Practice (5-22) Lines - Penner up to 2nd -Brown down, cliffy up

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Brown really has been lousy of late (although is linemates have been no better). If Williams continues to stink and turnover pucks constantly, they should move Toffoli to the top line and demote Williams.

Or switch Brown and Williams. Put Brown back on the right side with Kopi and have Williams play on the third.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
We've seen Clifford with Kopitar once or twice this season, for brief stretches, when he got off to the hot start. He does ok for a stretch, digging out pucks, creating space, but doesn't have the hands or the shot that Brown does. I'd imagine Sutter will swap Clifford and Brown sometime in the 2nd, maybe in the 1st, and Brown will have gotten the message, simplified his game, and they'll be off.

Hate to ***** about the officiating (it is what it is), but cripes. In Game 3 Regehr gets his stick up in the hands area of a Shark skating through the slot near the crease, boom! Hooking. Fair enough.

Kopitar skates through the same area last night with Stuart wrapped all over him, Kopitar gets the shot away despite the gorilla on his back, then Stuart finishes the play by grappling Kopitar down to the ice. The call? The Kings' guest Twitterer has to apologize for a pretty awful tweet.

KingKopitar11*

Really don't like the first line. Really think toffoli should be up there. Ugh. Atlast the 2nd line is together. Really hate the first. Browns been better than Williams.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
like i said the lineup should definitely be;

BROWN - KOPITAR - TOFFOLI
PENNER - RICHARDS - CARTER
CLIFFORD - LEWIS - WILLIAMS
KING - RICHARDSON - NOLAN

SCUDERI - DOUGHTY
REGEHR - VOYNOV
GREENE - MARTINEZ
MUZZIN

QUICK

anything other than this, is a disappointment for me

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Good. I'm a big Brown fan but he's done nothing but sit and hope the puck comes to him in the offensive end. He seems very complacent and that's a terrible trait of the guy who is supposed to be leading the team out to battle.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Some of Kopitar's slumpbusters have been alongside the grinders in years past. There was one shift last night where he was out there in place of Fraser, I thought he looked pretty alive with his new wingmates.

The part where he tried to stickhandle the puck into the net?

:badidea:

KingKopitar11*

SCUDERI - DOUGHTY
REGEHR - VOYNOV
GREENE - MARTINEZ
MUZZIN

QUICK

This is a really good line up

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

SCUDERI - DOUGHTY
REGEHR - VOYNOV
GREENE - MARTINEZ
MUZZIN

QUICK

I definitely prefer this line over Sutter's line. King should either be sitting or on the 4th line, and there's no way Clifford deserves to be on the 1st line. Brownie will probably end up being back on the top line before the game is over.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

SCUDERI - DOUGHTY
REGEHR - VOYNOV
GREENE - MARTINEZ
MUZZIN

QUICK

This makes too much sense, so no.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

SCUDERI - DOUGHTY
REGEHR - VOYNOV
GREENE - MARTINEZ
MUZZIN

QUICK

i hope i am wrong, but you will probably be in for lineup disappointment, as i'd like to see nolan and martinez in there as well, but it doesn't appear to be happening,

AMart is pure offense, and this is what the team needs, and nolan is a checker/banger, what the 4th line needs, as there is nothing like a good hard check, besides a goal, to get a team going,

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Doesn't matter where you put anyone if Kopitar/Brown/Williams continue to play without a pulse.

The only forwards that are showing life is Penner/Richards/Carter.

So it doesn't matter where you play Brown ETC. He has to show up first, then Sutter can decide where to play him.

The entire Forward core has been bad since the playoff's started.

The only thing keeping the Kings in these game is Quick, and the Defense.

Brown and Williams had ZERO shots on net combined in game four.

So we can complain about the lineup all we want, but a big reason Sutter has to constantly change it is ; the Forward core not showing up consistently.

Hell maybe splitting up Brown/Williams will let them exploit a bad match-up.

See if Brown/Williams take advantage.

I would like too see everyone back to their natural positions.

Penner/Kopitar/Brown
Clifford/Carter/Williams
Lewis/Richards/Toffoli
King/Richardson/Nolan

That gives each line a fore-Checker/Speed and a Finisher.

All Centers are playing natural position. Lewis is the only guy that would need to adjust.

Also makes the Kings strong down the middle again. If worried about Richardson at Center, switch Lewis with him.

Last edited:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I want a reporter to ask Sutter why he's not playing Martinez. To ask Sutter if he knows the Kings are 6-0 with Martinez in the lineup and 0-4 without him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I want a reporter to ask Sutter why he's not playing Martinez. To ask Sutter if he knows the Kings are 6-0 with Martinez in the lineup and 0-4 without him.

Do people really think his 12 minutes a night are making that big of a Difference ?

If the Kings playoff hopes rest on a guy that has been awful 5 on 5, and plays 12 minutes a night (sheltered minutes).

Then the Kings should not even be in the playoff's.

If we are going to take that stance on records , Than Quick should not have seen a game every again after Johnny B was 9-0 in his first Nine starts.

Want Muzzin to sit right ? Well the Kings are 6-0 when Muzzin plays over 18 Mins a night....

Sooooo. Kidding LOL, but the Kings have won all those games with Muzzin playing 16+ minutes a night.

I think the 6-0 Record had more to do with playing 7 D men.

Everyone played lower minutes. Sutter may have to do that again.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For what it's worth I think the Penner-Richards-Carter line should play the most even strength minutes (i.e top line). I think they have earned the right to play the most minutes.

As long as one of the other guys from the former top line produces on their new line, in addition to that Richards line playing like our best one, we should be fine in the games ahead of us this series.

dogyekcoh*

DS has the last change, pretty sure we will see more of Kopi against JT tomorrow at Staples. Sutter started out game 1 with the Richards line against JT but quickly switched to Kopitar or Stoll.

Kings are much better off matching Richards against Couture

Agreed. At home we have the last change, and I am sure Kopi will be on Thornton.
Now, for game 6, the Sharks will have the last change. Therefore, I would have Carter playing center instead of Richards. Richards is too small and Penner is too slow to cover Thornton. However, Carter has a decent size and quickness to cover Thornton. With Kopitar, Carter, Lewis and Fraser we have a decent size and quickness at center to battle the Sharks.
On D, I really worry about Voynov. The past two games at the Tank, Voynov was exploited by Thornton quickness and reach. He is out match. Some how DS needs to have Greeners out there against Thornton line. The little guys like Voynov and Richardson just getting killed out there with Burns and Thornton.
This is my observation and I know it doesn't mean squat.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00