Post-Game Talk: Powerhorse powers Habs in OT -- lead series 2-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Great positive from this game was seeing the team come back from deficits twice to win the game. Habs have been criticized by Deboer of being uncomfortable playing from behind so this should be a big confidence builder.

One point of concern is that the Habs were able to take advantage of long changes from Vegas on the Caufield goal and Anderson's winner. Good on the team for being heady and taking advantage of bad changes, but that is something Vegas will address. Habs will need to find new ways to generate offense as this series goes on.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Perry is a complete lunatic. Guy has won a hart, cups, basically everything in hockey. And for min salary he is taking an absolute beating to try and win a Cup for a new team, May be the toughest, in the true sense of the word, player I've ever seen play for Montreal. Hat tip to Gally, but Perry is taking a beating every shift to make plays.
Min salary is still better than anything he can earn outside of hockey. After his agent's % and taxes, he still makes about 300 grand.

Reactions: Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Chris Lee is from St John's NB. Explains a lot. Bruins territory as far as I know, and the man is 51 years old. Guess what his childhood was like.

Moncton & Fredericton, and up, is Habs territory. They like us much better there, Moncton is very franco too, but St John's has no love for the Habs.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
My Weber rants were embarrassing this year, and I felt dumb about them even before the playoffs started.

Always a Price fan though.

Yeah, Weber is seriously shutting me up right now, so so solid , a Clapper goal would be nice eventually but everything else right now is gold
(Except for his backhand passes behind the net lol, still mini heart attacks everytime)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am one of the posters that you are taking a shot at here no doubt. I won't visit the GDT of tomorrow night's game, I don't deserve to be here.

You’re being too hard on yourself.

If we conducted an audit of all the shit people dump in here and rigorously held it against them, the forum would probably be down to a couple dozen posters — and most of them would be recent users with low post counts who didn’t have enough time to inflict damage to their self interest.

Hyperbole and posturing are the currency of our entertainment. Please, keep contributing to the show. :D

Last edited:

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Chris Lee is from St John's NB. Explains a lot. Bruins territory as far as I know, and the man is 51 years old. Guess what his childhood was like.

Moncton & Fredericton, and up, is Habs territory. They like us much better there, Moncton is very franco too, but St John's has no love for the Habs.
Wel, I’m 48, born and raised in Saint John NB (not St. John’s, that’s in Newfoundland), and always been a Habs fan. I can say you are incorrect about the fan base here. Lots of Habs fans. Also lots of Leafs fans, and yes there are Bruins fans but Leafs and Habs are probably 1-2 here.

For as long as I can remember, Chris Lee has called Habs games with what looks like a bias against them. How he gets to call so many of their games is beyond me.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Wel, I’m 48, born and raised in Saint John NB (not St. John’s, that’s in Newfoundland), and always been a Habs fan. I can say you are incorrect about the fan base here. Lots of Habs fans. Also lots of Leafs fans, and yes there are Bruins fans but Leafs and Habs are probably 1-2 here.

For as long as I can remember, Chris Lee has called Habs games with what looks like a bias against them. How he gets to call so many of their games is beyond me.

Well I have first hand bar experience from 04, 05 and 06 in all 3 cities. Posted to Gagetown. So, "oh well" I didn't see any Habs support in your St-John.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Min salary is still better than anything he can earn outside of hockey. After his agent's % and taxes, he still makes about 300 grand.

Add to that that winning in California or Carolina is very different than winning it in Canada. The type of recognition and perks that extend beyond retirement are on a different level. We’re a hockey crazy country and no team has won it in more than a quarter of a century.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Well if Hab’s can win game 4 I think they will take the series… just a hunch

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I am one of the posters that you are taking a shot at here no doubt. I won't visit the GDT of tomorrow night's game, I don't deserve to be here.
sarcasm.gif

...you better be here tomorrow night, there young man!!...don't make me pull this car over...:laugh:

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Great positive from this game was seeing the team come back from deficits twice to win the game. Habs have been criticized by Deboer of being uncomfortable playing from behind so this should be a big confidence builder.

One point of concern is that the Habs were able to take advantage of long changes from Vegas on the Caufield goal and Anderson's winner. Good on the team for being heady and taking advantage of bad changes, but that is something Vegas will address. Habs will need to find new ways to generate offense as this series goes on.
Play the same way as we played in the OT last night and we will be fine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

As an aside, one of Saint John and St. John’s should be encouraged to change its name.

It’s like the ole CFL thing between the Calgary Roughriders and the Ottawa Rough Riders.

I always see people mixing them up.

Saint John, NB tired of being mistaken for much cooler and better-liked St. John’s, NL

Reactions: Gyfu and JohnnyB11

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

If we conducted an audit of all the shit people dump in here and rigorously held it against them, the forum would probably be down to a couple dozen posters — and most of them would be recent users with low post counts who didn’t have enough time to inflict damage to their self interest.

Hyperbole and posturing are the currency of our entertainment. Please, keep contributing to the show. :D
Except me.
How about "Phil Danault downfall" you said so many times? :D :laugh: :naughty:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Oh pls, everyone here is a diehard Habs fan, may hold different views on approach & execution but philosophically everyone is pulling for the same thing....a winning team.

Last edited:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Well I have first hand bar experience from 04, 05 and 06 in all 3 cities. Posted to Gagetown. So, "oh well" I didn't see any Habs support in your St-John.

I am from NB. I would say there is a pretty good mix of fans in all parts of the province, with Habs and Leafs being the main ones. Lots of Bruins and Pens fans too, Id say.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Except me.
How about "Phil Danault downfall" you said so many times? :D :laugh: :naughty:

Yeah right. Except you. Except no one who is a long time poster — we’re all bound to contradict ourselves just based on the sheer number of posts.

I can’t remember the context for your Danault reference, unfortunately. However, I’ve always maintained he’d be at his best on a third line. His offence is deficient.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Runner coming through with the logic once again

I've personally loved seeing the whole board agreeing on something for once!

Go Habs!

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Lolol, born and raised, lived here most of my life. Also lived in Freddy for 3 years and spent several summers at CFB Gagetown. Lots of Habs fans here.

But either way, I find it hard to see how anyone could watch the Habs games Chris Lee has called throughout his career and not see a pattern of bias, no matter how it ever came into being. Through the years when I was gonna watch a Habs game and saw Lee was officiating I’d immediately debate whether I wanted to watch it or not. It’s that bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad