out against the Krejci line instead of Markov and Emelin. They got burnt two times in a row leading to goals and would've been nice having those two out to finish the game against Buffalo.. I love Markov but I'd rather have Subban out protecting a lead at the end of game.

I just don't get why they haven't put them back to together. They were great last year, why mess with something that is working, this also goes to the pk system, seems a lot different, it was 2nd best in the league, why change it.

Plus Bouillon Diaz would be a decent 3rd pairing with how they played this year.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
The one who played well go on the first line, the one who payed bad go on the third line. Seems fair to me.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Per several reporters on twitter, lines this morning:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Unfortunately, the same defence pairings.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Eller-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Prust-Armstrong/White

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon/Kaberle-Diaz/Weber

Would be my line-up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad