PP, Ference, and Purcell get the win for the caps.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm not sure if you got my point. When a goalie is going down every time prematurely this means he CAN'T move across on any play. Meaning Caps were looking at that and looking for across seams all night.

Conversely if a goalie is moving across well and being square to the puck most of the time it takes a lot away on its own.

nobody shuts down the Caps and the Oilers didn't have a hope in hell of doing so. You limit the damage at best. But Nillson didn't do anything to do that.
You are complaining about things that Scrivens would do constantly every game but Nilsson at least has size to make up for it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly this is the type of score I expected out of this club the past couple years. Some potentially are way and some against. With no defense, little experience in net and an offense that thinks offense first this is what should and will happen at times

EliteOilers

Oct 12, 2015
Exhibiting amateur fundamentals is having an "Off night"

I'm not aware pro goalies completely forget fundamentals in one game. As you stated he's played the same way other nights. Which doesn't fill me with confidence.

This guy is big, and nothing else.

He had no chance on at least 4 of the 6 goals. Not saying he played well, but he hasn't shown to be nearly as bad as you suggest yet.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He had no chance on at least 4 of the 6 goals. Not saying he played well, but he hasn't shown to be nearly as bad as you suggest yet.

Your definition of no chance is odd. I think Talbot would have at least stopped 3-4 of those and has.

I think we're so used to **** goaltending here that we don't expect any better.

This was an absolutely brutal game by a goalie. 6 goals on 17 shots in 30mins would be the end of a goalie on a lot of teams. just saying

McDeathbyCheerios*

Find one game ever where Scrivens let in 6 goals in 30 mins here on 17 shots.

Find one.

Everytime caps had the puck I expected another goal.
I can't because usually we would pull the goalie cause we would be down by 3-4.

In my phone and won't let me copy and paste. He allowed 2 goals on 3 shots against Arizona and got pulled.

He allowed 5 goals on 13 ****ing shots against the blackhawks in 22 minutes.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I can't because usually we would pull the goalie cause we would be down by 3-4.

In my phone and won't let me copy and paste. He allowed 2 goals on 3 shots against Arizona and got pulled.

He allowed 5 goals on 13 ****ing shots against the blackhawks in 22 minutes.
Nov 22, 2014

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Your definition of no chance is odd. I think Talbot would have at least stopped 3-4 of those and has.

I think we're so used to **** goaltending here that we don't expect any better.

This was an absolutely brutal game by a goalie. 6 goals on 17 shots in 30mins would be the end of a goalie on a lot of teams. just saying

:shakehead Give it a rest that was his first bad game as an Oiler in the other pre-season and regular season games he's suited up for us he has been good to great every single time. No one's career is over on the basis of one bad game and like many others on here believe we hung him out to dry on more then a few of those goals with horrible defensive coverage.

McDeathbyCheerios*

:shakehead Give it a rest that was his first bad game as an Oiler in the other pre-season and regular season games he's suited up for us he has been good to great every single time. No one's career is over on the basis of one bad game and like many others on here believe we hung him out to dry on more then a few of those goals with horrible defensive coverage.
If one game ended a career then Scrivens would of been fine last November.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Find one game ever where Scrivens let in 6 goals in 30 mins here on 17 shots.

Find one.

Everytime caps had the puck I expected another goal.

Is this guy really defending Scrivens ? Scrivens is poop.
P
O
O
POOP
O
O
POOP

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Didn't Scrivens just allow 4 goals in like 3 minutes just this past weekend… in the AHL.

Probably the crap defense down there too hanging poor Scrivens out to dry.

I don't care if Nilsson let in a hundred goals in a game he is better a better goaltender then Scrivens. Personally I'm glad he had a poor game, puts a gap between him and Talbot cause I really don't like when you go back and forth between goalies, I thought Talbot should of got the start he's been real solid.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Didn't Scrivens just allow 4 goals in like 3 minutes just this past weekend… in the AHL.

Probably the crap defense down there too hanging poor Scrivens out to dry.

I don't care if Nilsson let in a hundred goals in a game he is better a better goaltender then Scrivens. Personally I'm glad he had a poor game, puts a gap between him and Talbot cause I really don't like when you go back and forth between goalies, I thought Talbot should of got the start he's been real solid.

Beat me to it.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

I remember when Patrick Roy had a terrible game, and gave up 9 goals, retired in disgrace, and was never heard from again.

And yes, I'm totally saying Nilsson is Pat Roy.
No I'm not.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
that was a game that was good to lose badly. Hopefully that will give McLellan's criticism more weight and the team getting slapped will inspire them to beat the Kings tonight. Keep the divisional wins coming and we will have a shot at the playoffs. Slowing the Kings down would be huge.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Meh, I don't like Nillsons style of play. Flop on the ice like a whale hoping his pure size is enough to stop pucks and being harpooned instead.

Farley Mowat wrote a book about this guy..

Caps feasted on Nillson. Picked the carcass clean. They would again anytime they faced him.

But really how hard is it to beat a guy that goes down early, doesn't move, and doesn't even display having lateral mobility in goal?

Fundamentally this guy looks to be in the stone age.

Swedish Gump Worsely. Bad memories of Salo.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Talbots been playing behind the same team and you would never know it. The numbers aren't even remotely similar and aside from the Caps Talbot has had the hardest opponents.

Nillson wasn't much against Dallas either.

Its funny that one game means nothing and yet half the board doesn't know a stitch about this goalie and bases their impressions on one exhibition game.

Do people honestly thing this goalie is fundamentally solid?

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Meh, I don't like Nillsons style of play. Flop on the ice like a whale hoping his pure size is enough to stop pucks and being harpooned instead.

Farley Mowat wrote a book about this guy..

Caps feasted on Nillson. Picked the carcass clean. They would again anytime they faced him.

But really how hard is it to beat a guy that goes down early, doesn't move, and doesn't even display having lateral mobility in goal?

Fundamentally this guy looks to be in the stone age.

Swedish Gump Worsely. Bad memories of Salo.

lol

All Scrivens does is flop around. Fundamentally he also looks to be in the stone age.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Talbots been playing behind the same team and you would never know it. The numbers aren't even remotely similar and aside from the Caps Talbot has had the hardest opponents.

Nillson wasn't much against Dallas either.

Its funny that one game means nothing and yet half the board doesn't know a stitch about this goalie and bases their impressions on one exhibition game.

Do people honestly thing this goalie is fundamentally solid?
Talbot had the tougher opponents? For a goalie making saves against Dallas and Washington would be a lot harder than against Nashville or St Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad