Practice (5-22) Lines - Penner up to 2nd -Brown down, cliffy up

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 9m New lines at Kings practice. Brown now with Lewis and King. Clifford with Kopitar/Williams. Penner with Richards/Carter.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3m No changes on D at #LAKings practice.

Good to finally see Penner up on the 2nd. I think that will really help that line.

I hope that that effort in the 3rd last night is something that the team takes to heart. going uip 3-0 last year in every round was an anomaly. You have to put in a full 60 or close to it to win.
They showed in that last period that they can do that, esp the top 2 lines. The Kings need both producing to be effective.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Good. They needed to break that top line up, if they didn't, we'd be riding it all the way out of the playoffs. Dunno if Clifford with Kopi will work though.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm really hoping this is true, why was it removed? Sutter should consider letting Penner cover Thornton cause Richards is just not big enough. I know hes not a center but maybe they can make it work :/ Richards or Carter can still take the draws.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm really hoping this is true, why was it removed? Sutter should consider letting Penner cover Thornton cause Richards is just not big enough. I know hes not a center but maybe they can make it work :/ Richards or Carter can still take the draws.

DS has the last change, pretty sure we will see more of Kopi against JT tomorrow at Staples. Sutter started out game 1 with the Richards line against JT but quickly switched to Kopitar or Stoll.

Kings are much better off matching Richards against Couture

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I haven't seen anything about the defensive pairs, but here are the lines:

Sutter mixes up lines again. King-Lewis-Brown, Penner-Richards-Carter, Clifford-kopitar-williams, richardson-Fraser-Toffoli

King-Lewis-Brown?

Kopitar with Clifford?

Not sure what to think, I do like Penner back up on MR line

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Scored a grand total of Four 5 on 5 goals this series, have to do something.

The Kings almost had quadruple that number last year by this time.

Penner/Richards/Carter is the top line.

Everyone has lost their game or playing like garbage.

Sutter may want to keep Browns minutes down even more, keep his energy level up high.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
King-Lewis-Brown?

Kopitar with Clifford?

Not sure what to think, I do like Penner back up on MR line

I don't see how this helps, but I suppose Sutter has to try something.

The Kings are really feeling the loss of Stoll.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if King=Lewis _Brown is a muscle line? Maybe DS wants them out on Thorton's line as a shut down line only. Leaving the top 2 lines to not have that unsightly task and maybe have more time in the O zone.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Sounds good to me, just PLEASE put Martinez in, please please please, our record speaks for itself with him playing...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wonder if King=Lewis _Brown is a muscle line? Maybe DS wants them out on Thorton's line as a shut down line only. Leaving the top 2 lines to not have that unsightly task and maybe have more time in the O zone.

As long as it leads to putting the puck in the net before a whistle I will be happy.
Last nights game was such a **** show. Bad call on the Sharts second goal, the whistled off goal, than a bunch of make up calls that we could not capitalize on. Just disappointing. If the refs let the players play I like our odds.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Some of Kopitar's slumpbusters have been alongside the grinders in years past. There was one shift last night where he was out there in place of Fraser, I thought he looked pretty alive with his new wingmates.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Can't hurt, might as well load up with all the firepower on one line. Sucks that our fourth line is such a mess, I remember last year when it was the catalyst for so many good plays by just cycling the puck over and over and punishing d-men.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Brown really has been lousy of late (although is linemates have been no better). If Williams continues to stink and turnover pucks constantly, they should move Toffoli to the top line and demote Williams.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Good. Sutter is probably showing them the disastrous first period.

As well he should on the biggest screen he can find.
That was the worst 20 minutes I've seen them play. If we had to suffer that pain watching, so should they.

have they said what stoll's injury is?

No, officially it's 'upper body' I read on in an out of town article a couple days ago that 'sources ' close to the Kings said he was being treated for a neck injury. Of course the 'sources' might not be accurate. But the way he was hit, it could be.

Whatever it is...hopefully he's getting better.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I bet the Kings first too many men on the ice penalty is 12 minutes into the first. Who's calling over/under?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sutter said in a recent interview that Stoll was following the protocol. He has a concussion, obviously.

Captain Mittens*

No, officially it's 'upper body' I read on in an out of town article a couple days ago that 'sources ' close to the Kings said he was being treated for a neck injury. Of course the 'sources' might not be accurate. But the way he was hit, it could be.
This what I love about this place. You have 20 other Kings fans reading papers and passing on the info you wanna know

Thanks deesham! :clap:

Sutter said in a recent interview that Stoll was following the protocol. He has a concussion, obviously.

Will he be back by Christmas?

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Along with Allison and Deadmarsh, yes. Allison may be back in time to play in Game 5 and they can really use him in the lineup against Thornton.

Oh WoW! Allison and Deadmarsh is coming back!! We sure do really need the boost......:p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad