Post-Game Talk: PP not working? MOAR DAVEY!! Habs lose 3-2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I tend to agree with this.

I give the DSP trade one more year. I think it was a gamble for a potential PF, and MB is willing to see DSP bust.

It is looking like a bad gamble so far in terms of DSP.

You have to give to get, and I think they felt they could cover the loss of 35 points from Sekac from Hudon and the like.

If DSP busts and Sekac becomes consistent 40 Point 3rd line, then it's a stinker.

This is my take on the whole deal and perhaps why it leaves some perplexed...
I could see Sekac filling a top six role with this club on an interim basis and perhaps filling a gap currently held down by PAP. :help: ...
DSP not a chance.

While I was one who called for a couple of 225'ers on the wing and wasn't shocked. What i don't understand is the missing part of the transaction where we add a Jagr type to make up for the lack of flexibility DSP brings? :shakehead

Unless that piece is with the Bulldogs?

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Did you not watch the game? On several "power-plays" Subban missed the net , causing the puck to exit the zone. For 9 mil I'd expect more from these overpaid players.

I watched the game.

There are 10 reasons before Subban's accuracy that explains this loss.

Namely:

-PP zone entry and puck distribution
-DD+PAP on a same line does NOT work
-The refusal from the players (induced by the coach?) to sustain any kind of puck pressure to retrieve previously lost pucks in the O-zone
-Lars Eller being given 4th line duties because he does well
-The absence of the General
-The absence of the Chosen One
-The absence of a brain in the coache's skull (sorry, too good to pass up, I put myself on a Tee here :P )
-Pacioretty's average game
-Tokarski

I gave you 9, but you get the picture.

Oh I just remembered this is our 2nd game in 24 hours. This is the tenth reason. Heavy legs in hockey is always a factor, even against lottery teams.

I wish you good night.

68*

It is. Worst goalie the Habs ever had.

The team managed to keep the shots to a bare minimum (with *18!*) and he STILL let in 2 goals. And then 2 more in the shootout.

Half the time, he doesn't know where the puck is. He always crouches in his net, playing like he's a midget instead of taking up room. And gets beat 1-on-1 on most shots. And predictably horrid in the shootouts.

Honestly, I hope the Habs have a plan established to get rid of him and get a veteran goaltender with a shot at winning a game occasionally because Tokarski is synonymous with losing.
No. He sucked but the PP is to blame. 5 min PP, the 5 on 3, 4 on 3 in OT. No excuses.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I watched the game.

There are 10 reasons before Subban's accuracy that explains this loss.

Namely:

-PP zone entry and puck distribution
-DD+PAP on a same line does NOT work
-The refusal from the players (induced by the coach?) to sustain any kind of puck pressure to retrieve previously lost pucks in the O-zone
-Lars Eller being given 4th line duties because he does well
-The absence of the General
-The absence of the Chosen One
-The absence of a brain in the coache's skull (sorry, too good to pass up, I put myself on a Tee here :P )
-Pacioretty's average game
-Tokarski

I gave you 9, but you get the picture.

Oh I just remembered this is our 2nd game in 24 hours. This is the tenth reason. Heavy legs in hockey is always a factor, even against lottery teams.

I wish you good night.
I didn't say Subban was the reason for the loss. He can play better for what he is paid.
But hey, I agree with all of your excuses, err points.

DD51*

Kind of sad Letang is the only "elite" Quebecois player in the league. Beauchemin, Vlasic and St. Louis are up there as well but aging.

What about Bergeron, Huberdeau, Brassard ....?

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I didn't say Subban was the reason for the loss. He can play better for what he is paid.
But hey, I agree with all of your excuses, err points.

They are excuses for sure.

But hey, I am not paid by the team to provide result.
I'm at home watching them on TV.

I'm disappointed by the product. Subban clearly wasn't at his usual level, that I agree with you full heartedly.

But we could have won without trouble with Subban playing one of his 5 worst games in the season. That we didn't saddens me.

EDIT: @etnicay (1 post below me): Yup, I agreed with him in this post. Just that I don't think his bad play was remotely the cause for losing us the game.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
It is. Worst goalie the Habs ever had.

The team managed to keep the shots to a bare minimum (with *18!*) and he STILL let in 2 goals. And then 2 more in the shootout.

Half the time, he doesn't know where the puck is. He always crouches in his net, playing like he's a midget instead of taking up room. And gets beat 1-on-1 on most shots. And predictably horrid in the shootouts.

Honestly, I hope the Habs have a plan established to get rid of him and get a veteran goaltender with a shot at winning a game occasionally because Tokarski is synonymous with losing.

WOW. Last night Price faced NINETEEN and let in FOUR! CLEARLY on the goalie. Jesus man. Oh forgot, he also let in the game winner in the shootout.......damn goalies

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Ridiculously bad power play, for 9 mil Subban should be able to hit the net and you just knew Tokarski was going to lose in the shoot-out. Just put the puck above his shoulder where there's nothing but net. He's too small for this league. If Price doesn't stand on his head this team will not get past the first round.

Yeah, it's all on Subban, just trade him already, because all he does is ruin our PP.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Yeah, it's all on Subban, just trade him already, because all he does is ruin our PP.
I didn't say it was all on Subban. I said for 9 mil he should be able to hit the net , at least with more accuracy than Pateryn. Also someone other than Gallagher should be screening the g-damn net. Bunch of yellow-bellies letting the little guy get the brunt of abuse.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Like I said earlier in the year, this is the first time I'm not even mad to not even watch the games.

This is one sad team to watch play except for a couple of players.

As long as Therrien and DD are here, my love for the habs is dropping each game..

Couldn't have said it any better. I watched almost every Habs games since 2000, and this is by far the most boring and uninteresting edition of the bunch. I remember having more fun watching teams full of scrubs like Murray, Downey, Samsonov etc. And it's not normal because we have amazing players, but this team is so badly coached it's not even funny.

MT, his ''system'' and his baby boy DD are draining my interest for this team game after game. Yup, not so long ago I wouldn't miss a single game in a season, it's far from being the case this year.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I love Montreal we have over 100+ points been horrible Tampa still hasnt caught us and it's meltdown best hockey city in the world how do people even call Toronto the hockey mecca pffft

We just know hockey more this regular season stuff is not what we want im hoping everyones taking it easy right now and not playing like this out of some funk Pricer gonna get us a cup again sometime soon?

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Couldn't have said it any better. I watched almost every Habs games since 2000, and this is by far the most boring and uninteresting edition of the bunch. I remember having more fun watching teams full of scrubs like Murray, Downey, Samsonov etc. And it's not normal because we have amazing players, but this team is so badly coached it's not even funny.

MT, his ''system'' and his baby boy DD are draining my interest for this team game after game. Yup, not so long ago I wouldn't miss a single game in a season, it's far from being the case this year.

This. The team is boring to watch. There is no creativity on the ice. The lack of quality forwards drafted by Timmons and GMs past and present is inexcusable. As well, we have an idiot running the show and a first line centre that should be in the AHL. Put Eller there or Galchenyuk. They cant do any worse than DD who wont crack fifty this season. Pathetic if you ask me.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I didn't say it was all on Subban. I said for 9 mil he should be able to hit the net , at least with more accuracy than Pateryn. Also someone other than Gallagher should be screening the g-damn net. Bunch of yellow-bellies letting the little guy get the brunt of abuse.

Imo, the problem Subban has on the PP is that whenever he sees no traffic in front of the net he tries to pick corners with his shots or to put it high-blocker side. I believe if we had PP units, let's say a Galchenyuk-Eller-Pacioretty unit, where Eller would screen the goalie, Galchenyuk would be on the half wall playmaking, and Pacioretty would be around the hash marks waiting to snipe it would improve our PP tenfold, including Subban's accuracy, because we would have more options that would open up more shooting lanes for him.

In any case, I don't believe Subban was the problem with today's PP.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Panelists say that the Habs rely too much on Price. It's not that they do, it's cause Tokarski sucks so much. It's a 100% sure we lose when he's there. Even when the Habs play well, it's a lost cause.

Worst non-decision in current memory: MB not getting another goalie at the TDL.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto

This. The team is boring to watch. There is no creativity on the ice. The lack of quality forwards drafted by Timmons and GMs past and present is inexcusable. As well, we have an idiot running the show and a first line centre that should be in the AHL. Put Eller there or Galchenyuk. They cant do any worse than DD who wont crack fifty this season. Pathetic if you ask me.

The sad part is it's so true, they play such a bland brand of Hockey, it's boring & so frustrating trying to watch small/talented players dump & chase, seeing DD hand picked for every scenario by Therrien, it's sickening, they'll score twice, give us some hope of something exciting them just stop & invite all the pressure on themselves, that's not a good defensive system, theres so little margin for error for Carey, this team can be so much better & not relient on Price if MT decided to impose a decent system, the worst part is that it doesn't even look like the players are having fun playing anymore.

Nynja*

Get rid of that **** DD.

Worst.

WTF IS HE DOING IN THE SHOOTOUT?!??!!?

Yes, Habs had a 5 minute PP, 30 seconds of 5v3, and a full 2 minutes of 4v3 in OT, on top of the other 3 penalties that they failed to score on, but you're putting this on Tikker.

It shouldnt have gotten to a ****ing shootout to begin with.

Panelists say that the Habs rely too much on Price. It's not that they do, it's cause Tokarski sucks so much. It's a 100% sure we lose when he's there. Even when the Habs play well, it's a lost cause.

Worst non-decision in current memory: MB not getting another goalie at the TDL.

You too, put the blame where it belongs: the inept PP.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
my observations from tonight's game:

- tokarski is a 1st save goalie. he's often good at making that first save. but if there's a rebound, forget about it. he's swimming around, loses the puck, he's out of position. he's the worst i've ever seen at the NHL level in this regard. is this something teachable? Carey certainly got better at it, but this would be quite the project...

- good game by the JDLR-DSP line, but yet again, no points :help:

- I saw a great game by PK Subban, don't know what some of you are talking about it :shakehead

- that devils fan at the end of regulation was cute :naughty:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I cannot absolutely believe, where we are in the standings, DESPITE the midget and the coach

we could be a SCARY team if those 2 problems whould just somehow miraculously get fixed

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I cannot absolutely believe, where we are in the standings, DESPITE the midget and the coach

we could be a SCARY team if those 2 problems whould just somehow miraculously get fixed

maybe some kind of "hockey work" camp? Taking the puck to the net will make you free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad